Quality of other grounds (2 Viewers)

Grendel

My lowest point was getting relegated to Div3. As you well know SISU admitted it was their fault.

Many were to blame not least the support shown by most supporters to the manager who clearly was never ever up to the job.

torchomatic

Really? Losing our own ground wasn't a more devastating point in our history? As Churchill said "I will be sober in the morning, but you madam will still be ugly". We can get promoted again but we can never get HR back again.

As for SISU, well, at least they admitted it. Richardson never did.

My lowest point was getting relegated to Div3. As you well know SISU admitted it was their fault.

Astute

At that time we still had a stadium to go to and didn't know about SISU and how much we were going to get shafted

Grendel

At that time we still had a stadium to go to and didn't know about SISU and how much we were going to get shafted

So you actually think the previous regime which refused to pay money to other clubs for debts owed, had an overdue inland revenue bill for £5 million and had not paid local xeeditors for months were better?

hill83

Yes, I don't have a problem with them owning and running CCFC. If they get the Arena at a low rent, improve the squad and eventually buy half or all of the stadium then it would ultimately make us more attractive to another buyer who could maybe take us to the next level.

Couldn't agree more. Regardless of who owns the club, owning the stadium makes us a more viable proposition. Be that Sisu staying or someone else taking over.

The pure anti Sisu is clouding people minds about the bigger picture, which to be blunt, is the safety and progression of Coventry City.

Macca

Couldn't agree more. Regardless of who owns the club, owning the stadium makes us a more viable proposition. Be that Sisu staying or someone else taking over.

The pure anti Sisu is clouding people minds about the bigger picture, which to be blunt, is the safety and progression of Coventry City.

exactly I agree, by hook or by crook, so lets not dress it up as anything else.

SISU are doing the wrong thing to achieve the safety and progression of CCFC, thats fine

skybluehugh

So, were we as equally short sighted into getting him in the first place? And Bailey? And Adams? And Robins?

Apart from the manager, all loan, Bailey already back at Derby McG has one game left (due to suspension)and lets see who we BUY in Jan to help us push for the play offs or even automatic promotion

skybluehugh

Ah, the old house analogy. No, you'd be thrown out. However, this isn't an individual and a house it's a 130 year old football club fighting for it's survival.

I'm a simple man, me. SISU own CCFC and I support CCFC. ACL do not own or run CCFC so I do not support ACL. I want the best possible deal the football club can get so if they have to play hard ball to get it, then so be it.

But that is why I get so annoyed by some of your posts. I support CCFC just like you but the people you constantly defend have played a massive roll (not all) in trying to destroy OUR club. They are putting OUR club at risk by trying to play their hardball games with ACL who just want them to pay what they agreed when they took over the club. Yes re-negotiate the rent, but pay what we owe with that condition added on.

Tonylinc

Stevenage were in conference a few years ago and the ground is still at that level. £23 to get in was over the top but the last 15 mins of the game made it worth it, free parking aswell.
Oldham is the worst I have been to this season but they make up for it with the best pies in the league, so far.
That will be Hollands pies.....and yes, they are the best. Can't buy them here in Scunny either.

Grendel

But that is why I get so annoyed by some of your posts. I support CCFC just like you but the people you constantly defend have played a massive roll (not all) in trying to destroy OUR club. They are putting OUR club at risk by trying to play their hardball games with ACL who just want them to pay what they agreed when they took over the club. Yes re-negotiate the rent, but pay what we owe with that condition added on.

The original rent arrangement was always going to prevent this club moving forward.

Out of interest did you think the same of Elliot and co when they couldn't be bothered to pay fees owed to other clubs as well as the inland revenue?

skybluehugh

The original rent arrangement was always going to prevent this club moving forward.

Out of interest did you think the same of Elliot and co when they couldn't be bothered to pay fees owed to other clubs as well as the inland revenue?

Yes I did because they represent CCFC and just like our current owners gave us a bad rep because of the way they run our club.

Grendel

Yes I did because they represent CCFC and just like our current owners gave us a bad rep because of the way they run our club.

How odd. Your previous post puts all the blame at sisu yet now you say the last regime was no better.

So the current owners are not all to blame then?

Tonylinc

All of us on here want nothing but the best for our club. Problem is.....some of us can't agree that the behaviour of our "saviours", is either correct or moral. They are acting like bully boys towards a charity and the local council. That is not the way to do business if; after all negotiations are concluded; you want to retain a good working relationship. Sisu have made massive mistakes so far in their ownership of our club and I have yet to read an apology from them. To read such would at least be a starting point.

Mucca Mad Boys

Just like last season apart from the a different manager saying it (don't mention the T word)

You said we have no intention of keeping McG, no offence, but you've made yourself look like an idiot, with such a stupid claim!

We'll try to keep McG, by offering our best deal, if that's not enough, fair enough, you did well for us. We did try to keep King, we almost did, but Thorn had to feck it up. Sigh.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Can't wait till they issue a winding up order and I hope the club goes into administration also, good on you ACL for standing up to the club. 3 cheers for ACL I say

Got the party food, hats and music ready to go

Mucca Mad Boys

Can't wait till they issue a winding up order and I hope the club goes into administration also, good on you ACL for standing up to the club. 3 cheers for ACL I say

CJ got hacking software for Christmas ;)

Grendel

CJ has beaten you to it. I'm off to his.

CJparker

Well we all know the club won't get wound up - but by issuing a winding up order we know that SISU will have to sit up and take note... if they do I will say "well done ACL" for not allowing SISU to walk all over them.

Oh wait, sorry, all that matters in the world is CCFC so naturally all other parties should roll over and are obliged to give us services for free. Stupid of me to forget that.

Macca

Well I m going to get back to footballing matters and put my faith in those in the know who believe Sisu have changed and have the clubs interests at heart. It's easy to forget in all this that we are doing pretty well

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well we all know the club won't get wound up - but by issuing a winding up order we know that SISU will have to sit up and take note... if they do I will say "well done ACL" for not allowing SISU to walk all over them.

Oh wait, sorry, all that matters in the world is CCFC so naturally all other parties should roll over and are obliged to give us services for free. Stupid of me to forget that.
Yes...but you're not a very good supporter though are you.

I wouldn't say we are obliged to get services for free, but if they offered it for free I certainly wouldn't turn it down. You would probably turn it down though, in fact you are so generous and charitable you would probably offer to pay 10 times the asking price

Grendel

If you want to slag someone off at least do your homework, or like your backers is it easier to twist things to fit around what you want it to read.

I'm not slagging you off.

I thought the opening post was pretty dumb. Why compare a ground that was until recently non league as a barometer for our rent.

Ok go to hull and Ipswich and say "they pay about £15,000 a year for this should we be paying £1.2 million"?

Who are my backers by the way?

Tonylinc

Well I m going to get back to footballing matters and put my faith in those in the know who believe Sisu have changed and have the clubs interests at heart. It's easy to forget in all this that we are doing pretty well
Make no mistake Macca......we are doing well in spite of Sisu NOT because of them. MR was not their first choice (which is well documented). What evidence is there that they have changed and now have the club's interest at heart?

Grendel

Make no mistake Macca......we are doing well in spite of Sisu NOT because of them. MR was not their first choice (which is well documented). What evidence is there that they have changed and now have the club's interest at heart?

Where is it "well documented" robins was not first choice?

CJparker

Yes...but you're not a very good supporter though are you.

I wouldn't say we are obliged to get services for free, but if they offered it for free I certainly wouldn't turn it down. You would probably turn it down though, in fact you are so generous and charitable you would probably offer to pay 10 times the asking price

Not a very good supporter - because I don't support the club in its hard-headed attempts to trample over everyone else? If that's your criteria of being a supporter, probably not.

If you were a German citizen in the 1930s, would you support Hitler? Yes his tactics were a bit dubious, but creating a master race and bringing the Sudetenland back into the Reich made it all worth it, right?

CJparker

Where is it "well documented" robins was not first choice?

It's well documented in the minds of people who have no idea whatsoever :p

Some say Ince was first choice but he turned it down due to the "low salary" ... I've never seen any concrete evidence of this though.

Grendel

Not a very good supporter - because I don't support the club in its hard-headed attempts to trample over everyone else? If that's your criteria of being a supporter, probably not.

If you were a German citizen in the 1930s, would you support Hitler? Yes his tactics were a bit dubious, but creating a master race and bringing the Sudetenland back into the Reich made it all worth it, right?

Hitlers tactics were a bit dubious.

Yesterday it was saddam Hussein.

Pol Pot tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread