Putting the Sixfields fiasco into perspective (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

My only issue with many of these stories from fans, is that no one is physically preventing fans from going to sixfields. Everyone is busy blaming SISU for taking coventry away from coventry and taking a NOPM stance. At the same time they are being blamed for losing a generation of fans.

Why can't fans take it upon themselves to keep the next generation of fans interested in coventry? Why must it always be someone else's fault? Why is attending sixfields seen as a way of supporting the move to Northampton. I can guarantee that no one who attends games in sixfields wants to be there and supports the move.

As a comparison, when Brighton were homeless, albeit under different circumstances, they were forced to travel to Gillingham to games. And look where Brighton are now.

I, like many others who attend the home games, have no issue with people wanting to stay away from sixfields, but please don't use it as an excuse for blaming SISU for losing a generation of fans. If you can't go then fair enough, but if you won't go, please understand that you should take some, not ALL, of the responsibility for our next generation.

I am not Tim fisher.

Brighton were homeless, no ground, it didnt exist.... I think that's the difference isn't it? As such the fans stayed united- indeed it added to the fan bases esprite de corps.
Our situation is totally different I feel?

Norman Binns

Now the dust has settled on this thread I just want to clear a few things up by way of reply as some people have either not read this post properly or misinterpreted it. I also want to respond to other comments made:

Sad story undermined by pompous slander towards people with different ideas and views. Shame, you were doing well & I feel your pain.”

There’s no slander anywhere in the article and I challenge you to find an example in my post. I’m not quite sure you think it’s pompous unless you’re referring to my writing style. It’s what I’ve been brought up with and I’m not going to change to text speak now, no matter how fun it may be. Different ideas or different values?

morals,perspective,self respect ,?>in with the wolves against cov ,but supporting cov away at a couple of games ,now ive heard it all ,.now im at absolute loggertheads with myself with wats right n wrong and wat we do or don't do ,but reading your load of story telling tosh makes me feel like giving it all in .I feel for your lad under the circumstances ,but if he and his mates were travelling to the ricoh then by all means boycott sixfields but they like many others they could travel away ,no excuse or reason to change teams ,but they already done that once .im sorry folks but this is going to far”​

After deciphering the gobbledegook, I’ve realised why you may have misinterpreted my post – I omitted some information. My son hasn’t changed teams and nowhere in my post does it state that he has. Because of the absurd move to Northampton, my son can neither get nor want to go there. His friends that went with him to the Ricoh were showing a growing interest in supporting Coventry as their number 1 team but because of the ludicrous circumstances they now go and watch Wolves. Because my son wants to be with his mates on a Saturday, he goes with them because he doesn’t want to feel left out.

He could, and should, have been with me in the Steve Bull stand at Wolves and at first I was annoyed until he revealed something. Since he’s been going to Molineux this season, a few Wolves supporting bully boys at his school have latched onto this fact. My son told me that if they found out that he was in with “Cov”, then they would have made his life hell at school. As a father, I can empathise with, and understand that.

As an aside, he’s asked if we can go to the Bradford away game. Like I said in my post, he still supports Coventry in his heart. Will I be saying that in 3-5 years time though?

My only issue with many of these stories from fans, is that no one is physically preventing fans from going to sixfields. Everyone is busy blaming SISU for taking coventry away from coventry and taking a NOPM stance. At the same time they are being blamed for losing a generation of fans.

Why can't fans take it upon themselves to keep the next generation of fans interested in coventry? Why must it always be someone else's fault? Why is attending sixfields seen as a way of supporting the move to Northampton. I can guarantee that no one who attends games in sixfields wants to be there and supports the move.

As a comparison, when Brighton were homeless, albeit under different circumstances, they were forced to travel to Gillingham to games. And look where Brighton are now.​

I, like many others who attend the home games, have no issue with people wanting to stay away from sixfields, but please don't use it as an excuse for blaming SISU for losing a generation of fans. If you can't go then fair enough, but if you won't go, please understand that you should take some, not ALL, of the responsibility for our next generation.”

To my mind, this is another example of someone trying to ease their own conscience and sense of guilt and of deflecting the issue. I take you point about fans (customers) taking a certain degree of responsibility for our next generation of fans but the primary responsibility lies with those running the club. As a fan, you can only do so much; no-one can force anyone to support Coventry. It’s up to the owners of any business to make it appealing and accessible to its present and future customers, in this case young fans.

