Pro-Thorn Hypocrites (1 Viewer)

psgm1

Banned
Does the smell of the hypocricy of all the pro-thorn people (I will not call them fans) stink.

All of those people claiming Thorn wasn't given a chance, yet after 2 games (1 of them being a win over birmingham BTW) Saying they have seen enough of Shaw - it stinks.

I am not saying Shaw is the right man - not at all infact; but what I am saying, is that the pro-thorn fools claim after over 50 league games, Thorn cannot be judged, yet Shaw CAN after 2!

Either you can be judged in just 2 games or you can't - which is it?

Certainly if a manager hasn't made a difference by 10 games - he NEVER will. But even before 10 games, the fans will notice straight away if the manager is good enough!

Bearing mind how viciously the Pro-Thorn people shouted that you cannot sack the manager - made it virtually impossible to sack him. Therefore - they have to look at themselves and they MUST take some of the blame.

Had they not made out so effectively they were the majority - Thorn would have been sacked by christmas last season - NO QUESTION.

Cov could have brought in a manager then that could at the very least not played the diamond.

The diamond cost so many games last season - and ONLY Thorn was using it.

Would Cov have stayed up - maybe - but the Diamond cost so many games last season.

Bearing in mind we conceeded the lead 16 times last season, is it inconceivable that cov could have gained 9 points from those 16 games where they were in winning positions? I suggest absolutely not! Even if we had been able to win just 3 away games more - COV WOULD HAVE STAYED UP!!!

For me the Pro-Thorn lobby have so much to answer for.

Hopefully SISU will never listen to them ever again!

dadgad

Jeeeez, what a pile of bile.
This uncertainty over who's next is just shite - Sisu must be laughing their Heads off as yet again fans find another reason to fight with each other.
Idiotic.

BackRoomRummermill

I was never a AT fan but I do respect other peoples views. Hey it is not all over for CCFC by any means ....... long way to go but no use getting frustrated and it is not the Pro AT supprters that got us relegated.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well if Thorn is sacked to be replace by Shaw then it was just a waste of time and money, lets not forget Shaw has been with the club since the end of June so he will have had some input into how the side were playing before Thorn was also sacked

The diamond is/was not the problem as you pointed out with the win vs Birmingham when we played it. I noticed the 442 worked really well vs Burton

The points dropped from winning positions were a combination of inexperience, lack of quality/being able to concentrate for 90 and a lack of options from the bench to change it

An exceptional manager could have given us a much better chance of survival but what exceptional manager was going to put his reputation on the line, inherit a poor squad with no budget to add and work for a low wage (before people say look at how many applicants we have now, I think for a manager looking to rebuild/build a career we are a more attractive proposition now than 6 months ago)

I would have had no arguments if Thorn was sacked last Christmas as the team were awful up to Christmas if I believed we could have got in someone better, however at Christmas we were in disarray, we were around 8 points away from safety, one of the worse squads in the league and had all the pissing around with Duleiu on the bench.

We then started to improve and actually looked like surviving before the end of season collapse. We could have still sacked him then but risked upsetting the little momentum we had built up with a new man coming in. If he was to be sacked last season the time to do it had passed

Again I don't think we could have had any major arguments if he had been sacked at the end of the season but the club were willing to give him a chance and build his own squad only to be sacked 3 games in was odd

I think that is what confused fans the most, the timing of it and the way it was done was poor. If they were willing to give him a chance to build his own team for the first time as manager then it was odd to sack him so early in the season

Anyway you have obviously been suckered in my SISU's manipulation to deflect blame from the real people who have so much to answer for

stupot07

Personally I blame the anti-Thorn fans for being so spineless that they only dared to air their views on this forum and the Cwr phone in, instead of protesting that Thorm should be sacked at games with banners and thorn out chants. ;)

cloughie

Does the smell of the hypocricy of all the pro-thorn people (I will not call them fans) stink.

All of those people claiming Thorn wasn't given a chance, yet after 2 games (1 of them being a win over birmingham BTW) Saying they have seen enough of Shaw - it stinks.

I am not saying Shaw is the right man - not at all infact; but what I am saying, is that the pro-thorn fools claim after over 50 league games, Thorn cannot be judged, yet Shaw CAN after 2!

Certainly if a manager hasn't made a difference by 10 games - he NEVER will. But even before 10 games, the fans will notice straight away if the manager is good enough!

Bearing mind how viciously the Pro-Thorn people shouted that you cannot sack the manager - made it virtually impossible to sack him. Therefore - they have to look at themselves and they MUST take some of the blame.

Had they not made out so effectively they were the majority - Thorn would have been sacked by christmas last season - NO QUESTION.

Cov could have brought in a manager then that could at the very least not played the diamond.

Would Cov have stayed up - maybe - but the Diamond cost so many games last season.

Bearing in mind we conceeded the lead 16 times last season, is it inconceivable that cov could have gained 9 points from those 16 games where they were in winning positions? I suggest absolutely not! Even if we had been able to win just 3 away games more - COV WOULD HAVE STAYED UP!!!

just your opinion ............................thankfully

Gaz

Oh my god !

Some people really need to drop it and move on.

torchomatic

Bloody SISU always listening to fans on forums. Tut tut.

torchomatic

georgehudson

there really is no debating point here,
we are where we are, & in the state we are, thanks to our parsimonious & myopic owners who have ignored the mantra of basic economics, 'speculate to accumulate'
i'm sure we'll hear the wisdom of TF etc., on thurs

cloughie

we are where we are, & in the state we are, thanks to our parsimonious & myopic owners who have ignored the mantra of basic economics, 'speculate to accumulate'

or even the wisdom of psgm 1

stupot07

That's true to an extent but also fans (or lack of) have had a major impact on spending.

