Protest in Coventry City Centre - Midday on Saturday 20th July (1 Viewer)

sure is 12pm at gosford green onwards to town. this has to be a well attended protest/march to send a clear message to anyone and everyone.

ill be there at some point, will anybody else?

I will be travelling 5 miles there on my "chariot" (mobility scooter) adorned with placards and pennants - hope many more attend and show solidarity and unison to keep our beloved CCFC at the Ricoh.

To all the sceptics this day of positive action WILL make a difference because of the expected high media attention and subsequent publicity towards the cause. - so get along there folks and show 'em we really care about our beloved club.

Steve.B50

I'll be there. My missus won't let me bring my 7 year old son as protests can turn nasty. Assured her that no harm would come to our son, but the lady is not for turning. So I'll be getting there via train from Marston Green.

Tell your wife its all very easy going to be very peacefull, we know there will be a lot of children present and one of the younger ball boys who was sacked has asked if he can say a few words on the stage at Broadgate

you're an idiot

Tell your wife its all very easy going to be very peacefull, we know there will be a lot of children present and one of the younger ball boys who was sacked has asked if he can say a few words on the stage at Broadgate

will there be an award ceremony to the untouchables that represented us outside Ryton training ground or SISU HQ on a school day when the rest of us didn't have a note to excuse us? Finally what seems like advanced warning on a trust event with some advanced media attention. I think you guys have actually listened to the majority. Any news on the Ricoh event on 1st match day at sixfields?

CCFCREECE

protest march on saturday!!

big protest starts at gosford green 12pm saturday 20th july!! its a protest to get your point across about sisu.. if you love your club get down there!! fuck off sisu!!!!

SkyblueBri

I shall travel to Cov for this picking up my mates on the way, this needs everyone there who can, may be our last chance to show our feelings before the season starts.

psgm1

Banned
CCFC protest march on saturday!! big protest starts at gosford green 12pm saturday 20th july!! its a protest to get your point across about sisu.. if you love your club get down there!! fuck off sisu!!!! Really? I thought the clique specifically stated this was not going to be a sisu out protest! I don't have a problem with sisu out, but spare me this is anything else than a recruitment drive for the clique! It is going to be swamped with pathetic pointlessly expensive banners to advertise themselves! They lie and they lie and they lie and call others dishonest! These scum are no better than sisu! Indeed at least sisu don't troll the internet, or pretend they represent the fans! They have betrayed the fans and the club - fucking scum

skyblueinBaku

CCFC protest march on saturday!! big protest starts at gosford green 12pm saturday 20th july!! its a protest to get your point across about sisu.. if you love your club get down there!! fuck off sisu!!!! Really? I thought the clique specifically stated this was not going to be a sisu out protest! I don't have a problem with sisu out, but spare me this is anything else than a recruitment drive for the clique! It is going to be swamped with pathetic pointlessly expensive banners to advertise themselves! They lie and they lie and they lie and call others dishonest! These scum are no better than sisu! Indeed at least sisu don't troll the internet, or pretend they represent the fans! They have betrayed the fans and the club - fucking scum
I agree with a lot of the things you say on various threads, psgm1, but not with your apparent vendetta against the trust. This post really was a low point.

SkyblueBri

I assume you do not agree with anyone but yourself, this is our chance to show our the media that we want the Sky blues to play in Coventry.
If some people want to chant SISU out or ACL out that is their choice, if you support the Sky Blues be there, solidarity brother.

johnb

It could be the biggest protest/demmo since the Richardson and Strachan out days. You know when you get that feeling where you've just got to get to a game no matter what it takes ( well I haven't got that), but it's close. I'll be there.:blue:

shmmeee

Ill be there with little one. Can't convince the wife but might see if a few of my mates fancy it. Unfortunately none of them are City fans.

Steve.B50

Ill be there with little one. Can't convince the wife but might see if a few of my mates fancy it. Unfortunately none of them are City fans.

Everyone welcome.
Its not just about Coventry City fans, this will effect the whole community.