For example, if a business was giving poor service and as a consequence that business was losing its customer base, would you say it was the responsibility of the remaining customers to rally round trying to win back those lost customers? Of course not, it’s an absurd notion. It’s not an excuse blaming SISU for losing a lost generation of fans, it’s a fact.

On a general note, I’ve not stated anywhere that I feel I’m ashamed of other people going into Sixfields. What I’ve said is that I personally can’t understand it and I would personally feel ashamed of myself for going. I recall some other poster saying he went for the first time and felt dirty afterwards.

cochese

I can assure you I am totally at ease with my conscience and I have no sense of guilt going to sixfields. To my mind the club has made an effort in this predicament to making the club accessible to to it's present and future customers. I pay £2 to park my car at the ground within 100 yards where at the Ricoh it would have cost £10 (granted I actually paid £3 with a mile walk). My Season ticket works out to be less than £10 a game, and would be even less for younger fans which is exceptional value for the football I've seen. It takes me around 25 minutes longer to get to Northampton that it does to Coventry from where I am and that only really affects me for evening games. If you can't drive, well the club put on coaches to the games. Financially I'd say I was better off for this move to Northampton. But I'd be far happier to be playing in Coventry.

For me, if I really want to watch my club, and a temporary move 30 miles away isn't going to stop me.

sky blue john

I am as is the majority of ccfc fans under no illusions that our club has been kidnapped and seppela herself has issued the ransom note, the ricoh or else.
There is no reason that justifies going to sixfields and Im fed up of trying to be politically correct !!!!

Last edited:

italiahorse

Brighton were homeless, no ground, it didnt exist.... I think that's the difference isn't it? As such the fans stayed united- indeed it added to the fan bases esprite de corps.
Our situation is totally different I feel?

It has a little bit of relevance. If ACL do move on we will also be groundless and in my opinion unlikely to be able to afford to build one.
Plan C then comes into play, which is withholding the rent at Northampton and them going bust ?

italiahorse

I can assure you I am totally at ease with my conscience and I have no sense of guilt going to sixfields. To my mind the club has made an effort in this predicament to making the club accessible to to it's present and future customers. I pay £2 to park my car at the ground within 100 yards where at the Ricoh it would have cost £10 (granted I actually paid £3 with a mile walk). My Season ticket works out to be less than £10 a game, and would be even less for younger fans which is exceptional value for the football I've seen. It takes me around 25 minutes longer to get to Northampton that it does to Coventry from where I am and that only really affects me for evening games. If you can't drive, well the club put on coaches to the games. Financially I'd say I was better off for this move to Northampton. But I'd be far happier to be playing in Coventry.

For me, if I really want to watch my club, and a temporary move 30 miles away isn't going to stop me.

So what's is SISU's plan ?
Stadium size, location, financing? How much debt will be left in the club after 3 years? Will CCFC be able to finance it?
Five year down the line. Bigger Debt, smaller stadium?

Surely you know this? Or are you just following blindly ?

Last edited:

valiant15

You selfish minority are holding up the return of our football club.

As long as you get your fix though eh?

sky blue john

The selfish minority don't give a shit.

This is the first time i have said it but the sixfields goers make my skin crawl and are nothing but scabs !!!!
The thing is at away games i hate to think i could have been standing in the same proximity as one !!!

valiant15

You have to admit with lack of atmosphere it can't be much of a fix !!

It cracks me up,they go down to that cowshed,make no atmosphere, sit there like shop dummies and pay for the privilege of a 35 mile detour! Not even any kind of protest songs or banners about being shafted by the worst owners in football.

Fisher must be laughing his bollocks off at them and i cant say i blame him.

italiahorse

This is the first time i have said it but the sixfields goers make my skin crawl and are nothing but scabs !!!!
The thing is at away games i hate to think i could have been standing in the same proximity as one !!!

I wouldn't go as far as that but I must admit I saw someone in a new shirt at Walsall and although I didn't know him disliked him immediately.
It must be getting to me as he's probably someone I was hugging last season when we scored.

cochese

So what's is SISU's plan ?
Stadium size, location, financing? How much debt will be left in the club after 3 years? Will CCFC be able to finance it?
Five year down the line. Bigger Debt, smaller stadium?

Surely you know this? Or are you just following blindly ?

So what is the alternative plan?
Return to a rental agreement at the Ricoh? How much debt will the club accrue from a rental agreement where the club gets no benefits from parking and corporate sales? Will CCFC be able to finance it? Five years down the line, bigger debt and still don't own a stadium?

