Price reduction : Guess the crowd for Crewe (3 Viewers)

ccfcway

You are probably right. Also, I've offered my season ticket out every game except the 3 I've been to this season with no takers.

thats the sad thing and also that the reality.

Making tickets £10 isnt going to fill the arena, creating a need or want is going to fill it. 28,000 wont need or want to watch CCFC v Crewe this season.

Lets hope its different next year !

letsallsingtogether

Not if they were principalled and refused to give money to a grubby hedge fund who'd trouser it they wouldn't.

Grendel you really do come out with drivel.

How many of our fans are in the NOPM camp I know only one who will not go while sisu are here.

Taking us to Northampton is what has killed this club, and unfortunately poor football in a poor league has stopped them coming back.

But then again it is only CCFC fans that are shit in your eyes.
If you hate them so much why don't you support someon else.

Come on what percentage of our fan base are in the NOPM Camp

letsallsingtogether

Making tickets £10 isnt going to fill the arena, creating a need or want is going to fill it. 28,000 wont need or want to watch CCFC v Crewe this season.

What like Wasps playing Leicester......:whistle:

Qwerty70

15.5k.
Price reduction and a last game meaning something will bring some back and bring some newbies up.
Are we running a £1 guess the gate sweepstake ?

rupert_bear

Said this before support is earned, can anybody really say our home performances has earned extra support. Bristol City for example I am certain will be attracting lot bigger attendances this season than last because they have earned it.
I have been to about 75% of home games this season and the only one I remember is the second half v Peterborough and the first half was arguably one our worst performance this season.
What have our owners done in the last few seasons, especially this to get supporters back ? Nothing other than sacking a joke manager, maybe too late and bringing in a decent replacement who may not stay. Just walking around that joke of a City shop miles from the ground is enough to tell stay away fans to keep away, they should house in a corner of Primark with all the other tat.

Jackoskyblue

This a chance for us fans to show Tony Mowbray what we can do and convince him to stay. If 10,000 turn up at £10 a ticket won't he be thinking well if a decent run recently and cheap tickets can't get them back I certainly can't.
Most people are talking about waggott and fisher needing to prove themselves to TM but I think we need to as well and this is our chance

pusbccfc

My guess would be something like 13-14K City fans plus Crewe fans.

Higher if we beat Bristol City.

I think it might be higher if we don't beat them. The Crewe game will have more importance.

hutch1972

I think it might be higher if we don't beat them. The Crewe game will have more importance.
History points to bigger crowds for the likes of the Crewe game, lose and possible curtains or win to secure safety.
If it turns out to be the one to save us and it is marketed right 20k+ is achievable.
Should we beat Bristol on sat though :whistle: i fear the same 8-9k.

ccfc1234

Very marketing speak - in reality no one "needs" to watch football its all about the "want". My issue is we have many fans who if it happened would want more than anything to be watching city in the Prem and would be like a child waiting for Christmas in the 3 mile long Que round the ticket office. We have too many fans however who right now seem consumed by apathy, understandable but does the team no favors.

Hope the atmosphere is the same a Tuesday.

Gazolba

Just ask yourself, why have people not been going? Because of the price? Some maybe, but not most. Because the football is cr@p, that's why. Or because they found better things to do during the Northampton exodus. We know this because lots of season ticket holders who have already paid for their seat, and who it would not cost them anything to go, ARE NOT GOING. So the crowd will not suddenly expand with a reduction in price. It will just be a marginal increase over the last home game plus whatever Crewe fans make the trip.

Last edited:

johnwillomagic

Most armchair fans missed the more important game against Colchester which both battled and really disappointed me given kids
for a quid etc.......given this game far less important but Crewe may bring a few more a very disappointing 9,500.

CCFCKirky

Just ask yourself, why have people not been going? Because of the price? Some maybe, but not most. Because the football is cr@p, that's why. Or because they found better things to do during the Northampton exodus. We know this because lots of season ticket holders who have already paid for their seat, and who it would not cost them anything to go, ARE NOT GOING. So the crowd will not suddenly expand with a reduction in price. It will just be a marginal increase over the last home game plus whatever Crewe fans make the trip.

The problem is, is that every time we get a huge crowd or run a promotion like at gillingham, Bradford or Retro day the team plays awful and that's what keeps them from buying a ticket week in week out, they think that we are going to be like that every game and they miss the decent ones like The oldham game, if we started playing well during these "special occasion" games then I think the attendances will slowly start to creep up, not by much but they are still getting more people through the gates

pusbccfc

Why should the crowd be lower because we got a good result and are probably now safe?

Nothing to play for. Had we lost today and there was quite a bit hanging on that game, people would come out and support the team.

Our supporters barely like coming out for the big games (like Oldham last week) so they aren't going to come out for an almost nothing game.

Would love there to be 15,000 there, but I know how disappointing our fairweather fans can be, despite the prices.

BLAKESCREWE

Massive game yet again for us as regards to our survival in Lg 1, should be a thousand Crewe going with the ticket price reduction and as we seem to have the jinx on you another Crewe win although some of us aren't that optimistic as we are playing pretty average recently but unbeaten in the last three, 3 pts needed though on Sat.

fernandopartridge

I wouldn't say we've got nothing to play for. We're not mathematically safe by any stretch so I think Saturday is really still a must win. We do not really want to go into the last day needing anything.

Otis

I wouldn't say we've got nothing to play for. We're not mathematically safe by any stretch so I think Saturday is really still a must win. We do not really want to go into the last day needing anything.

We are safe, but not mathematically, so we do very much still have something to play for.

freddiemong

i would love to see a few more there but the clubs marketing team are crap, they havent a clue on how to push sales they just put a deal out there and thats all they do,they should all be sacked and bring in a new fresh team for next season

standupforcity

Nothing to play for. Had we lost today and there was quite a bit hanging on that game, people would come out and support the team.

Our supporters barely like coming out for the big games (like Oldham last week) so they aren't going to come out for an almost nothing game.

Would love there to be 15,000 there, but I know how disappointing our fairweather fans can be, despite the prices.

Support v Oldham was the best for years, great atmosphere, terrific game...and I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking about vocal support right round the arena. Glad I was there. More vof that on Sat would be great...can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread