Prince Phillip (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Why on earth is this stupid arrogant fool still driving on public roads? Why are people more concerned for the old Greek than the 2 unfortunates he drove into to?

Otis

They make you laugh.

BBC correspondent:

'Out on the roads, possibly he's not quite as sharp as he once was.'

NSS.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
On itv, people have put their best suit on to go on TV to tell people they saw a car overturned at the side of the road!

Why would you? Looking for attention

Captain Dart

Has he been found to be at fault?
Well if he was pulling out of the side road of course he was. The only possibility he is not in the wrong is if the other car was travelling at an extrordinary speed and the sight line was restricted, but I think the road is pretty straight and the people in the other were 2 women with a baby so highly unlikely they were doing a ton. In my view it would be best he is banned for 3 years and then perhaps he would never be able to endanger others on a public road.

torchomatic

A bit controversial maybe but when they said there was breaking news about PP I was hoping he had died. Long life, draining public purse.

Shouldn't be driving at 97.

Reactions: vow

SBAndy

Reading around it, I find it slightly insulting that there have been 6 fatalities on that stretch in the last 6 years (I think) but as soon as the old fella is involved in a crash that’s when they decide the speed limit should be reduced. What kind of message does it send out to the families of those who have lost their lives on that road in the past?

Terry Gibson's perm

A bit controversial maybe but when they said there was breaking news about PP I was hoping he had died. Long life, draining public purse.

I think I have him in my death list and have for a couple of years so he should do the decent thing really

CCFCSteve

Not sure about draining public purse. Yes, he's had an extremely privileged life but I bet he has put in more hours in recent years than every (or almost every) 90+ year old in the country. I'm not a massive fan of the wider royal family but the Queen and Prince Philips work ethic is and has been phenomenal at their age and they'll be a sad loss to the country when they are gone. They also more than cover their costs for what the bring in (some of it obviously subjective but I can guarantee that a lot of US and Chinese visitors would have the royals high up on their list for/when visiting

Brand Finance - Valued at £67 Billion, the Monarchy is Britain’s Greatest Treasure

ps One thing we do agree on, no 97 year old should be on the roads !!!

Nick

Administrator
Not sure about draining public purse. Yes, he's had an extremely privileged life but I bet he has put in more hours in recent years than every (or almost every) 90+ year old in the country. I'm not a massive fan of the wider royal family but the Queen and Prince Philips work ethic is and has been phenomenal at their age and they'll be a sad loss to the country when they are gone. They also more than cover their costs for what the bring in (some of it obviously subjective but I can guarantee that a lot of US and Chinese visitors would have the royals high up on their list for/when visiting

Brand Finance - Valued at £67 Billion, the Monarchy is Britain’s Greatest Treasure

They have hardly had a life of 12 hour shifts / 6 days a week though have they?

Terry Gibson's perm

I think we have more of an issue of cost with the young group if work dodgers like the ever idle William and Kate

torchomatic

Ah yes, I expect shaking hands for 70 years and being rude to foreigners could be described as a "work ethic". Not sure how the worldwide first class travel, luxury cars/homes, etc comes into that however.

clint van damme

but I can guarantee that a lot of US and Chinese visitors would have the royals high up on their list for/when visiting

that doesn't mean they wouldn't come if we ever had a royal family. I personally have no time for the royal family but I'm not really anti them, I couldn't care if we have them or not but when I hear forelock tugging, cap doffing working class fuck wits estolling their virtues I find it embarrassing to be honest.
The line of succession spreads all the way through Europe, they're not a British institution, they're an aristocratic institution and preserving their privilege for them and their ilk is their sole purpose. .
I'm an atheist now but I was raised a catholic and I have the same disdain for people who worship the pope, (sorry mum), another position whose purpose is to maintain wealth and privilege for his cronies.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How many of these visitors actually SEE a royal? They, like the British tourists, stand outside the gates of Buckingham palace or whatever and take pictures of the building. I'd visit the White House if I were to go to Washington - doesn't mean I'd do it because the President lives there.

As has been said elsewhere the health of the Queen and Prince Phillip for their age does seem remarkable but they've hardly been worked to death, had staff to look after their children, do all their paperwork and chores and never had to even think about financial matters - it's just there. Plus access to the best healthcare without having to wait at all, plus experts on food and nutrition etc.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think we have more of an issue of cost with the young group if work dodgers like the ever idle William and Kate

I agree but I think you could've possibly chosen a better example like Andrew's feckless wonders. William has at least spent some time doing things like air ambulance, albeit for a ridiculously small amount of time compared to the average pilot and will have found it far easier to get enrolled than the average Joe.

Captain Dart

Nail on head gal

Sick Boy

It’s shocking that they’ve taken action on the road after that old leech managed to cause a crash and injuries to others.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

They have hardly had a life of 12 hour shifts / 6 days a week though have they?

It’s hilarious that so many people repeat the drivel about their work ethic, get some perspective ffs. There’s millions and millions of others who should be commended first, these lot have lived a life of luxury.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s hilarious that so many people repeat the drivel about their work ethic, get some perspective ffs. There’s millions and millions of others who should be commended first, these lot have lived a life of luxury.

Shaking people’s hand isn’t working

Terry Gibson's perm

I agree but I think you could've possibly chosen a better example like Andrew's feckless wonders. William has at least spent some time doing things like air ambulance, albeit for a ridiculously small amount of time compared to the average pilot and will have found it far easier to get enrolled than the average Joe.

I had forgotten about that man that brings in a lot of trade to the uk with his golf so I mean hard work

eastwoodsdustman

He should get a careless driving conviction if he’s pulled out in the other car. I know I would get one if I’d have pulled out on someone and they’d broke their wrist as a result. I think he might just hand in his licence to avoid the publicity.

Grendel

He should get a careless driving conviction if he’s pulled out in the other car. I know I would get one if I’d have pulled out on someone and they’d broke their wrist as a result. I think he might just hand in his licence to avoid the publicity.

He’s already got a new car

Gazolba

Just took delivery of a brand new Land Rover exactly the same as the one he crashed.
I guess he figures if he survived in that, he should get another one.
A good advertising slogan for Land Rover would be "Even the Duke couldn't kill himself in our car".

Users who are viewing this thread