Promotion party (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

One of the things I remember most fondly about 1987 was coming out of the station to walk to the City Centre and being met by scenes more suited to Turin.
The ring road and roads around the city were bonkers. Cars going around with people standing out of the roof lights, flags waving horns blaring it was great, totally spontaneous and inspired by joy.
Because of the need to social distance, any celebration is going to be difficult but a cavalcade of cars decked out in scarfs and colours (mine has a head start as it is already sky blue) touring the ring road and roads in the centre that are still accessible would perhaps be a statement of joy and one which would perhaps make the council take notice of what the club means to the city. If a time could be arranged that is not going to cause a snarl up in what passes for rush hour these days (an evening or a Sunday afternoon), then it can be seen as a harmless expression of pride in our team and a celebration for a wonderful season and achievement.
In 1987 almost every car you seen had Sky Blue ribbons on its ariel.

ccfcway

A car procession is a great idea we could have thousands of cars in a convoy from the Ricoh to the council offices

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

that would be fab !!!. Drive from ST andrews to cov city centre via ricoh and block the M6 enroute due to traffic ....That would make the news

Saddlebrains

Is there anyone on here with a large social media reach? Or know of anyone in radio or at the club? Maybe CJ can push the ideas with the trust?

Only 4 days until were announced champions so think it needs pushing out there

Ring Of Steel

I’ll be in the office on Tuesday but I have brought this bad boy in for the office wall, I’ll be wearing my home shirt and I’ve warned people I’ll be a bit manic & wired all day as we wait for the vote & outcome :)

446F3F5D-47BC-4619-A9AB-3C6F90945AE9.jpeg

Ring Of Steel

Where's Waldo?

haha- that thing cost me £75 as I was overcome with emotion (and stupidity) snapping up loads of momentos up after we left HR, I've never been allowed to have it on the wall at home so this is the perfect solution. I have an 'official' chunk of concrete from HR on my desk as we speak now.

From '94 to '05 I was in the same seat in the East Stand, about 10 rows from the back - follow the angle of the seats up from the England flag behind the goal and that was my sorely missed second home. Right next to the cordoned off corporate bit they had in there.

Brighton Sky Blue

haha- that thing cost me £75 as I was overcome with emotion (and stupidity) snapping up loads of momentos up after we left HR, I've never been allowed to have it on the wall at home so this is the perfect solution. I have an 'official' chunk of concrete from HR on my desk as we speak now.

From '94 to '05 I was in the same seat in the East Stand, about 10 rows from the back - follow the angle of the seats up from the England flag behind the goal and that was my sorely missed second home. Right next to the cordoned off corporate bit they had in there.

I had a season ticket with my uncle from '01 to '05 in the North Stand, a few rows above the red ad hoarding in the second tier.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Ring Of Steel

The EFL Zone guy on twitter that's been spot on with everything says Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

So aside from voting to play on or another delay on the vote, I think I'm right in saying that there is nothing that can stop us being champions next week? I haven't seen any proposals yet that don't end up with us as promoted in top spot

Liquid Gold

So aside from voting to play on or another delay on the vote, I think I'm right in saying that there is nothing that can stop us being champions next week? I haven't seen any proposals yet that don't end up with us as promoted in top spot
Yep, all proposals apart from playing on have us as champions. Reports coming out of clubs say it will be straight PPG.

If we have to play on we'll win it anyway but I'm very confident the regular season will finish Tuesday with us as Champions.

Ring Of Steel

Yep, all proposals apart from playing on have us as champions. Reports coming out of clubs say it will be straight PPG.

If we have to play on we'll win it anyway but I'm very confident the regular season will finish Tuesday with us as Champions.

I'm like a kid on xmas eve the closer it gets- nothing has really changed the whole time but now its approaching and feeling 'real' I'm all hyped up and silly :)

Grendel

There are some mutterings now that the premier league are going to try and block promotion and relegation with the championship unless the championship complete the season

wingy

There are some mutterings now that the premier league are going to try and block promotion and relegation with the championship unless the championship complete the season
Been my fear all along that the longer it dragged on and more bizarre the divergence from the regular rules around what your actual position results in .
Then is more likely to inspire that mentality .

wingy

With what's going on outside in the wider community I wouldn't be surprised to see games being played with crowd's back watching .
Apart from schedules currently applied prohibiting getting going.
As a suggestion that can't be anymore nutty than what these mavericks have been putting forth.
Tails wagging dogs
Or maybe the health and scientific community are the nutjobs.

SkyBlueDom26

The Championship holds the key to everything happening, until they have finished the games it won't be certain that we'll be getting promoted.... just lucky that its Leeds that are top so i can't imagine the Prem blocking their promotion if they couldn't finish the games

Saddlebrains

After seeing the scenes in London last few days I'm actually fucking wound up we can't celebrate as a fan base.

I'd actually attend a mass gathering in Broadgate to celebrate. Wouldn't have said that at all last week.

Users who are viewing this thread