Match Thread Queens Park Rangers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Sep (6 Viewers)

stevefloyd

one of the problems is our strikers are not holding the ball up long enough for the midfield to support them and the defence plays deep leaving us open to counter attacks in behind us, the central midfield is quite weak, Eccles does a lot of defending and blocking but leaves Kelly exposed, Kelly is currently our best player and certainly puts a shift in but he needs someone in there with him other than Eccles

Hertsccfc

one of the problems is our strikers are not holding the ball up long enough for the midfield to support them and the defence plays deep leaving us open to counter attacks in behind us, the central midfield is quite weak, Eccles does a lot of defending and blocking but leaves Kelly exposed, Kelly is currently our best player and certainly puts a shift in but he needs someone in there with him other than Eccles
Yes. A large part of the problem is that none of our strikers can hold onto the ball. It's always been Godden's weakness although he has worked hard on it. Gyokeres was brilliant at it but so far the ball hardly ever sticks when played up to Simms and only occasionally Wright. Obviously their lack of goals is a problem but their lack of hold up play has probably had more of a negative impact on the team as a whole.

SkyBlueCharlie9

He's also 26th percentile for pass completion, 8th for take ons, <30 for blocks, interceptions and clearances.

He's attempted 51 take ons and been successful in 8! That's shocking.
Saw a stat last night over 10 years
Messi 1v1 record 53%
Ronaldo 1v1 record 46%
So Sheaf at 16% for a totally different style of player is not actually that bad.

fatso

Actually feeling quite optimistic about this one, think MR has had a couple of days to straighten a few players out, and think we will see a positive reaction.

I think we'll see Allen get more game time and hopefully Simms continues the improvement he showed in the first half on Monday.
2-1 City.

shmmeee

Double bubble cos it frees Saka up for an AM role if Palmer is still out and Allen/Ayari not up for 90 mins.

Edit: and means we can play 433!

Finham

Means little when we're at a much higher level than we've been for a decade.
Au contraire, by virtue of us being at a higher level, it surely means a lot more? Him and Burroughs are clearly much better than the likes of Lawton and Kelly-Evanseses.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

3-0 City. Very confident. For no logical reason whatsoever.

Nuskyblue

Yes. A large part of the problem is that none of our strikers can hold onto the ball. It's always been Godden's weakness although he has worked hard on it. Gyokeres was brilliant at it but so far the ball hardly ever sticks when played up to Simms and only occasionally Wright. Obviously their lack of goals is a problem but their lack of hold up play has probably had more of a negative impact on the team as a whole.
The hold up hasn't been great this season but I'd argue that the quality of ball into them has diminished. Some of the balls into Simms and Wright were abysmal on Monday, Simms looked like he was getting fucked of with the time taken to get the ball to him as well, he was making some good runs but being overlooked entirely.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Kelly wouldn't get another championship club if he left us. Eccles probably would but it wouldn't be a team who have aspirations to finish top 6, it would be a QPR, Rotherham

ccfc922

Already set up for shite day tomorrow, we're not getting wins, no trains, driving so will have to watch us sober, so please get that elusive win City!!!

1-3 Cov.

SkyBlueSoul

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks
Saka Kelly Eccles Dasilva
Ayari
Simms Godden

Lats has to come back in and Binks doesn't deserve to lose his place. Can't do a lot else with the team, there's an argument for Allen to come in but I don't think he'll start. Two poor teams to grind out a 0-0.

Ashdown

We lose this, go 1- 9 wins all season, our super new strikers draw a blank again. Robins blames all the injuries etc etc
SBT implodes ……….

BlueSkiesForever

Double bubble cos it frees Saka up for an AM role if Palmer is still out and Allen/Ayari not up for 90 mins.

Edit: and means we can play 433!
I’m gonna keep bumping posts about 4-3-3, a lot on here hate the idea but I would love to see it, not that Robins will ever play, can but dream 😂

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

What's our record vs sides managed by Ainsworth? I really probably shouldn't have posted this but im confident we'll get a decent win tomorrow. Can't make it tomorrow but last season was a great away day down there, really enjoyed it and hope we can get a repeat this time

BlueSkiesForever

Yeah I agree, clearly Simms/Wright don’t look at it yet but I do think they’ve been feeding mostly off pure scraps, and because of this weird 3-4-1-2 we play, it means that the midfield is always nowhere to be seen so Simms/Wright are waiting ages for the likes of Kelly/Eccles/Ayari to get up to help them out. There’s only ever really wingback overlaps available but then there’s no one in the box to cross it to.
I really think our current formation is poor and doesn’t suit whatever strengths our strikers have. We may win the odd game here and there with it but I don’t think it’s an optimum strategy going forwards.

SlowerThanPlatt

What's our record vs sides managed by Ainsworth? I really probably shouldn't have posted this but im confident we'll get a decent win tomorrow. Can't make it tomorrow but last season was a great away day down there, really enjoyed it and hope we can get a repeat this time
11 wins in 12 games I make it, he alluded to in his press conference yesterday that Robins has always had the upper hand over him

fernandopartridge

It's very good, almost 100%

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Greggs

In Ibiza, its mental, fucking madness. Anyone lend me a tenner?

Users who are viewing this thread