Proud Sky Blues (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Interesting read. Some interesting comments including one about Transgenderism being a mental illness. Not something I'd expect from that particular poster.

Also, who was Deleted member 2477 (or whatever the number was). Any ideas?

Depression is a mental illness, yet Men Talk from SBitC doesn’t get replies like this. I’m not sure discussing the exact classification of gender dysphoria is going to help here tbh.

AOM

I am encouraged in general by the people on this board. There are a few tears who spout prejudice stuff but in the main people here call out others who make racist, homophonic, a list remarks. Work to be done on the use of the word ‘Ming’ which is abhorrent and often gets ignored. People on Twitter however seem to be a different type in some cases.

There are some mad comments/posters on here at times, but I find this forum to overall be far more sensible than the Facebook forum or Twitter or even the callers on CWR.
For sensitive topics such as this, but even just from a footballing perspective

shmmeee

I am encouraged in general by the people on this board. There are a few tears who spout prejudice stuff but in the main people here call out others who make racist, homophonic, a list remarks. Work to be done on the use of the word ‘Ming’ which is abhorrent and often gets ignored. People on Twitter however seem to be a different type in some cases.

Wait wring wrong with ming? Like minging?

robbiekeane

Didn’t want to tag this onto the racism thread but it’s very much of a piece. Fairly innocuous post from the club yesterday:

And some completely normal replies:

(That’s just three of top five comments I see on Twitter)

Now I like a moan about pointless virtue signalling as much as the next man, personally I hate requests for applause on a given minute for whatever cause/dead person. But I don’t pop into the clubs replies to tell them this, it’s massively insensitive and I get it means a lot to others. I’m not a particular fan of the endless rainbows either. But this is LGBT history month, and the EFL are putting rainbow balls out, it’s not just a random thing.

Just like the Palmer abuse showed the need for taking the knee, the response to this for me shows the need for more visibility of LGBT people in football.

Anyway, have at it SBT

the joker GIF

Good post and right to highlight it

The reality is that these people who make these comments or ask these questions, are just homophobes who feel threatened by anything they promotes a group they aren’t a part of. Same as all the racists who do the same thing.

But they think they’re clever, they think they can skirt the line and no one can see them but everyone has their number

Like no Ryan9715 there’s not a straight supporters club but if you wanna go set one up then have at it. You’ll find it’s just 98% of the fan base though but have a blast

ajsccfc

Minefield. This is something that the club will never win. Wouldn’t it be weird if they celebrated gender for a game? Or skin colour? (This isn’t a complaint like those twitter replies) just think it’s closer to exclusivity.

Heard Fadz was frozen out because suddenly he identified as a northern tavern wench.
We've marked international women's day in recent years and I don't see any of it as exclusive, they want everyone to be in the same boat of being able to support their team without having to worry about being treated differently. Their ideal end goal is to have no need to exist at all

SBT

Do the people questioning why these groups exist ever take the time to actually ask one of their members what’s behind it? Feels like they would have a better understanding of why it’s not as simple as “We’re all just football fans” at the end of the day.

MikeyMoo

Trans and trans athletes are two completely different topics imo. Trans - absolutely be who you want to be and fek anyone who doesn't like it. Athletes using it for personal gain at the expense of others who have worked their whole life to be the best they can be and miss out on success to someone genetically stronger, can fek right off.
You're entitled to your view! I'm simply pointing out that these debates about trans athletes are not new, in response to people complaining that sport has 'become' political.

Skyblueweeman

Depression is a mental illness, yet Men Talk from SBitC doesn’t get replies like this. I’m not sure discussing the exact classification of gender dysphoria is going to help here tbh.
I'd say that's likely because those with mental illness are castigated less in society that members of the LGBTQ+ community.

And whilst you say discussing gender dysphoria here might not help, it's fair to call out posts where someone says Transgenderism is a mental illness.

Unless I've misunderstood the point of your post.

Otis

Didn’t want to tag this onto the racism thread but it’s very much of a piece. Fairly innocuous post from the club yesterday:

And some completely normal replies:

(That’s just three of top five comments I see on Twitter)

Now I like a moan about pointless virtue signalling as much as the next man, personally I hate requests for applause on a given minute for whatever cause/dead person. But I don’t pop into the clubs replies to tell them this, it’s massively insensitive and I get it means a lot to others. I’m not a particular fan of the endless rainbows either. But this is LGBT history month, and the EFL are putting rainbow balls out, it’s not just a random thing.

Just like the Palmer abuse showed the need for taking the knee, the response to this for me shows the need for more visibility of LGBT people in football.

Anyway, have at it SBT

the joker GIF

That first reply is so contradictory.

"I am completely for people being what they want to be."

Yeah, exactly. So if they want to have their day, let them have their day.

No-one is forcing anyone to take part.

She wouldn't have any problems if it was ladies day I take it. There have been many of those.

Northants Sky Blue

I am encouraged in general by the people on this board. There are a few tears who spout prejudice stuff but in the main people here call out others who make racist, homophonic, a list remarks. Work to be done on the use of the word ‘Mong’ which is abhorrent and often gets ignored. People on Twitter however seem to be a different type in some cases.

Years ago, slurs like `P*ki' and `Mong' were excused as "just shortened versions of longer words"

One is unacceptable these days, the other needs to be asap

shmmeee

She wouldn't have any problems if it was ladies day I take it. There have been many of those.

Cant wait for the same posts on Legends Day

rob9872

I have more of an issue that some of our ex players identify as 'legends' :(

skybluecam

Minefield. This is something that the club will never win. Wouldn’t it be weird if they celebrated gender for a game? Or skin colour? (This isn’t a complaint like those twitter replies) just think it’s closer to exclusivity.

Heard Fadz was frozen out because suddenly he identified as a northern tavern wench.
I don’t think it would be weird at all if they did something to show support and appreciation for black fans after recent events.

ajsccfc

I've got nothing against Legends Day so long as they keep it behind closed doors and don't wave it in my face or the face of the silent majority, but what about a day for your Alex Evtushoks, your Rafaele Nuzzos, your Carlitas? I'm just asking questions. All players matter.

Danceswithhorses

I mean, aren’t you basically identifying yourself as a bigot by being overly offended at something like this?
These twitter posters will claim that they are the 'silent majority', but are in fact just delusional.
They think this is all 'woke' nonsense from CCFC, but they talk from a position of blissful ignorance.
As a gay man myself, i really can't see what harm a few people with multicoloured flags can do.
These 'proud skyblue' fans just want to watch football, hopefully without hearing homophobic abuse...it's not too much to ask, is it ?
Also, I just can't fathom how such a minor new article annoys some people so much ?
There are far, far worse things in the country/world to worry or get angry about.

Last edited:

usskyblue

These twitter posters will claim that they are the 'silent majority', but are in fact just delusional.
They think this is all 'woke' nonsense from CCFC, but they talk from a position of blissful ignorance.
As a gay man myself, i really can't see what harm a few people with multicoloured flags can do.
These people just want to watch football, hopefully without hearing homophobic abuse...it's not too much to ask, is it ?
Also, I just can't fathom how such a minor new article annoys some people so much ?
There are far, far worse things in the country/world to worry or get angry about.

100% agree.

Anyone even using the word ‘woke’ sets off alarm bells..

Flash Flashing GIF

Users who are viewing this thread