Surely you know this too I assume...

sky blue john

Return to a rental agreement at the Ricoh? How much debt will the club accrue from a rental agreement where the club gets no benefits from parking and corporate sales? Will CCFC be able to finance it? Five years down the line, bigger debt and still don't own a stadium?

You have obviously fallen for all the bullshit and are not capable of doing your own maths !!!
Those of us that have done the maths know that ccfc would be better off at the ricoh under the old high rent system with no f&b than at sixfields !!!

italiahorse

TF said it was a 10 year plan at the forum.
I'm sure starting from a rental agreement and with time and good will (return of), working up to full ownership can be achieved in that time.
Food and beverage commitments can be phased over during that period as well.
Would be nice to see a goodwill gesture advising the same from ACL/CCC just to get the process started. Perhaps even offering the carrot of selling it forless than Ricohs value but at least what CCC and HIGGS have put in.

I believe the leverage applied on SISU by fans not going in numbers will eventually start the process. 100% would be better but the response has been enough even with the team playing well.

Just start talking.

PS I'm willing to offer my obvious negotiating skills in addition to a weeks campervanning for Tim and Ann during the process until we sort it out.

Last edited:

skybluelee

I drove past the Ricoh on Sunday with my 5 year old daughter. Its the first time she's been to Coventry and knows nothing of the Northampton shambles. She was so excited seeing the badge on the side of the stadium and repeated what I've told her many times, that she'll be able to come to her first game with me when she's 8. I didn't have the heart to tell her that Timmy has other ideas.

Another potential fan lost if these c*nts don't bring our club home as by the time she's 10 she'll be off shopping with her mother on a Saturday and I won't have been able to get her hooked.

Warwickhunt

I drove past the Ricoh on Sunday with my 5 year old daughter. Its the first time she's been to Coventry and knows nothing of the Northampton shambles. She was so excited seeing the badge on the side of the stadium and repeated what I've told her many times, that she'll be able to come to her first game with me when she's 8. I didn't have the heart to tell her that Timmy has other ideas.

Another potential fan lost if these c*nts don't bring our club home as by the time she's 10 she'll be off shopping with her mother on a Saturday and I won't have been able to get her hooked.
It will cost you a bleeding fortune me old china! Two women shopping on a saturday with your credit card - you must have been a bad boy in your past life!

ollyservetta

hav I read your original post wrong then,you were in with the city at wolves and your son was in with the wolves ,but you did 2 other away games together ?.

ollyservetta

and you said yourself that his mates changed from utd and Liverpool to go to cov ,that's wat I meant wen I said changed teams once already .if your lad is getting bullied im sorry ,my lad went to school surrounded by villa and blues and all unsundry ,he is city to the core ,and the more pisstaking and bullying the more coventry he got/.I still tho still cant see why, if your lad and his mates wer having to travel to the ricoh why they cant do the away games and carry on supporting city ,sounds like your lad is,

covmark

thought we were past all the scab stuff, obviously not.

torchomatic

I wouldn't go as far as that but I must admit I saw someone in a new shirt at Walsall and although I didn't know him disliked him immediately.
It must be getting to me as he's probably someone I was hugging last season when we scored.

I don't know what shirt you have on but I dislike you.

Probably states "Frankie Says Liquidation".

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Godiva

I don't know what shirt you have on but I dislike you.

Probably states "Frankie Says Liquidation".

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Or 'Bateman says NOpm'

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Beyond my understanding as why anyone would wear or purchase a 2013/14 shirt. It represents the club owners who are prepared to move the team from its supporters 35 miles for pure commercial interest and ignore and alienate 95% of their natural supporters. Basically anyone wearings the 2013/14 shirt is saying the other 95% if supporters are wrong in wanting Coventry City playing in their own city and purpose built stadium.

Grappa

Beyond my understanding as why anyone would wear or purchase a 2013/14 shirt. It represents the club owners who are prepared to move the team from its supporters 35 miles for pure commercial interest and ignore and alienate 95% of their natural supporters. Basically anyone wearings the 2013/14 shirt is saying the other 95% if supporters are wrong in wanting Coventry City playing in their own city and purpose built stadium.

Agreed. In fact I'd go as far as to say that anybody wearings ANY city shirt released during Sisu's calamitous reign is sub-human scum. And they probably work in factories and eat microwave meals.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread