Protest at Wasps first game (2 Viewers)

Peter Billing

I think that whatever 'the response' it needs to be creative or effective (preferably both). I would be tempted to target the City of Culture event if it was about creating a fuss, Can you imagine how nervous the Council would be at the thought of their 'event; being swamped in Sky Blue flares, a few thousand City fans in tops, whatever in front of the press at the opening showcase event. Klaxons, whatever - I think it is creative stuff that is needed, not just a small (if well intended) group standing outside a Wasps game.

Far too many seeing Wasps as here to stay and that people should just accept it when in reality businesses fail, change priorities, run out of cash, and there is absolute nothing special about London Wasps rugby club, quite the opposite. Personally I don't see protests to the Council having much effect, they have to be seen to stand by the decision now come what may and they cannot step in as they did with ACL - it's the commercial sponsors, suppliers, and holders of ACL debt that have most influence on Wasps business day to day.

Esoterica

That’s mostly where I am too. How can two businesses not make an agreement that will so obviously benefit the finances of both when the economy is going to shit!!!!! I’ll get over it though
When they said in this statement that they are very close to a commercial agreement, I read that as they have made an agreement, that it'd be signed already if it wasn't for the indemnity clause.

I think that's exactly where we were last year too. We did what Wasps asked by signing the undertaking to cease legal action against Wasps and it seemed they were happy with that and negotiations were going well. Until they got a tap on their shoulder from the 'Third party' to say they wanted their indemnity clause adding.

That 3rd party still seem to have Wasps by the balls this year too - I'd love to know what their leverage is that can see Wasps turn down our revenue under the current economic circumstances.

shmmeee

That’s mostly where I am too. How can two businesses not make an agreement that will so obviously benefit the finances of both when the economy is going to shit!!!!! I’ll get over it though

Because claiming compensation/avoiding compensation is worth more.

skyblue1991

The more I read the statement the more I actually think its the Council (third-party) that are the blockers, not Wasps.

Sick Boy

As much as I despise the sentiment, I do have mixed sentiment still towards the club and its owners.

Shugs
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
xx.gif

Re: CCFC staying in Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:12:52 PM »

This is good news. We can now just concentrate on ourselves without the distraction of a non profit making appeasement situation. It's classic from football club owners. Release news of new stadium and days later confirm all home games will be away for the foreseeable. Placate the EFL, create hope amongst the supporters just to soften them up for treating them like rubbish again. I'll be glad when we're no longer part of this sideshow. From the football clubs side I expect a couple more years of smoke and mirrors, no stadium, young players sold for profit and a budget simply designed to fit a division, with no real care for which that is. Glad to be rid.
Coming from a club that left it’s home and moved to a different city 100 miles away, they really are deluded arseholes.

Sky Blue Harry H

Are Wasps able to say what they have offered, or does the NDA prevent/cover that? If they are so surprised, I would have thought they would be keen to cite the terms they were willing to offer, as they would hold the moral high ground.

chiefdave

Didn't we have a deadline day to confirm where we were playing or did I imagine it?
Yep, last Monday, was extended by the EFL until today.

Of course as we know from past experience if talks were close and they'd decided at any point to agree a deal the EFL would have sanctioned it, they've let us move mid season before.

ccfcway

Are Wasps able to say what they have offered, or does the NDA prevent/cover that? If they are so surprised, I would have thought they would be keen to cite the terms they were willing to offer, as they would hold the moral high ground.

ccfc havent hidden behind the nda when stating clearly where this fell down. if this isnt the case, wasps would debate the comments

ccfcway

Yep, last Monday, was extended by the EFL until today.

Of course as we know from past experience if talks were close and they'd decided at any point to agree a deal the EFL would have sanctioned it, they've let us move mid season before.

looks like they have also gone from being happy with some pics of a stadium with no agreed plot in 2013, to now a statement about a possibility of an agreed plot at some point in next few years

chiefdave

looks like they have also gone from being happy with some pics of a stadium with no agreed plot in 2013, to now a statement about a possibility of an agreed plot at some point in next few years
Don't think its really anything to do with a new stadium. More that the EFL need to know where we're playing to sort out fixtures. We all know they aren't going to kick the club out the league if we're still at St Andrews in 10 years and Fisher is showing them pictures of stadiums he's scribbled on the back of a fag packet.

ccfcway

Don't think its really anything to do with a new stadium. More that the EFL need to know where we're playing to sort out fixtures. We all know they aren't going to kick the club out the league if we're still at St Andrews in 10 years and Fisher is showing them pictures of stadiums he's scribbled on the back of a fag packet.

agreed. as long as ccfc can play games, wherever it is, thats the box ticked. pics or statements of going back home is the icing on the cake ?

Users who are viewing this thread