Question for Grendel (2 Viewers)

Grendel

stupot07

He’s 28 not 18
You're never too old to develop, and some players are late bloomers. Ricky Lambert was playing league one football at 29 and played for england 3 seasons later in his 30's. Jamie Vardy too was a later bloomer.

Not saying biamou would or can get anywhere near repeat that, but just pointing out you can improve with age, and may develop in to a decent football league player for the rest of his career.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Otis

Both were still under contract anyway and were hardly going anyway.

I fail to see how a previous orient player is universally regarded but hey ho
More highly regarded than Biamou. You know exactly what I mean.

Otis

You're never too old to develop, and some players are late bloomers. Ricky Lambert was playing league one football at 29 and played for england 3 seasons later in his 30's.

Not saying biamous would and can repeat that, but just pointing out you can improve with age.

Exactly. Surely anyone can see that.

There have been a number of late developers in the game over the years.

I remember Tony Book, a right back for Manchester City. He was in non-league until he was 30. He then joined the football league and became one of the best right backs in the entire country.

He ended up playing over 240 games for Manchester City in the top flight.

Grendel

You're never too old to develop, and some players are late bloomers. Ricky Lambert was playing league one football at 29 and played for england 3 seasons later in his 30's. Jamie Vardy too was a later bloomer.

Not saying biamou would or can get anywhere near repeat that, but just pointing out you can improve with age, and may develop in to a decent football league player for the rest of his career.

Odd comparison

Grendel

Do you really think a non league striker after 1 year in English football is going to get a 3 year clause written into his contract if we got promoted? Behave

I’m not the only one on here who has said that and it is easily possible if he agreed a very low wage deal to sign up

Gint11

Clearly - if Biamou has started every game we’d be in the low end of the table.

Biamou is a circus act and not a footballer - Hiwula and Bakayoko are light years ahead as well

Thanks for the pretty random question

Biamou a circus act?!?
Oh the irony

AFCCOVENTRY

Basically Grendel will just say the opposite to the majority of city fans because he/she views the world in opposites.

larry_david

The comment yesterday that jch had no chance to score from that angle just proves the tinted glasses. How a left footed striker didn't hit the target from there I don't know. It nearly hit the corner flag!

Otis

The comment yesterday that jch had no chance to score from that angle just proves the tinted glasses. How a left footed striker didn't hit the target from there I don't know. It nearly hit the corner flag!
Yep. Should definitely hit the target and it was a good opportunity.

rondog1973

Exactly. Surely anyone can see that.

There have been a number of late developers in the game over the years.

I remember Tony Book, a right back for Manchester City. He was in non-league until he was 30. He then joined the football league and became one of the best right backs in the entire country.

He ended up playing over 240 games for Manchester City in the top flight.
And captaining a Division 1 (that's the old Premier league for our younger viewers) side to the league title.

Captain Dart

Grendel

Irish Sky Blue

Except only 5 were in the league
So we don’t count McNulty’s cup and play off goals from last season? I think we do. McNulty 28 goals, Biamou 9. Not a bad return from your first season as a professional, particularly as his minutes on the pitch were limited and the fact that it took him a few months to get that first goal. Once he started scoring his goal ratio was good.. Because Max scored spectacular goals he is a circus act? Are Charlton, Rooney and Beckham circus acts too then? Not comparing them as players or the level they played at, just the type of goals they scored as this I think is the reason for the circus jibe at Max.

Grendel

So we don’t count McNulty’s cup and play off goals from last season? I think we do. McNulty 28 goals, Biamou 9. Not a bad return from your first season as a professional, particularly as his minutes on the pitch were limited and the fact that it took him a few months to get that first goal. Once he started scoring his goal ratio was good.. Because Max scored spectacular goals he is a circus act? Are Charlton, Rooney and Beckham circus acts too then? Not comparing them as players or the level they played at, just the type of goals they scored as this I think is the reason for the circus jibe at Max.

Since he started scoring he’s scored 9 in 42 appearances and I think 2 assists

Is that good?

Irish Sky Blue

Has he lost an assist from your original stats?
Looking at those figures, he has an almost one in four strike rate for his debut season. Is that that bad a rate for his first league season?
You also look into those 42 games and you will find he was substituted in some and in a lot more came on as a sub well into the second half.
Incidently, I think JCH is much improved this season, a much better player than he was when he arrived (no doubt you will agree, down to the coaching he has recieved from Robins). However, what are his goals per games stats since he arrived? Are they better than Biamou’s?

Irish Sky Blue

Just looked them up (Wikipedia). JCH has scored 7 in 30 games for us, which gives him a goal ratio of just less than 1 in 4, the same as Max. His career total is 31 goals in 199 games which is about 1 in every 6. I think you would have to agree that there is more to both their games than just goals.

Otis

Just looked them up (Wikipedia). JCH has scored 7 in 30 games for us, which gives him a goal ratio of just less than 1 in 4, the same as Max. His career total is 31 goals in 199 games which is about 1 in every 6. I think you would have to agree that there is more to both their games than just goals.
Good luck on getting Grendel to agree with that.

Otis

Post of the century and that's no exaggeration. ;)
Unless of course...

Grendel IS CC4L!! Gasp!

giphy.gif

oucho

No - one scored 30 goals and one 5. To suggest mcnulty needed Biamou is silly really. Next you’ll be saying Wham would never have had a hit single without Andrew Ridgely

Hehe you can have a like for that one

Grendel

Has he lost an assist from your original stats?
Looking at those figures, he has an almost one in four strike rate for his debut season. Is that that bad a rate for his first league season?
You also look into those 42 games and you will find he was substituted in some and in a lot more came on as a sub well into the second half.
Incidently, I think JCH is much improved this season, a much better player than he was when he arrived (no doubt you will agree, down to the coaching he has recieved from Robins). However, what are his goals per games stats since he arrived? Are they better than Biamou’s?

No one of the assists came from a game before he scored - according to you those games don’t count

Users who are viewing this thread