Protest inside Sixfields (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Can you not see that Andrea is just taking the piss out of you all?

MichaelCCFC

banners ready.

Nice one, Andreas. Any chance of you or anyone else going tonight taking a few epetition posters/flyers (even just tape them on walls next to turnstiles). With TF and ML having signed can't see it being a problem. If you can't print off your own pm me and I can let you have some. thx

Petition poster A4  12.2.14-page-001.jpg

dongonzalos

There hasnt been a protest in Sixfields yet because there hasnt been a game since Christmas. Everything is a conspiracy for some of you isnt it?

Why is asking about what the protests are in Sixfields a conspiracy?

Was there protests at the last game?
Have there been any?
What are they?

I think it us great if there are as I have always been astounded to believe there isn't any.

It's the least those who attend should do!

skybluetony176

The thing is, some people just go to watch football and like you say they don't want to be standing and chanting through the game or turning their backs etc as they are there for the football.

Finding a way to get the message heard (seriously) that everybody isn't happy with the club being in Northampton would be good. It would need to be neutral though and only about the club not being in Coventry (not the march).

Although saying that, I doubt most care if they get respect from stayaway fans so like I said, why would people protest just to please other fans?

Some people will only protest if they think it will actually achieve something.

That's the thing about protesting. You don't know if it's working/worked until the fat lady sings ( I guess timmy will have to dress up in drag for that one).

One thing for sure though, do nothing and nothing happens. Anybody who won't protest because they think it won't change anything have missed the point.

MichaelCCFC

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by shmmeee
If we were talking about another WHY protest I'd agree, but surely you can't be stating that simply recognising that we're still not happy with all the actors in this little play is "milking it".

There should've been banners and protests from day 1 in Sixfields. If this happens today I applaud Andreas for actually doing something towards moving both sets of fans to common ground rather than the constant sniping that gets us nowhere.

No I wasn't disagreeing with a protest inside, just the WHY method (I forgot to move over the bit from the other thread where I said what would a Why achieve) which should be moved now. By milking I just meant milking the when / why from Arsenal by trying to do it at every game.

There must be a better and more effective way than a banner inside though as to get it seen it will need to go in the empty stand opposite where the cameras face. If it goes in the main stand it won't really get seen and behind the goal may do but not as much.

The hard part is finding a way which everybody can agree on which isn't pitch invasions and shouting abuse or standing with a bit of paper on your own.

--------------------

Agree re 'why'. It's served its purpose and has been the required launchpad for the epetition. So if anyone tonight wants to hold up signs/do banners I'd be suggesting things like Independent Inquiry petition - www.FixFootball.co.uk, #SignUp, No Fans=No Football etc

Higgi21

FFS,who from SISU is going to see any protest?,A) no one from SISU/Otium will even be there,B) they don't give a sh*t about football so won't read it anywhere and C) it won't affect their continual asset stripping of the club.So the way I see it,if the 1000 or so deluded people want to carry on handing their hard earned cash to these faceless asset sucking parasites then that is up to them,I for one will not go to watch my beloved CCFC anywhere other than COVENTRY.
Bring the club home now:mad:

ccfcway

doesn't matter who is winding who up here, the thread stands

There are protests inside Sixfields, the thousands of empty seats and all time record low CCFC attendances is a protest !

Last edited:

ccfcway

"home" attendances so far...

Bristol City – 2204
Preston – 2068
Colchester - 1789
Gillingham – 2046
Brentford - 2650
Sheff Utd – 2078
Leyton O – 2386
Notts C – 2693
Tranmere – 1815
Rotherham - 1961
Crewe – 1618 - LOWEST
Peterborough – 4905 - HIGHEST
Oldham – 3347
Crawley – 2128

This season- Average Home Attendance 2406

Last edited:

valiant15

This is so obvious that its a wind up.

It'll probably be an anti council banner if anything, not that it'll happen.

italiahorse

I don't agree, who is going to see it and what will it achieve?

Against Arsenal yes, it was on TV and against Arsenal.

At Sixfields where the cameras won't see it and the crowd is scattered about, would be pointless.

It will show Fisherman and his crew that although people do go to Sixfields that these people are not blindly supporting him in his plans.
I am still skeptical that this will happen but hopefully it will start and grow.

