Pubs (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Right then whos going to take the plunge first day back? Or will you give it a week or so?
Also I'm seeing places like sizzling pubs encouraging booking tables for food. Does this mean you can't just rock up for a pint?

ccfctommy

I have a horrible feeling the Saturday will have a Christmas Day vibe about it. I have no idea how my local (a spit and sawdust type place where there is no food) will handle it.

Saddlebrains

Are we able to just turn up for a beer though? Its not been confirmed. Tell.me im thick but im seeing sizzling pubs on social media only mentioning food bookings

Ian1779

The suggestion was that inside it was table service only.... guess from a pubs point of view to make that profitable you’d need to buy food too.

I would assume if you can find one with a decent garden you can just rock up for a drink.

chiefdave

Not a chance I'm going anywhere near a pub as soon as they open. At the very least will be giving it a few weeks to see if there's a rise in infections.

And when they do reopen zero chance of me going in a Weatherspoon given the way he's treated his staff.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Take the plunge lad! Gonna start at spoons then probs end up in slug or another bar as they are all allowed to open too

So not content with going to the pub you're going to go on a crawl and thus massively increase the risk of infection.......

If people want to go out then that's up to them but have some common fucking sense and stick to one place! It's the same mass manufactured shite in them all.

SkyBlueDom26

So not content with going to the pub you're going to go on a crawl and thus massively increase the risk of infection.......

If people want to go out then that's up to them but have some common fucking sense and stick to one place! It's the same mass manufactured shite in them all.
Most people won’t just stick to 1 pub ffs

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not a chance I'm going anywhere near a pub as soon as they open. At the very least will be giving it a few weeks to see if there's a rise in infections.

And when they do reopen zero chance of me going in a Weatherspoon given the way he's treated his staff.
I wouldn't piss in a Wetherspoons, never mind have a drink in one! Scummy shitholes!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I won't be going near my locals for a coupe of weeks yet. I'm too high risk and I have plenty of booze at home!

OffenhamSkyBlue

My understanding is that if you're only drinking, it's outdoors only, but that have been something anecdotal i heard on the radio about the way some places are deciding to operate.
I'm afraid it might turn out to be a nightmare. I'd love to be able to develop some sort of software which was able to map people's separation distance versus units consumed.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m gonna give it a miss fir the first few weeks , it’ll be chaos

Nick

Administrator
@hill83 any idea what arrangements the club have made?

Sell lots of beer and everybody gets really drunk.

giphy.gif

Monners

Opening the pubs - a vote winner!

Why a Saturday for the grand opening? Oh yeah, PR - Super Saturday (fuck the science). A sensible approach could be a midweek start surely, not the mad rush to have an all dayer on a Saturday.

Anyone with half a brain would give it a wide berth for a few weeks

This country gets what it deserves

Nick

Administrator
Opening the pubs - a vote winner!

Why a Saturday for the grand opening? Oh yeah, PR - Super Saturday (fuck the science). A sensible approach could be a midweek start surely, not the mad rush to have an all dayer on a Saturday.

Anyone with half a brain would give it a wide berth for a few weeks

This country gets what it deserves

I mean, why does it come to down to people being thick going to the pub.

I'm going to go for the NHS and to celebrate a protest and to buy food so I have all the reasons that people have been breaking social distancing for months in one go, without actually breaking any rules.

Monners

I mean, why does it come to down to people being thick going to the pub.

I'm going to go for the NHS and to celebrate a protest and to buy food so I have all the reasons that people have been breaking social distancing for months in one go, without actually breaking any rules.
I don't know what you mean, sorry.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know what you mean, sorry.

Just that before lockdown, you had people going on that if you went to the pub you were a selfish, OAP murderer. It wasn't actually breaking any rules or regulations like the tens of thousands of people who have done it since across bridges, beaches, supermarkets, protests etc.

I bet going for a beer with mates is going to do wonders for people's mental health.

Monners

Just that before lockdown, you had people going on that if you went to the pub you were a selfish, OAP murderer. It wasn't actually breaking any rules or regulations like the tens of thousands of people who have done it since across bridges, beaches, supermarkets, protests etc.

I bet going for a beer with mates is going to do wonders for people's mental health.
Go for it then mate

Users who are viewing this thread