Quality of other grounds (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Keys on a radio show, I mean its not as if he would have any other agenda to say that is it?

Yep it was keys after he gloatingly told anyone interested that Coventry's first choice had turned us down. Robins confirmed 10 minutes later and next day keys says oh he's not first choice. Yes of course.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not a very good supporter - because I don't support the club in its hard-headed attempts to trample over everyone else? If that's your criteria of being a supporter, probably not.

If you were a German citizen in the 1930s, would you support Hitler? Yes his tactics were a bit dubious, but creating a master race and bringing the Sudetenland back into the Reich made it all worth it, right?

You don't seriously think a football club looking to negotiate a rental agreement is comparable to Adolf Hitler do you?

You just thought you would say something outrageous to try and provoke a reaction

skybluehugh

I'm not slagging you off.

I thought the opening post was pretty dumb. Why compare a ground that was until recently non league as a barometer for our rent.

Ok go to hull and Ipswich and say "they pay about £15,000 a year for this should we be paying £1.2 million"?

Who are my backers by the way?

You said i didn't blame anyone else but our current owners for where we are. But you can not disagree ( Well you and Torchie can ;)} that our current owners are compleatly at fault for us being in D3.

You then say we shouldn't compare ourselfs with a club in the SAME devision as us, yet you then go on and compare us with two teams in a different division.

And the way you will never have anything bad said about our current owners i carn't believe i am the only one on this site that believe that you have some intreast in them :D
:D

Last edited:

torchomatic

It is not "well documented" at all. You've made that up.

It's funny, when the club was doing poorly and we were relegated fans rightly blamed SISU. they said they learn by their mistakes and they have. We've got the best manager we've had for years and a great squad of players, yet you say it's all by accident not design. Blinkered fool.

Make no mistake Macca......we are doing well in spite of Sisu NOT because of them. MR was not their first choice (which is well documented). What evidence is there that they have changed and now have the club's interest at heart?

torchomatic

Yes, I am sure Holocaust survivors can see remarkable similarities between what they went through and ACLs issues with SISU. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Not a very good supporter - because I don't support the club in its hard-headed attempts to trample over everyone else? If that's your criteria of being a supporter, probably not.

If you were a German citizen in the 1930s, would you support Hitler? Yes his tactics were a bit dubious, but creating a master race and bringing the Sudetenland back into the Reich made it all worth it, right?

win9nut

Thought you said Sunderland then... The whole war, all those billions of pounds spent to defend a little town near Newcastle... I would've let them have the place...

Seriously though, do you have to compare SISU, whose current charges include withholding £1.2m in rent to a Quango and sending a once mighty club to the third tier of English football, with Adolf Hitler, whose charges include being the cause of a war which engulfed most parts of the "civilised" world to some extent, and which resulted in millions of deaths.

PUSB

Grendel

It is not "well documented" at all. You've made that up.

It's funny, when the club was doing poorly and we were relegated fans rightly blamed SISU. they said they learn by their mistakes and they have. We've got the best manager we've had for years and a great squad of players, yet you say it's all by accident not design. Blinkered fool.

Well to be fair as well as Garry Hofmans friend keys spouting off it was also reported in the telegraph which is owned by the trinity group who had a non exec director called Garry hofman.

Grendel

Yes, I am sure Holocaust survivors can see remarkable similarities between what they went through and ACLs issues with SISU. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yesterday it was Saddam. The reason the Kuwaitis were invaded was that they refused to pay the gas bill. Saddam was charging them 8 times the market value and they refused to pay - scoundrels.

Seriously though for someone to even compare murderous dictators to sisu shows how deranged the argument has become.

SkyblueBazza

Just a thought...I wonder what rent Queens Park FC (SPL3 & amateurs) pay for Hampden Park...Scottish National Stadium FIFA class 4?

torchomatic

Good point. A massive over inflated one I should imagine.

WestEndAgro

Just a thought...I wonder what rent Queens Park FC (SPL3 & amateurs) pay for Hampden Park...Scottish National Stadium FIFA class 4?

Probably nothing based on their crowds, although I gather it's a sell out today, with the MIGHTY Rangers playing.

Lord_Nampil

Probably nothing based on their crowds, although I gather it's a sell out today, with the MIGHTY Rangers playing.

I think Queens Park are the Owners of Hampden park, they have a motto that is something like "Playing for the love of the game" And are an armature football club, a football club with alot of money mind!!!

Grendel

They own the stadium apparently and lease it to the Scottish F A.

torchomatic

Grendel

ICHAN

All of us on here want nothing but the best for our club. Problem is.....some of us can't agree that the behaviour of our "saviours", is either correct or moral. They are acting like bully boys towards a charity and the local council. That is not the way to do business if; after all negotiations are concluded; you want to retain a good working relationship. Sisu have made massive mistakes so far in their ownership of our club and I have yet to read an apology from them. To read such would at least be a starting point.

Not just to you Tonylinc but to others as well, if Sisu did come out and make a statement grovelling for an apology from the fans for the mistakes they have made in the past, some would still say F**k em still don't believe them so what would be the point?

IMO most owners are the same they want whats best for them, and as much money out of it as possible and they have no affiliation to the club, at this moment in time we need the best deal possible that suits the club if we want to move forward we cant have it both ways, expect us to compete and sign players and still pay way t0o much money in rent, Sisu are not a bottomless pit of money, they have made mistakes as all owners do of any business.
So we pay all the rent and go by what ACL say, however you can't moan then when we get relegated again for having to sell any player we can and not get any in to replace those going out to survive, sound familiar? We can't blame Sisu for everything and sooner or later they need to be cut some slack to see what the outcome will be, because maybe just maybe they have started to turn thgings around from the debacle they created when they came in under the influence of others RR and Co.

Users who are viewing this thread