Priority is a new keeper (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

A lot of teams after goalkeepers this summer, going to be difficult to get a good one without over paying.
Should be ok there are tens of keepers out of contract one has to be a good fit at the appropriate wage level surely

Skybluedownunder

I honestly don’t understand why we’ve tied down Wilson for longer, it’s not like his contract was expiring and he’s a very very average keeper. I don’t see why we wouldn’t have just seen how he goes next season, whether that’s as a backup or whether he plays games again like he did this season and then if he makes howlers we aren’t tied in. It’s hardly like clubs are looking to take him off us. I just really don’t understand why we’ve extended his contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Wilson might not be the next Lev Yashin and will almost certainly be reserve next season but in imo is a good reserve, Robins said over a month ago goalkeeper was a priority and I’d be surprised with all those keepers due to be released he hasn’t got his iron well in the fire.

ccfc_Tom

Wayne Hennessey seems to be a FA this summer. Would be a good stop gap until an affordable younger target becomes available. Always been solid for wales.

SleepyGinger

Wayne Hennessey seems to be a FA this summer. Would be a good stop gap until an affordable younger target becomes available. Always been solid for wales.
I noticed this earlier, always thought he looked OK when ive seen him but will probably want decent wages.

NortonSkyBlue

Wilson might not be the next Lev Yashin and will almost certainly be reserve next season but in imo is a good reserve, Robins said over a month ago goalkeeper was a priority and I’d be surprised with all those keepers due to be released he hasn’t got his iron well in the fire.
For the more senior amongst us. Funny you say that: back in the day we all agreed Glazier was better than Yashin. We also thought that Gibbo offered more than Eusebio and Wolves were about to beaten heavily.
Yashin has a statue outside in the gardens of the national stadium in Moscow. I hear you ask where is the statue for Bill if he was that good?

1621832111596.png

Sick Boy

I honestly don’t understand why we’ve tied down Wilson for longer, it’s not like his contract was expiring and he’s a very very average keeper. I don’t see why we wouldn’t have just seen how he goes next season, whether that’s as a backup or whether he plays games again like he did this season and then if he makes howlers we aren’t tied in. It’s hardly like clubs are looking to take him off us. I just really don’t understand why we’ve extended his contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The number of games played may have triggered an extension.

D

Deleted member 2477

Forgive me if Ive missed it but has it been confirmed that Marosi has been put on the transfer list by the club or was that just a fake acount

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I believe we made enquiries about Grant in January. I'd have been happy with that as a short term fix then but at 38 years old & only played 4 games in 4 years he's not one I'd be looking at to be first choice now.

Not sure on the clamour for Ruddy either tbh. Is it just because he's a big name? His performances absolutely fell off a cliff a few years back with a string of horrendous errors. I'd have real concerns over him too.
He isn’t Joe hart so should be ok

shmmeee

EFL Stats on Twitter doing a thread on goalkeepers. This chart stood out:

BA6217EF-2D74-403E-BC2D-54B6ED1C6157.jpeg

Marosi actually slightly outperforming his xGA, but got absolutely battered. Wilson faced far less danger.

Frostie

Love your evidenced based balanced nonsense against my emotional prejudiced views. I know who I believe

There was a similar one before too, it's 2-3 months out of date now but look at the Shot Difficulty Maroši used to face!
That early part of the season was brutal defensively.

20210423_000357.jpg

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

EFL Stats on Twitter doing a thread on goalkeepers. This chart stood out:

View attachment 20230

Marosi actually slightly outperforming his xGA, but got absolutely battered. Wilson faced far less danger.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong but isn't performing better above the line, with the best being in the top left? High xGA and a low GA.

From that chart Marosi xGA is about 1.77 and his GA is about 1.85.

Users who are viewing this thread