Pubs (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Going to be a big increase in cases I reckon.
It's happening in other countries that have opened bars and restaurants.
People really need to stock to the rules but no one's bothering once they've had a few.

skyblue1991

Going to be a big increase in cases I reckon.
It's happening in other countries that have opened bars and restaurants.
People really need to stock to the rules but no one's bothering once they've had a few.
That's why I posted the DM link, the photos show how bad it was last night in London social distancing-wise

David O'Day

Alright, for those who went out last night, any reviews more coherent than a Dom one would be?

It was okay - most places weren't open.

Quieter than expected apart from the queue to the oak which I walked passed

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Alright, for those who went out last night, any reviews more coherent than a Dom one would be?

Bars in and around Birmingham were quieter, majority of people respectful of distancing/measures, table service in two of the three places we went to. A few younger idiots, one group got asked to leave a bar we were in but if our experience is reflected across country I’d hope there wouldn’t be a huge spike (would expect an uptick still) but who knows I guess.

The main pics being used by the papers are out in the street, Soho being a prime example. It then comes down to whether the virus is easily transmitted outdoors (still being questioned). We had massive street protests 2-3 weeks ago without a spike so hopefully this will be the same.

clint van damme

Bars in and around Birmingham were quieter, majority of people respectful of distancing/measures, table service in two of the three places we went to. A few younger idiots, one group got asked to leave a bar we were in but if our experience is reflected across country I’d hope there wouldn’t be a huge spike (would expect an uptick still) but who knows I guess.

The main pics being used by the papers are out in the street, Soho being a prime example. It then comes down to whether the virus is easily transmitted outdoors (still being questioned). We had massive street protests 2-3 weeks ago without a spike so hopefully this will be the same.

But were people out in the street because the pub was packed?!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Usual Saturday night. Not sure why the headlines are shocked.

Because a usual Saturday night doesn't have a lethal airborne pathogen circulating.

Although I agree it's fake shock. How many people genuinely expected people to distance themselves? They wrote the stories ages ago - it was just a matter of finding the places where it happened.

I'm sure most people were reasonably sensible but there was always going to be a few that weren't and others that forgot themselves after a few drinks.

Nick

Administrator
Because a usual Saturday night doesn't have a lethal airborne pathogen circulating.

Although I agree it's fake shock. How many people genuinely expected people to distance themselves? They wrote the stories ages ago - it was just a matter of finding the places where it happened.

I'm sure most people were reasonably sensible but there was always going to be a few that weren't and others that forgot themselves after a few drinks.

I mean headline news that there's been a fight at a pub or somebody being sick.

There have been gatherings for months.

ccfcchris

Not a chance I'm going anywhere near a pub as soon as they open. At the very least will be giving it a few weeks to see if there's a rise in infections.

And when they do reopen zero chance of me going in a Weatherspoon given the way he's treated his staff.
100% agree with this.

Users who are viewing this thread