Prince Phillip (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Terrible role modelling by the police. Would like to see the police give tickets out and make an example of him. Also looks like insurance details weren’t exchanged and no apology made. Very strange

Sick Boy

Terrible role modelling by the police. Would like to see the police give tickets out and make an example of him. Also looks like insurance details weren’t exchanged and no apology made. Very strange

Shocking, can’t believe he’s out driving again and without a seatbelt but has only ‘been spoken to’.

eastwoodsdustman

They won’t have insurance. The crown will be self insured and should pick up any claims.

Sick Boy

He should get a careless driving conviction if he’s pulled out in the other car. I know I would get one if I’d have pulled out on someone and they’d broke their wrist as a result. I think he might just hand in his licence to avoid the publicity.

That sounds like the last thing he’d want to do.

eastwoodsdustman

The woman who broke her arm is now all over the media saying she didn't even receive a card and bunch of flowers from the royals.

It's a shame celebrity big brother has finished else she would be a favourite to go in
I trust they’ll be a picture of her with a vert sad face on to go with the story.

Nick

Administrator
I trust they’ll be a picture of her with a vert sad face on to go with the story.

Standard

0_PAY-BANNER-Prince-Philip_5595JPG.jpg

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Shocking, can’t believe he’s out driving again and without a seatbelt but has only ‘been spoken to’.

Wasn't the picture taken on the Sandringham estate, not a public road?

I also don't like the idea that he automatically shouldn't be driving just because he's 97. He, and everybody else, should be made to pass a test to prove their ability above a certain age, say 70, but to just say you can't drive because you're that age isn't fair. I'd expect 99.99% of people that age to fail dismally, and he may well prove to be one of them, but competence should be the deciding factor, not age.

Sick Boy

Wasn't the picture taken on the Sandringham estate, not a public road?

I also don't like the idea that he automatically shouldn't be driving just because he's 97. He, and everybody else, should be made to pass a test to prove their ability above a certain age, say 70, but to just say you can't drive because you're that age isn't fair. I'd expect 99.99% of people that age to fail dismally, and he may well prove to be one of them, but competence should be the deciding factor, not age.

I don’t think I said he automatically shouldn’t driving due to his age, did I?

Sbarcher

Reading around it, I find it slightly insulting that there have been 6 fatalities on that stretch in the last 6 years (I think) but as soon as the old fella is involved in a crash that’s when they decide the speed limit should be reduced. What kind of message does it send out to the families of those who have lost their lives on that road in the past?
I know the person responsible for speed limits in Norfolk police. The decision to reduce the speed limit was taken some months ago and was ready to implement. Purely a coincidence.

Captain Dart

I know the person responsible for speed limits in Norfolk police. The decision to reduce the speed limit was taken some months ago and was ready to implement. Purely a coincidence.
Was the original decision in relation to old duffers pulling out unexpectantly onto the main road causing drivers to brake?

torchomatic

The problem is Philip has been angry his whole life as he was basically just there to father heirs to the throne and walk at a respectful distance behind his wife. He's a twat.

Users who are viewing this thread