2005/06 * * 21,169 (Ricoh) est gate receipts £9,737,740
2006/07. * * 20,342, £9,357,320
2007/08. * * 19,123. * * * £8,837,980
2008/09. * * 17,407. * *£8,007,220
2009/10. * * 17,305. * * £7,960,300
2010/11. * 16,309. * * *£7,502,140
2011/12. * * 15,118. * * * £6,954,280
2012/13 * * * 11,354. * * * £5,222,840

We lost 25% of the crowds and therefore income before Thorn was even made manager.

georgehudson

& more good points stupot07,
& if in phase one of building the arena we had actually forced through a railway station,
what phase are we at now ?
it doesn't hide the fact though that winning games puts bums on seats, & it never will,
PUSB

cloughie

your reply to me sounds like a reply to our support thread George

But yes that is all sisu are intent on financial rape . CCFC are the vehicle to the stadium thats all they see us as and thats the only reason they are still here

georgehudson

q.e.d. = quad erat demonstradum,
hope that's spelled correctly,
join persons who have US (CCFC) at heart,
i hope the 'skybluetrust' reflect this,
PUSB

psgm1

Banned
Personally I blame the anti-Thorn fans for being so spineless that they only dared to air their views on this forum and the Cwr phone in, instead of protesting that Thorm should be sacked at games with banners and thorn out chants. ;)

What you mean boycotting games - you cretinous moron! Clearly the chants DID NOT WORK you fuckwit!

The principle of this thread is fuck all to do with Thorn, and EVERYTHING to do with the hypocrites who claim you cannot sack a manager after 60 games, because he wasn't given a chance, then turn round and after 2 games say Shaw has had his chance!

Irrelevant about Thorn - he should have been sacked after 10-15 games!

That's my point and the nobless spineless cretinous hypocrites who refuse to accept realities will NEVER understand this!

BUT hey - how can you respect the opinion who think a manager with the worst record in the history of the club did a good job!

You can NEVER convince a fuckwit - as trying to tell these numbnuts proves!

Astute

What you mean boycotting games - you cretinous moron! Clearly the chants DID NOT WORK you feckwit!

The principle of this thread is feck all to do with Thorn, and EVERYTHING to do with the hypocrites who claim you cannot sack a manager after 60 games, because he wasn't given a chance, then turn round and after 2 games say Shaw has had his chance!

Irrelevant about Thorn - he should have been sacked after 10-15 games!

That's my point and the nobless spineless cretinous hypocrites who refuse to accept realities will NEVER understand this!

BUT hey - how can you respect the opinion who think a manager with the worst record in the history of the club did a good job!

You can NEVER convince a feckwit - as trying to tell these numbnuts proves!

You are right about never being able to convince a feckwit, although I have never tried to convince you on anything.

So it is good to insult people you don't know that have a different opinion to you? Or don't you either not read what is said or lack the intelligence to understand it?

dongonzalos

Very simple question who are all these pro thorn supporters who have said you can't judge thorn on 4 games but u can judge Shaw in two.

Please name them and show when otherwise, please close the door on the way back under that rock.

Astute

I don't understand how anyone can want an inexperienced manager. I have never said I want or don't want Shaw. I would prefer an experienced manager that has proved in the past that they can get a team playing good football and win games. We have the players. We now need the manager. Now is not the time to risk another untried manager. The problem I have is out of the ones mentioned so far none of them stand out of the crowd for me.

dongonzalos

IMO, given the time as long as a manager does not piss this lot off. They will get in the play offs without a doubt.
Sacking managers creates and uneasyness and pissed players off
They are a simple bread that like certainties

theprince

There are a number of non Coventry fans post on here, i suspect all were in the pro-Thorn camp.
As for wanting an experienced manager, Reid, Adams, Dowie, Coleman and Boothroyd were all experienced, 4 of that lot had won promotions and had teams in the top end of various divisions.
Our most successful manager, Jimmy Hill had no manageriel experience when he took the reins.

covcity4life

yeah it seems andy thorn is the only manager who deserves 100000000000 chances lol...shit fans

p.s im not sure shaw is the answer either.

blueflint

im not too impressed by the list of managers applying as the bookies show in the betting i wouldn't want any of them

theprince

What would these fans attitude be if a complete novice got the job, say Dion Dublin for example. All the great managers of the past started somewhere usually in the lower divisions, Brian Clough for example at Hartlepool, aged about 30. Fans have to get real as to where we are, we are in the third division towards the bottom. Might be a "big" name going back some years means fuck all at this moment in time.

Gaz

I think the point you are missing prince is most don't want an inexperienced manager not because it hasn't worked in the past,, but because it's clear this squad of players need a strong leader who has experience, as this squad is good enough to get out of this division and should be right up there challenging.
Somtimes it works with inexperience, but I think there is more chance it won't.
We are not in a position to let a novice have a go and make the mistakes that are the learning curve.

Sick Boy

At the end of the day, Thorn is not cut out of management.

It makes me laugh that people were able to gush over how good a manager he was yet criticise SISU for everything else. I would wager that he will never work in football management again. I just hope that in years to come, we don't look back at the Thorn reign as a massive, massive mistake.

Sick Boy

So where did it go wrong for Reid, Adams, Dowie, Coleman and Boothroyd then ?

All five are far better managers than Thorn will ever be.

It beggars belief that they kept bleating on about giving Thorn a chance, yet wouldn't have said the same for our previous, more talented managers.

Users who are viewing this thread