Match Thread Queens Park Rangers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Sep (4 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In Ibiza, its mental, fucking madness. Anyone lend me a tenner?

In Miami m8. Same shit. Not sure what's going on or what time it is.

Fully expecting to wake up tomorrow and we've lost. Hopefully some fireworks set off will compensate.

Sky Blue Harry H

Dog fed, cup of tea on the sofa/settee (you say potato, I say potato).
Coach leaving in an hour for breakfast and beer en route to the match.
Fingers crossed we get a result today. Not concerned over players' efforts, just hoping we get a break or two that sparks the team.
The fans (barring an early goal for them) will be, as ever, noisy (and drunk !).
Come on City!

Ashdown

Will be tuning into the City match later on phones from bar before we attend
Elche v Levante
Back to England next week in time for
Cov v Norwich 💪

BlueSkiesForever

We lose this, go 1- 9 wins all season, our super new strikers draw a blank again. Robins blames all the injuries etc etc
SBT implodes ……….
Yeah if we lose this or draw again when we don’t like look we’re creating anything and then Robins blames individual errors or injuries again I’ll be fucking livid. I don’t mind being outplayed (frustrating of course) but if you’ve given your all and come up against a much better, well organised opposition on the day then fair enough, but to blame individuals or tiredness or injuries when to me it’s obvious the system doesn’t suit our midfielders or strikers would be ridiculous. Let’s just hope we get a nice 2-1 last minute winner. 🙏

Sky Blue Harry H

when to me it’s obvious the system doesn’t suit our midfielders or strikers would be ridiculous

What system would you employ mate? We've just got to ride this storm out. Of course individual errors can cost you, and no manager can plan for that. Yes, they can set up systems, but to say he cannot point out the difficulties we have in a key area of the pitch (due to injuries), when we are all aware of it, is daft. He is asked to comment on a game, but you're asking him not to talk about things that we all are. Why?

Seymour_East

Time to change the formation and tactics today, start with one up front and strengthen the midfield with an extra busy body Allen. MR
can always revert to three up front if needed.
Going positive, 1- 3 to the mighty Sky Blues

clint van damme

Time to change the formation and tactics today, start with one up front and strengthen the midfield with an extra busy body Allen. MR
can always revert to three up front if needed.
Going positive, 1- 3 to the mighty Sky Blues

With the personnel currently available this is the only realistic formation change but I don't see Robins doing it.

BlueSkiesForever

What system would you employ mate? We've just got to ride this storm out. Of course individual errors can cost you, and no manager can plan for that. Yes, they can set up systems, but to say he cannot point out the difficulties we have in a key area of the pitch (due to injuries), when we are all aware of it, is daft. He is asked to comment on a game, but you're asking him not to talk about things that we all are. Why?

Yeah of course individual errors can cost you in a game but that can happen in any game, right from the prem down to league 1, however it shouldn’t be the main excuse we are drawing or losing. Personally, when you’ve gone 6 games without a win the manager should start thinking maybe it’s the system or tactics that I’m using that’s wrong, rather than every game containing a couple of mistakes. You look at that Huddersfield game, we should have bossed that first half 2-0 or 3-0, then there wouldn’t be this excuse of “well Kelly moved here, and Binks did that, and the strikers didn’t press enough and Thomas headed the ball wrong” etc etc. You can use that for any goal any team ever concedes, just point out what they did wrong and blame them.

We do have significant players injured of course and that’s fair enough but to me it’s gone on long enough that we shouldn’t just be trying to ride the storm out. Every game I’ve watched it’s always the same issue, our strikers are too detached, Kelly and Eccles can’t find a decent through ball to save their life and the wingbacks can’t cross a quick dangerous ball into the box that’s in front of the striker, everything’s always too late and not incisive enough (and I realise I’m hypocritically singling our individuals there but I think that’s because the system doesn’t suit how they play rather because they’re awful). Therefore I think it’s clear that the formation needs to change, I’ve mentioned it numerous times on here but I’d like to see 4-3-3 but we’ll never get that from Robins so I think the best fit for us now would be returning to the box. It’d mean Kelly and Eccles can sit back like they like to and just defend the back line whilst Saka and Ayari can be up there providing the through balls for Simms to run onto. Yes it means dropping Godden but he was so quiet last game and I think Simms or Wright would suit the box better.

I just think Robins need to get over this blame game he keeps sticking with, it’s not entirely the defence’s fault we lose or draw a game, if our attack had created more chances then we’d maybe be winning 3-1 rather than drawing 1-1. It was Huddersfield at home after all, we should have beaten them easily, however we sat deeper and deeper and couldn’t string more than 5 passes together going forwards so it inevitably invited more pressure onto us.

Sorry, I realise this message has gone on for too long but I’m just convinced from seeing us play every week that our current formation offers us very little going forward and if we scored more with a change of tactics we wouldn’t have this “he did this and he did that” excuse every week. We may get the odd result with it here and there but I’m not convinced it’s the optimum formation for us long term. Robins should just try something different and see what happens, it honestly can’t be much worse than what we saw last week.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm at work if anyone fancies having pint for me

CDK

Well hoping for a win don't care if it's lucky a fluke ,whatever ,this season a start to a big rebuild .Finish mid table.

BlueSkiesForever

Looks like we will go with this today;

Wilson

Latibeaudiere

Thomas
Fadz
Bink's

DaSilva

Eccles
Kelly
Allen

Simms
Godden.

I think that’s about right, I’ll be shocked if it’s anything different tbh. Would love to the the box but don’t think we’ll get any change from Robins.
We must be quickly becoming the team with the most predictable team sheet in the league 😂

Covkid1968#

Confident of the win…. Based on nothing more than being hungover and needing to be cheered up later.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that’s about right, I’ll be shocked if it’s anything different tbh. Would love to the the box but don’t think we’ll get any change from Robins.
We must be quickly becoming the team with the most predictable team sheet in the league 😂
You know what they say, never change a drawing team.

Gint11

Quick question. What do you think we need more today - a performance or 3 points? (If we can’t have both)

fernandopartridge

We must be quickly becoming the team with the most predictable team sheet in the league
Hardly, have we even had the same starting line up for more than 2 consecutive games

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

Hardly, have we even had the same starting line up for more than 2 consecutive games
Alright there’s the odd change here and there but nothing of significance, I would be surprised if there’s any change other than Allen/Saka though. I’m more just bored with our style of play tbh, just want to see us win by 2 goals or more for a change 😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread