Protest inside Sixfields (1 Viewer)

AndreasB

AndreasB - my support and love for the club goes back to the 1970s. there is no reason to play in Northampton its financial suicide and deliberately engineered to distress the fans, CCC/ACL into to trying to get the Ricoh complex on the cheap, SISU are unique in football club owners who deliberately reduce their support whilst others try to grow their fan base. If fans don't go on principle you need to review your stance. 1,000 home supporters in a crappy stadium in the third division and it could get worse.

Ive only been a fan for 10 years - when we have been shit.so obviously you are more qualified than me to know whats right and wrong. I have reviewed my stance, I dont like Sixfields but i will continue to proudly go and protest from the inside and will encourage others to do so.

dongonzalos

Ive only been a fan for 10 years - when we have been shit.so obviously you are more qualified than me to know whats right and wrong. I have reviewed my stance, I dont like Sixfields but i will continue to proudly go and protest from the inside and will encourage others to do so.

Are there protests inside?
Fantastic, I didn't think there was please expand on this.....

AndreasB

There hasnt been a protest in Sixfields yet because there hasnt been a game since Christmas. Everything is a conspiracy for some of you isnt it?

Monners

There hasnt been a protest in Sixfields yet because there hasnt been a game since Christmas. Everything is a conspiracy for some of you isnt it?

I am aware that there hasn't been a game since Christmas, which is why I was asking now as to how the banners were coming along. Straight forward question in response to you mentioning protesting.

ccfcway

No conspiracy, th protest will be visible, open and honest. Enough is enough, get us back to the Ricoh and stop going on about new grounds.

you do know the new ground will be announced in 3 weeks dont you ?*

* That was 5 weeks ago

Spionkop

Are the Sixfield lot going to show the WHY? placards? If you are serious about protesting inside the ground about the madness of playing in Northampton, now is the time.

Nick

Administrator
Are the Sixfield lot going to show the WHY? placards? If you are serious about protesting inside the ground about the madness of playing in Northampton, now is the time.

I don't agree, who is going to see it and what will it achieve?

Against Arsenal yes, it was on TV and against Arsenal.

At Sixfields where the cameras won't see it and the crowd is scattered about, would be pointless.

Spionkop

Who will see it? Mr Fisher and his associates. Not pointless at all. There are media inside the ground too you know. They'll pick up on it.
Honestly Nick - you do sit on the fence.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I don't agree, who is going to see it and what will it achieve?

Against Arsenal yes, it was on TV and against Arsenal.

At Sixfields where the cameras won't see it and the crowd is scattered about, would be pointless.

It would show that the people who go to Sixfields but dont want to be there that they don't want to be there,because up to now have they shown this?

Nick

Administrator
Who will see it? Mr Fisher and his associates. Not pointless at all. There are media inside the ground too you know. They'll pick up on it.
Honestly Nick - you do sit on the fence.

So what would it achieve? Nothing to do with sitting on the fence. Yes Tim Fisher might see it (depends where abouts in the ground) and what will happen then? Will he suddenly move us back?

Fair play for Andreas if they have made a banner and will show it.

Nick

Administrator
It would show that the people who go to Sixfields but dont want to be there that they don't want to be there,because up to now have they shown this?

The only people demanding this is other fans like you. Most people know that no city fan wants to be at Sixfields, why would somebody protest just to keep you happy?

Anyway, might be worth making a Protest at Sixfields thread ;)

duffer

So what would it achieve? Nothing to do with sitting on the fence. Yes Tim Fisher might see it (depends where abouts in the ground) and what will happen then? Will he suddenly move us back?

How could it hurt, Nick.

Anything that keeps up the pressure on the owners and the FL/FA, and keeps this in the public eye, has to be a good thing.

Doesn't it?

Monners

The only people demanding this is other fans like you. Most people know that no city fan wants to be at Sixfields, why would somebody protest just to keep you happy?

Nick, Andreas did state a few weeks ago that he would be prepared to display banners in the ground, as long as they were unbiased and focused on the time away from Cov (I paraphrase slightly). He may be taking the pi** of course and sitting back now enjoying himself at the discussion - fine. But the idea seemed a good one at the time and wouldn't do any harm (can't recall the thread title). This was prior to the "Why" protest at Arsenal and Notts County, which to most seemed to raise some awareness as to our situation.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What other fans do or don't do is up to them and show me where I am demanding anything. What are "fans like me" like Nick? Let me tell you Nick I've nothing to hide and I'm not ashamed of anything I've done unlike some on this site and by the way the ashamed bit has nothing to do with attendance at Sixfields

Nick

Administrator
How could it hurt, Nick.

Anything that keeps up the pressure on the owners and the FL/FA, and keeps this in the public eye, has to be a good thing.

Doesn't it?

I just think sometimes if things are milked it ruins them. The protest at Arsenal looked good and it made an impression, to try and do the same thing every week with a few fans scattered around the ground out of view of the cameras wouldn't achieve the same. I am not saying I am against protest, just that method.

It is like saying a Mexican Wave is amazing at Wembley and then trying to do it at a ground with people scattered about, it just doesn't have the same impact with that sort of protest where volume is the key.

