Qatar World Cup 2022 (7 Viewers)

skyblue1991

Can;t afford to watch at home as the bills are too high, can't afford to watch in the pub as we are paying our bills.

It's going to be crap I think

no_loyalty

It starts a day earlier now due to Qatar now playing in the opening fixture, no idea why they weren’t originally as always thought the host nation played in the first game?

Liquid Gold

Fucking grim.

Amazing that Coventry city can have its own kit but England have to use a shitty template. I hate all these shirts with the stupid low collar/sleeves

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I never get the colours of the England kit. St George's cross is red and white yet we nearly always have a shirt with blue on it.
I can only assume it's so they can have a red away kit (though we've had a lot of blue ones of those as well).

Even if that were the case, predominantly white with a bit of red would be fine and then inverse the colours for away.

Liquid Gold

Italy don't have Blue on their flag but they the azzurri, Japan wear Blue.

There are loads of examples and England's is white and blue traditionally.

AOM

£110 for a shirt 😲😲. I'm glad I'm too old (and fat) to wear them.

I know, football shirts are ridiculously expensive nowadays.

Seen some Cov retro shirts going for £200+. Need to check in my cupboard if I've got any lying around...

CJ_covblaze

Fucking grim.

Amazing that Coventry city can have its own kit but England have to use a shitty template. I hate all these shirts with the stupid low collar/sleeves
Stuck with Nike until at least 2030 too.

chiefdave

Hummel said it "does not wish to be visible" in a tournament it claims "has cost thousands of lives".

"We support the Danish national team but that isn't the same as supporting Qatar as a host nation," it said.

Reactions: AOM

clint van damme

No doubt lured by a massive salary to a country whose dubious human rights record he was aware of, I'll save my sympathy for the desperate migrant workers who went there and died purely trying to put bread on their family's table.

Brighton Sky Blue

Australia would of been a brilliant host of the 2022 World Cup

Out of the 2018 and 2022 bids, the only ones the inspectors had significant concerns over were the ones who won. Australia with a huge growing interest in the sport, ready made infrastructure and stadia, a new continent etc. Or Qatar, where the grounds will be demolished right after the tournament

Otis

Not really. There's been 6 or 7k workers died over there. Why is his demise anymore worthy of reflection than theirs?
I'm not glad or gloating that he's dead but he would have been well aware of what sort of regime it was.
Isn't the difference that so many of those workers died due to poor safety and working conditions and that this travel bloke was murdered?

Otis

Whilst i take your point - i don't think the worker deaths are far from murder
Yes. I do agree to a point. I just think the circumstance with this travel guy does warrant a separate investigation.

It was Christmas Eve, he was readying himself for a party. Had all his clothes out ready and there was evidence of food there that he was eating and he has been reading a book. He had, had a video call with his wife the night before and had been laughing and joking.

Yet, he was found hanged in his hotel room. 🤷 No note, or message to loved ones or friends, which they say just wasn't like him at all.

It definitely needs looking at separately. That's not to say other cases don't need investigating too of course.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Yes. I do agree to a point. I just think the circumstance with this travel guy does warrant a separate investigation.

It was Christmas Eve, he was readying himself for a party. Had all his clothes out ready and there was evidence of food there that he was eating and he has been reading a book. He had, had a video call with his wife the night before and had been laughing and joking.

Yet, he was found hanged in his hotel room. 🤷 No note, or message to loved ones or friends, which they say just wasn't like him at all.

It definitely needs looking at separately. That's not to say other cases don't need investigating too of course.

That's fair enough. I actually have a relative, albeit distant, who works in media, who has been given a great opportunity to go out there during the World Cup so I understand the allure but it really makes you wonder why they were given it in the first place with some ofthe stuff that's gone on in the build up and preparation.

Gynnsthetonic

Out of the 2018 and 2022 bids, the only ones the inspectors had significant concerns over were the ones who won. Australia with a huge growing interest in the sport, ready made infrastructure and stadia, a new continent etc. Or Qatar, where the grounds will be demolished right after the tournament
Always was a bizarre decision, didn't FIFA announce Russia and Qatar on the same day so corrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread