Match Thread QPR (2 Viewers)

cov donkey kick

I couldn't see him picking the same losing team and system twice in a row yet he did...stranger things've happened.
I think Robins is un
I couldn't see him picking the same losing team and system twice in a row yet he did...stranger things've happened.
Think Robins is feeling the pressure as to get an upturn in results which I'm hoping will give some of the squad that haven't been used as much a chance.

no_loyalty

Marosi 100% has to start

Robins didn’t drop Wilson after the Luton debacle, so it’s highly unlikely he is going to drop him after keeping a clean sheet (albeit he didn’t have a lot to do) in the last game.

D

Deleted member 2477

Robins didn’t drop Wilson after the Luton debacle, so it’s highly unlikely he is going to drop him after keeping a clean sheet (albeit he didn’t have a lot to do) in the last game.
Both our keepers are league 1 at best. Nothing between them

better days

Interesting interview with Mark Robins on the club website
He attended both U23 games this week
Josh Eccles and Jack Burroughs are stepping up to the first team squad
Robins mentioned how well Burroughs was doing at right back and how his spell in men's football at Gloucester has improved his game

stupot07

Regardless of what anyone here thinks it’ll probably be Max on his own up front till the end of the season
It wouldn't surprised me if he went 2 up with Godden and Biamou, so he has someone else up there doing some of his running for him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

You think there is nothing between Marosi and Wilson ? Lol
Both not championship standard. You have a very short memory. It wasnt many weeks a go you were calling for Marosi to be moved on as Wilson was our number 1.

you need to make your mind up are you finished with your Robins out campain ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Both not championship standard. You have a very short memory. It wasnt many weeks a go you were calling for Marosi to be moved on as Wilson was our number 1.

you need to make your mind up

Judging by his career Wilson is non league standard

cc84cov

you need to make your mind up are you finished with your Robins out campain ?
One had a horrific injury or have you forgot ? He came back far too early

Sky Blue Harry H

Hopefully nothing amiss, but no Ostigard in the Norway squad v Turkey today, after being on the bench v Gibraltar.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wilson/ Marosi (not arsed)

Rose Osti Hyam

Hamer Kelly James mccallum

ohare

godden Biamou

Wondered about this - Hamer used to play right back - (and likes to go forward)
Da Costa is a loose cannon imo (and if he plays and gets booked, I'd sub him straight away, as not convinced he has the nous to avoid a second)

Pezza

DaCosta is another poor 'find' from Badlan, add it to the list... Kasta, Jobello, Bakayoko, Hilssner... really starting to wonder about the recruitment, I don't think Robins is that impressed either to be honest, although he should take responsibility.

Marosi for me, Wilson is just prone to a mistake and not quite good enough for me..

Hamer right wing back would be interesting I think and Pask also seems quite steady, not so good going forward but that doesn't make any difference anyway.

2 up top is a must, I'd even go Biamou and Walker as they've clicked a couple of times, Gooden to come on, I don't think he is good enough for this level anyway.

Would be happy with a point as my expectations really aren't very high going into these last 9 games.

SleepyGinger

I think the juries still out on dacosta, he needs a run of games but I think it’s too soon to write him off. Pask is steady and reliable but he’s a centre half playing at rwb and it shows.

fernandopartridge

DaCosta is another poor 'find' from Badlan, add it to the list... Kasta, Jobello, Bakayoko, Hilssner... really starting to wonder about the recruitment, I don't think Robins is that impressed either to be honest, although he should take responsibility.

Marosi for me, Wilson is just prone to a mistake and not quite good enough for me..

Hamer right wing back would be interesting I think and Pask also seems quite steady, not so good going forward but that doesn't make any difference anyway.

2 up top is a must, I'd even go Biamou and Walker as they've clicked a couple of times, Gooden to come on, I don't think he is good enough for this level anyway.

Would be happy with a point as my expectations really aren't very high going into these last 9 games.

Baka was signed before Badlan joined the club and did a job in league 1.

Pezza

Baka was signed before Badlan joined the club and did a job in league 1.

'did a job' is being very kind... still poor recruitment (Robins takes some responsibility) when you factor in our supposed model of buying/developing players, we basically wasted a decent transfer fee on Baka who will walk away for free at the end of the season.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, works hard, etc but he is a terrible footballer, sorry.

shmmeee

'did a job' is being very kind... still poor recruitment (Robins takes some responsibility) when you factor in our supposed model of buying/developing players, we basically wasted a decent transfer fee on Baka who will walk away fro free at the end of the season.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, works hard, etc but he is a terrible footballer, sorry.

~£100k for a kid who played and we have had multiple chances to sell isn’t that bad.

mark82

To clarify -

"On 7 August 2018, Bakayoko joined League One side Coventry City for an undisclosed fee, signing a two-year deal"

and...

Chris Badlan joined the Sky Blues as Head of Recruitment at the start of May 2018.

As a said, another from the Badlan team...

It really wasn't, was a Tommy Widrington signing (hence why Bristol Rovers were also after him). The signings of that summer were from the recruitment team in place the year prior. Badlan's were from last summer onwards. Hits and misses as there always are but seen as we were promoted it obviously wasn't all bad.

cov donkey kick

On overseas signings there's not been to many stand outs for me. Hamer probably the exception if your getting players off videos don't think it's the way to go as any montages of highlights is a rubbish solotion.

Jamesimus

On overseas signings there's not been to many stand outs for me. Hamer probably the exception if your getting players off videos don't think it's the way to go as any montages of highlights is a rubbish solotion.

Are we getting players based on YouTube videos? Here's me thinking Badlan had a data analytics background, he's actually just watching player montages off YouTube. Unbelievable.

cc84cov

Hamer has to be an exception when we paid over £1m for him the rest have been a waste of time

Jamesimus

Hamer has to be an exception when we paid over £1m for him the rest have been a waste of time

Didn't even watch a YouTube vid for Hamer apparently. Chris Badlan tracked his development playing through 8 entire seasons of football manager with him in centre-mid, and by the end of it he was worth 100 million and we were battling for a Champions League place with Barnsley and Brentford.

Evo1883

When a club doesn't have unlimited funds , they have to try and find hidden gems ...some fail but let's not make out our recruitment has been poor based on several duds ...we've signed many players in the last 3 years that have been a huge success

We used to sign awful has beens that wanted a final pay day , I'd rather we fail sometimes than fail almost every time

Users who are viewing this thread