H

Huckerby

Why the hell are some people mocking those who are trying to protest inside of sixfields? Isn't this what everyone wanted and now you are blood mocking them?

Never fucking happy

Nick

Administrator
Nick, Andreas did state a few weeks ago that he would be prepared to display banners in the ground, as long as they were unbiased and focused on the time away from Cov (I paraphrase slightly). He may be taking the pi** of course and sitting back now enjoying himself at the discussion - fine. But the idea seemed a good one at the time and wouldn't do any harm (can't recall the thread title). This was prior to the "Why" protest at Arsenal and Notts County, which to most seemed to raise some awareness as to our situation.

No I am not against any sort of protest and remember the thread, I just mean the When / Why approach.

Nick

Administrator
What other fans do or don't do is up to them and show me where I am demanding anything. What are "fans like me" like Nick? Let me tell you Nick I've nothing to hide and I'm not ashamed of anything I've done unlike some on this site and by the way the ashamed bit has nothing to do with attendance at Sixfields

By "fans like you" I only meant people who assume everybody is happy unless they hold up a bit of paper in protest. I don't think a single CCFC fan is actually happy about us physically playing there and would love for us to be in Coventry. (Unless they are on a wind up).

I don't think any fan prefers driving down the m1 over walking into Highfield Road for example in terms of the feeling you get.

duffer

I just think sometimes if things are milked it ruins them. The protest at Arsenal looked good and it made an impression, to try and do the same thing every week with a few fans scattered around the ground out of view of the cameras wouldn't achieve the same. I am not saying I am against protest, just that method.

It is like saying a Mexican Wave is amazing at Wembley and then trying to do it at a ground with people scattered about, it just doesn't have the same impact with that sort of protest.

I see your point, but I'd politely differ. Even if it's relatively low key, I still think it's good to show the owners and FL/FA at every opportunity that Sixfields isn't an acceptable solution, and that no matter how long passes we're never going to accept it.

@richh87

It has to be a good idea for those who insist on travelling to Northampton to protest inside Sixfields. So far nobody attending has shown any signs of discontent as far as we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

It is like saying a Mexican Wave is amazing at Wembley and then trying to do it at a ground with people scattered about, it just doesn't have the same impact with that sort of protest where volume is the key.

If we were talking about another WHY protest I'd agree, but surely you can't be stating that simply recognising that we're still not happy with all the actors in this little play is "milking it".

There should've been banners and protests from day 1 in Sixfields. If this happens today I applaud Andreas for actually doing something towards moving both sets of fans to common ground rather than the constant sniping that gets us nowhere.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

By "fans like you" I only meant people who assume everybody is happy unless they hold up a bit of paper in protest. I don't think a single CCFC fan is actually happy about us physically playing there and would love for us to be in Coventry. (Unless they are on a wind up).

I don't think any fan prefers driving down the m1 over walking into Highfield Road for example in terms of the feeling you get.

I know no fans are happy about the situation but seems like a few have actually accepted it any way see what happens. Must leave 5 minutes before the end tonight to be able to get CWR got to listen to Pete from Styvechale and I hope RFC is not reading this thread:eek:

Nick

Administrator
If we were talking about another WHY protest I'd agree, but surely you can't be stating that simply recognising that we're still not happy with all the actors in this little play is "milking it".

There should've been banners and protests from day 1 in Sixfields. If this happens today I applaud Andreas for actually doing something towards moving both sets of fans to common ground rather than the constant sniping that gets us nowhere.

No I wasn't disagreeing with a protest inside, just the WHY method (I forgot to move over the bit from the other thread where I said what would a Why achieve) which should be moved now. By milking I just meant milking the when / why from Arsenal by trying to do it at every game.

There must be a better and more effective way than a banner inside though as to get it seen it will need to go in the empty stand opposite where the cameras face. If it goes in the main stand it won't really get seen and behind the goal may do but not as much.

The hard part is finding a way which everybody can agree on which isn't pitch invasions and shouting abuse or standing with a bit of paper on your own.

skybluetony176

Sixfielders might just get some respect from the stay away fans for starters. I suspect if there had off been some form of protest since day one (which there should have been imo) less people would be calling them scabs, nodding donkeys etc and I dare say a few more might be willing to go if they felt that they would be making their voices heard as part of a group of people who ain't happy to be there.

Like I've said on a few occasions, it doesn't have to be while the game is on. Pre match, half time and post match are available.

Nick

Administrator
Sixfielders might just get some respect from the stay away fans for starters. I suspect if there had off been some form of protest since day one (which there should have been imo) less people would be calling them scabs, nodding donkeys etc and I dare say a few more might be willing to go if they felt that they would be making their voices heard as part of a group of people who ain't happy to be there.

Like I've said on a few occasions, it doesn't have to be while the game is on. Pre match, half time and post match are available.

The thing is, some people just go to watch football and like you say they don't want to be standing and chanting through the game or turning their backs etc as they are there for the football.

Finding a way to get the message heard (seriously) that everybody isn't happy with the club being in Northampton would be good. It would need to be neutral though and only about the club not being in Coventry (not the march).

Although saying that, I doubt most care if they get respect from stayaway fans so like I said, why would people protest just to please other fans?

Some people will only protest if they think it will actually achieve something.

Users who are viewing this thread