Question of sport trio axed. (1 Viewer)

SBT

While I’m all for diversity for all kinds of reasons, not sure the science bears out the idea that diverse groups perform better TBH.

Plenty of studies that say it has a real positive effect on a company's profits. Easily searchable. There are a few studies that say otherwise, of course. But even if you could conclusively prove it had no impact at all, it wouldn't be an argument for ignoring it altogether.

shmmeee

Plenty of studies that say it has a real positive effect on a company's profits. Easily searchable. There are a few studies that say otherwise, of course. But even if you could conclusively prove it had no impact at all, it wouldn't be an argument for ignoring it altogether.

No it wouldn’t. I don’t think every good thing needs a science factoid to support it is all. Because if the science isn’t solid it makes support for the good thing less solid.

Also if it were true there’s a few women only or majority black businesses we’d have to tell to hire a few white men and not sure that would go down well.

Was basing off this meta analysis that showed no impact on market performance for gender balanced boards. Not seen as much for race TBF

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

While I’m all for diversity for all kinds of reasons, not sure the science bears out the idea that diverse groups perform better TBH.

As a whole organisation it would make sense that having a diverse workforce would give a greater range of experiences etc to draw from when making decisions and coming up with ideas.

Operationally it may be a bit more difficult due to language/cultural barriers etc.

Blind-Faith

No it wouldn’t. I don’t think every good thing needs a science factoid to support it is all. Because if the science isn’t solid it makes support for the good thing less solid.

Also if it were true there’s a few women only or majority black businesses we’d have to tell to hire a few white men and not sure that would go down well.

Was basing off this meta analysis that showed no impact on market performance for gender balanced boards. Not seen as much for race TBF

Could you imagine telling a company to hire more white people? There would be fucking carnage and rioting, but not racist towards us oh no no no no

Grendel

Grendel

Jokes aside, I was genuinely worried about him.

To go from posting 23 hours of the day down to radio silence must incur some serious withdrawal symptoms.

Feels weird he just dropped off the face of the earth. Probably came back as one of the new argumentative posters with the shitty and unoriginal usernames though!

He last posted on twitter in January some cryptic quote about crossroads - perhaps he auditioned for the remake as Benny and did not get the gig

rob9872

Apparently Sam Quek is one of the new captains.
Always thought that was likely. She's been on a few times and is quite good, but also very personable. In fact I expected her to be in line for the host.

chiefdave

Surprised at some of those names. Wonder if the reason they haven't gone for establish sports presenters and pundits is due to the amount of live sport these days. Potentially issues scheduling tapings if they use people who are in demand.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Been watching this since it first aired decades ago. Won't be watching again. Can't stand that McGuinness bloke and his bloody annoying Northern accent! :mad:

Grendel

Why they go for mcguinness who knows. Who cares as well but odd. Isa Guha works for the beeb now doesn’t she? She’s have been a good choice

wingy

I like ROS content ,and his previous incarnations and his current one .
Certainly provides a few pages of content then evaporates.

wingy

Is there a bit of a trend with ageism creeping in ?
Is that the motivation,not that they shouldn't be able to freshen things up with younger presenters, pundits etc if they wish.

Kneeza

Time they canned the shite. Fckn detest it.
Apropos of not much, they first piloted it in the sixties as a sort of 'non-celeb' sports quiz (and much better for it imo). My bro-in-law was actually on it. He was (mainly) a rugby player at the time, and had played for Wales at second-team level, while also playing cricket for Glamorgan, again well below first XI, so was pretty knowledgeable about sports.
Sadly the poor bugger, 81 now, can't remember it as he has vascular dementia.

Users who are viewing this thread