KEEP COVENTRY CITY IN COVENTRY.

Seymour_East

Will be there in spirit girls and guys, Ukraine is just a little too far to travel from! Enough is enough, I am tired of reading about the demise of our club, idiotic personalities clashing with each other not caring about the fans, football or the club! I want to read about football!!!

PUSB!!

TurkeyTrot

We have two lady Godiva's, I took some pics yesterday, pity I haven't got a clue how to post pics on here else I'd give you a sneak preview!

theferret

Will be there with the whole family tomorrow. I'll join in with the anti-SISU stuff for sure, but I'll reserve a little of my venom for when I walk past the Council House too.

Should be some good photo ops - in Broadgate and also from the bottom of FGS as everyone walks down there. Will be disappointed if less than 2000 turn up.

Seymour_East

Came up with a little ditty for the march. lyrics to the song 'wasn't that a party' by the Irish Rovers.

We know it's sisu
and it's acl
we know it's the council
and we all care
cause our club is going to hell
we not going to sixfields
we're all staying here
singing sky blue, sky blue
sky blue army!

cloughie

I will be there,

If any of you are thinking maybe or can't be bothered, get yourself there don't live to regret missing this protest. This could be the last chance to show how we all care about our club.

We must embarrass the Football league regarding their weak and pathetic stance.

Remember it only takes one good man to do nothing for evil to succeed.

theferret

Quote from a Swindon fan on another forum:

"...only a short trip up the A429 for me , I'll be there"

If fans of other clubs are prepared to make that sort of effort, there really isn't any excuse for non-exiled City supporters.

J

Jack Griffin

Some support from Keys & Gouldie on Twitter

Michael Bates ‏@MichaelBates72 15h
@richardajkeys any chance of RT? Coventry City fans hold a rally to stop groundshare - http://bit.ly/12XL1pg #ccfc #PUSB
Retweeted by Richard Keys

Michael Bates ‏@MichaelBates72 4h
@TheGouldfather Hi Bobby any chance of RT? Coventry City fans hold a rally to stop groundshare - http://bit.ly/12XL1pg #ccfc #PUSB
Retweeted by Bobby Gould

ohitsaidwalker king power

No matter sorry quick scan of the CT on line reveal's for those similarly quizzical.

"Gosford Green – near the site of the club’s first ever pitch, and a short distance from its second home, Highfield Road – before setting off down Sky Blue Way at 12.30pm led by Lady Godiva on a white horse.

The march will then move onto Gosford Street, before heading down Jordan Well past Coventry Cathedral and finally down Bayley Lane and Pepper Lane before arriving in Broadgate."

Last edited:

LastGarrison

Some support from Keys & Gouldie on Twitter

Michael Bates ‏@MichaelBates72 15h
@richardajkeys any chance of RT? Coventry City fans hold a rally to stop groundshare - http://bit.ly/12XL1pg #ccfc #PUSB
Retweeted by Richard Keys

Michael Bates ‏@MichaelBates72 4h
@TheGouldfather Hi Bobby any chance of RT? Coventry City fans hold a rally to stop groundshare - http://bit.ly/12XL1pg #ccfc #PUSB
Retweeted by Bobby Gould

Mickey Quinn tweeted it earlier as well.

ashbyjan

Would we expect John Sillett to attend... I hope he turns out..... be a great figurehead for the front of the march....

John was asked but its his Birthday this weekend and his kids have organised some big do for him down in the New Forest. He therefore won't be attending but sends his 100% support.

Bobby Gould also asked but was already committed to something else but again gives the march 100% support

letsallsingtogether

Lets all sing Together
Play up Sky Blues
while we sing together
we will never lose
Optium or Sisu
Joy Seppalla
or any one

The way that Jimmy intended to have the song sung names changed for our opponents on the Day

skybluesben

Will allowed any banners or have the police/council said no? Will bring a SISU OUT! one long if we can! :D

Users who are viewing this thread