PS5 (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

I'd definitely want a disk drive, buy all my games 2nd hand on eBay and sell them on when I'm done, sometimes for a small profit. Would be tempted for digital if PS Now was improved.

I probably won't bother for a year or so though.

Sounds like PS+ is having an upgrade is gonna have a library of classic PS4 games to DL. Not sure of the details but looks a bit like xbox games pass

shmmeee

If you’re a HP fan that Hogwarts game looks amazing. The missus was creaming herself over it.

Maybe it’s because I bought a Switch a week ago and have been playing Animal Crossing and Mario Kart all week, but everything seemed so gloomy and edgy and nothing looked fun.

Also all the cross gen stuff and GaaS means I’m probably less excited for a generation change than I’ve ever been.

I’ll probably jump in mid to late next year.

Alkhen

If you’re a HP fan that Hogwarts game looks amazing. The missus was creaming herself over it.

Maybe it’s because I bought a Switch a week ago and have been playing Animal Crossing and Mario Kart all week, but everything seemed so gloomy and edgy and nothing looked fun.

Also all the cross gen stuff and GaaS means I’m probably less excited for a generation change than I’ve ever been.

I’ll probably jump in mid to late next year.

Yeah that Potter game looks promising. if done well that could be a great RPG... Just hope it isnt one of those shitty excuses to grab micro transactions where they make it a choice of tedious grinding to level up or buy some perk to take a shortcut

Alkhen

Tedious grinding to level up, is it Assassins Creed? Is the map 4 times bigger than the sun?

its the worst feature of modern gaming, I hear the new Avengers game is peak grind bait. basically forcing normal people to buy in-game currency to get anywhere

Liquid Gold

its the worst feature of modern gaming, I hear the new Avengers game is peak grind bait. basically forcing normal people to buy in-game currency to get anywhere
I get it if you're a serious gamer who can spend 3 weeks gaming up and is really in to that but I just want to play the game for a couple hours then get on with my life, I can't take holiday from work to level up enough to just be competent in some giant map that you're never going to explore properly.

shmmeee

The irony is the most commercially successful GaaS game Fortnite requires no grinding at all and all gameplay is fully accessible without spending a penny. Yet it makes billions each year.

Alkhen

The irony is the most commercially successful GaaS game Fortnite requires no grinding at all and all gameplay is fully accessible without spending a penny. Yet it makes billions each year.

Yeah I think this is the blueprint going forward. If people love a good fun game with a level playing field they will spend money for cosmetic perks and little stuff to stand out.

Someone made the comment about the avengers game that it has been in development for so long it was planned right at the height of those grid loop/ loot crate online games like Destiny etc. hopefully devs have learned their lessons

shmmeee

I’d imagine Rocket League falls into that category as well. None of the successful micro transaction games with legs have required grinding for gameplay perks.

Marty

Does anybody else think the SSD is too small for the PS5? most triple A titles are over 80GB now, the latest COD ended up over 150GB with the updates, so surely the next gen titles will be pushing around 200GB. Once the operating system, saved games and 2 or 3 indie games on, you'll be lucky to have space for 3 games. I know it will allow for expandable storage, but I think they should have been looking at 1.5TB as bare minimum for the SSD.

ajsccfc

Definitely, I had to put a 1TB in the PS4 and that still needs a bit of curation, so I just hope they make it as easy to swap the drive out again as people will need to before long

Covstu

Does anybody else think the SSD is too small for the PS5? most triple A titles are over 80GB now, the latest COD ended up over 150GB with the updates, so surely the next gen titles will be pushing around 200GB. Once the operating system, saved games and 2 or 3 indie games on, you'll be lucky to have space for 3 games. I know it will allow for expandable storage, but I think they should have been looking at 1.5TB as bare minimum for the SSD.
Yep I have a 1tb for my PS4 and that’s full

shmmeee

I’ve had 500gb since launch and never had an issue. Though FIFA is the only big game I keep around. The rest are either small indie games or single player games I delete once finished. Got about 70 games on there permanently though.

Covstu

I’ve had 500gb since launch and never had an issue. Though FIFA is the only big game I keep around. The rest are either small indie games or single player games I delete once finished. Got about 70 games on there permanently though.
Games on the ps5 seem huge and expensive- 70 quid! I think I will be waiting a while for some games!

ajsccfc

I think PS4 games had an early RRP of £60 and that settled into a 40 or so average, I think £50 might be the new standard from now on but not as much as 70

Covstu

Watched a video from Sony around the unit and giving a full breakdown of what the unit has and fuck me it’s huge! When sat next to the fella it looks a proper unit!

Alkhen

Watched a video from Sony around the unit and giving a full breakdown of what the unit has and fuck me it’s huge! When sat next to the fella it looks a proper unit!

yep huge but was pleased to see the white bits look easy to pop off and expect a lot of aftermarket mods and covers to make it look less like router

Covstu

I don't mind the look of the console itself, but I think white controllers will get really grubby really fast.
I think it looks great but remember the PS2 didn’t like being laid down on its side at times. I was surprised just how big it was though! Going to need a bigger shelf!

Alkhen

I think it looks great but remember the PS2 didn’t like being laid down on its side at times. I was surprised just how big it was though! Going to need a bigger shelf!
yep i only just brought a tv unit a few months back. got a Xboxone just after and even that didnt fit:cry:

ajsccfc

Currently I've got PS4 and games on the same shelf so I think I'm good for space but the games may have to find a new home

shmmeee

Any tips on where to pre order? Thinking of treating myself as a Xmas present to me. Are they releasing in stages or will I just have to go out into the real world when it releases?

ajsccfc

There's likely to be another round of pre-orders before release but once it's out I can't see there being too much hassle getting one by Christmas. I'm ready to pre-order mine now so if I spot anything I'll pop it in here

Covstu

Any tips on where to pre order? Thinking of treating myself as a Xmas present to me. Are they releasing in stages or will I just have to go out into the real world when it releases?
Argos seemed the most stable platform when I pre ordered mine. All of the ‘get on our list and be notified’ were just bollocks.

ajsccfc

They've all just given up by the looks of things, I don't mind the black Xbox because at least it'll hide away but modelling that white one on a 90s hi-fi speaker is a puzzler.

Users who are viewing this thread