Question of sport trio axed. (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Ahh....Bill Beaumont & Wiilie Carson as team captains, jumpers for goalposts, 25-a-side, getting called in for yer tea....

Not like that anymore is it.....its all changed in the village....

I bet this is what people were saying when they appointed Sue Barker as presenter.

Skybluefaz

I don't know if Osi Umenyiora would be game but he's genuinely the most fun and knowledgeable sports pundit on the beeb in my opinion. The sport is American Football so I guess it doesn't really line up with the traditional QoS vibe. Anyone with a bit of character though, it had gone pretty stale. Dawson is disgustingly smug too.

TomRad85

Too busy trying to make it funny and turn it into a League of their own. Other shows with comedy like the thing Nick Hancock and Lee Hurst were on had their day. QoS should stick to it's audience and be a simple sports based quiz that it always was and has a core audience for those who like quizzing and sport. Simple format, but in fairness probably does need a refresh of the main characters, although not with Ellie Simmonds as a captain.
They Think Its All Over takes a big steaming dump on QoS and League Of Their Own. I'm sure I read they got rid because it was too popular and eating into QoS audience.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I always remember going to watch They Think It's All Over and being confused as to why Lee Hirst didn't have blonde hair.

I think when QOS try to be funny they have Miranda as their comedy director.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In fairness, some of the presenters they have been getting rid of across the various channels are shite. That being said, the whole diversity quota thing is a joke. They'll just end up losing viewers.

Marty

In fairness, some of the presenters they have been getting rid of across the various channels are shite. That being said, the whole diversity quota thing is a joke. They'll just end up losing viewers.

They don't care, what ever happens you need to pay for it. If they moved to a subscription basis, they'd be bust before the end of the first month.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I wish they'd get rid of that bloody awful "Homes Under the Hammer". It's been on our screens almost daily for around 17 bloody years! Get rid of this garbage!

Nick

Administrator
GET NEIGHBOURS BACK ON THE BBC!

It's gone to shit since it went to Channel 5.

While we are there, Byker Grove too.

David O'Day

Why does that genuine weirdo ADM try and talk to me? I'm actually shocked he was allowed to be a teacher.

Still he gives people a laugh when they let me know that i'm living rent free in his head.

1600284150056.png

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't know if Osi Umenyiora would be game but he's genuinely the most fun and knowledgeable sports pundit on the beeb in my opinion. The sport is American Football so I guess it doesn't really line up with the traditional QoS vibe. Anyone with a bit of character though, it had gone pretty stale. Dawson is disgustingly smug too.

When he's been on Fighting Talk he's been underwhelming. Don't think his style of humour would go down with the usual QoS viewers. But I guess they are trying to change the demographic.

David O'Day

When he's been on Fighting Talk he's been underwhelming. Don't think his style of humour would go down with the usual QoS viewers. But I guess they are trying to change the demographic.

Are they trying to change the demographics? The haven't said who will be taking over and people have been writing for a number of years saying is it time to end the series.

It seems to me like the BBC is trying to reinvigorate what is a slowly dying show. As someone said earlier is a bad version of a league of ther own at times now.

The podcast with Mark Chapman seemed slightly better though.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why does that genuine weirdo ADM try and talk to me? I'm actually shocked he was allowed to be a teacher.

Still he gives people a laugh when they let me know that i'm living rent free in his head.

View attachment 16935
What a pathetic attempt at seeking attention.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is what I thought when I read the opening post.
That'll get you a thumbs up from Gerry Adams.
Yes, talking about the people on question of sport getting fired , it's an absolute shocker isn't it ? Surprised you even read it. It's hardly up your street really.

Brighton Sky Blue

Users who are viewing this thread