We need the Fishermen to move their thoughts to getting us back to the Ricoh and stop this nonsense.
Who knows but a protest at Sixfields may give them the excuse they need to say the fans want it so we will give it to them !!!!!! :confused:

dongonzalos

This is so obvious that its a wind up.

It'll probably be an anti council banner if anything, not that it'll happen.

To me it isn't because it is a really crap wind up if it was.

I am going to protest at Sixfields.

Can't really see the huge wind up factor myself.

If it is then it is another person who needs to pay a bit more attention to Father Ted

italiahorse

The thing is, some people just go to watch football and like you say they don't want to be standing and chanting through the game or turning their backs etc as they are there for the football.

Finding a way to get the message heard (seriously) that everybody isn't happy with the club being in Northampton would be good. It would need to be neutral though and only about the club not being in Coventry (not the march).

Although saying that, I doubt most care if they get respect from stayaway fans so like I said, why would people protest just to please other fans?

Some people will only protest if they think it will actually achieve something.

It sounds as you go to Sixfields and you are annoyed that the football may be disturbed by protesters.
Surely your not that selfish ?

Grendel

It sounds as you go to Sixfields and you are annoyed that the football may be disturbed by protesters.

Out of interest why do you always quote 90% don't go to Sixfields - how is this calculated?

AndreasB

Listen up, its not a wind up. I realise there is little press or TV coverage at Sixfields BUT the first protest of any sort there is a new development and one which I think will be taken up by any media that are there.

The banner probably wont last long will it but you gotta have a go - a night game with a potentially smaller than small attendance is not ideal but no reason to not try something.

Nick

Administrator

No, I am saying that I go to football matches to watch football. I couldn't care what other people are doing around me as that is up to them, it is just if other people like me go to football matches to watch football then they might not be up for it, so it rules people out which means numbers are less. If it is done when the game isn't being played and it is neutral, more people are likely to get involved.

It sounds as if you are trying to stir up shit that hasn't even been said, for a change.

ajsccfc

Either it's just me who can see the letter 's' in the username or people think it's a plural.

letsallsingtogether

So we are demanding, who started this tread oh yes those wankers from the hill again I suppose.
After all they cause all the trouble call people scabs and have no interest in CCFC

The only people demanding this is other fans like you. Most people know that no city fan wants to be at Sixfields, why would somebody protest just to keep you happy?

Anyway, might be worth making a Protest at Sixfields thread ;)

torchomatic

Fuck me, you're obsessed. Get over yourself.

So we are demanding, who started this tread oh yes those wankers from the hill again I suppose.
After all they cause all the trouble call people scabs and have no interest in CCFC

Nick

Administrator

Where did I say that? Is it that time again? Bit early today?

Read the thread, this sums up my point:

Sixfielders might just get some respect from the stay away fans for starters.

So that is a reason why there should be a protest, to earn respect of fellow fans? Frightening really.

I started the thread, so not sure why I would say "wankers off the hill"?

letsallsingtogether

That's it no argument as usual just use one of your friend gendels lines.

So the pitch invader was the guy that caused trouble at the first game? the handbags outside a few weeks later was also the hillers fault these are your words not mine.

letsallsingtogether

Read your own threads nick or are you going to delete it?

Read the thread, this sums up my point:

So that is a reason why there should be a protest, to earn respect of fellow fans? Frightening really.

I started the thread, so not sure why I would say "wankers off the hill"?

Nick

Administrator
That's it no argument as usual just use one of your friend gendels lines.

So the pitch invader was the guy that caused trouble at the first game? the handbags outside a few weeks later was also the hillers fault these are your words not mine.

Did you miss the bit where I said I THOUGHT it was him INVOLVED (I didnt say causing it). Did you also see the bit where I apologized as I got it wrong and was happy to say that.

You also ignored the bit if I have been to a game I make a point of saying "fair play to the people on the hill, it is so cold" or something and say how dedicated they are whether I agree with some of their views or not?

Now, what the fuck has that got to do with this thread? What do you want me to argue about? Something I got wrong about 3 weeks ago and openly said apologies I was wrong about it?

Users who are viewing this thread