Price reduction : Guess the crowd for Crewe (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's a long way off but I thought I'd get this going before the queues appear at the club shop and we all get too excited about a full house.

So I'm going with a cautious 15, 220

...miles out, I hear you cry.

MichaelCCFC

Price is important but is just one element in why we have low crowds. Criticising people for not going is one response - reaching out to supporters to understand why they no longer go and what it would take for them to return might prove more productive. But the answers may not make for pleasant reading!

fernandopartridge

Price is important but is just one element in why we have low crowds. Criticising people for not going is one response - reaching out to supporters to understand why they no longer go and what it would take for them to return might prove more productive. But the answers may not make for pleasant reading!

It's really simple. They don't go because it's very easy to miss games when the team is struggling in league 1.

Grendel

The answers simple. Get through to the third round of the cup and fix it so we are home to Man U - they'll all be there for that one.

SlowerThanPlatt

The answers simple. Get through to the third round of the cup and fix it so we are home to Man U - they'll all be there for that one.

Isn't that the same for every club? I'm certain every league club, probably even non league clubs would sell out for United at home.

Grendel

Isn't that the same for every club? I'm certain every league club, probably even non league clubs would sell out for United at home.

Not if they were principalled and refused to give money to a grubby hedge fund who'd trouser it they wouldn't.

ccfcmad1

We all know we have a lot of bandwagon fans if the PR is right and the deal gets coverage I expect a good turnout

Macca

Not if they were principalled and refused to give money to a grubby hedge fund who'd trouser it they wouldn't.

The people that turn up for these games aren't really city fans merely interested bystanders so it's not a great test

pusbccfc

What it should be 28,000.

What it will be 16,000.

MichaelCCFC

Even without Man U, in recent times Crewe JPT and Gillingham show we can get big crowds but isn't that different to getting decent attendances week in week, especially thinking ahead to next season?

Hobo

It's really simple. They don't go because it's very easy to miss games when the team is struggling in league 1.

Pthat is a large part, but many are still totally pissed off with the SISU stratergy or lack of it and their bullshit.

Sky Blue Harry H

On behalf of RFC..."let's fill the ground and cheer the lads on....PUSB!"

On my behalf ....10,764, most tearing what little hair they have left, out ;)

italiahorse

Or start winning games, push for promotion and the fans will start to return.
Like yourself, some fans need more motivation to attend all home matches.

egastap

Given the reduction in price for the game, I'm gonna be bold and say between 14 and 15,000. If I'm wrong, a cheque for $100 to the SISU Capital Fund......for players for next year!

EDIT: I made a lot of money with that phraseology back in my old days at the Dunlop in Foleshill. Of course, if you read it concisely, anywhere from 14 to 15,000 would win me my bet! (not 14,000 to 15,000) lol I guess you've gotta be old to appreciate my old fart humour.

Last edited:

chinamans view

I don't think it will make a lot of difference, people have lost interest this season, maybe because of Northampton or the poor attacking style of SP. 11k for me.

ccfcway

Because it's the same pricing as the Gillingham game, but is likely to mean a lot more if we lose Saturday.

Love the sentiment, but dont agree.

In the main ,people didnt go to Gillingham game due to it being £10 (i cant even remember it being that price). People went to support the fact that CCFC was back in Coventry.

Since then (in SW words "a season where we expect to be competing") we find ourselves towards the bottom of yet another league, with a woeful home record, and is it 3 goals in 5 games ?

I will be there, but not because of the price. I completely understand why i will be alongside 12k or so, as opposed to 28k

Who else gets 28,000 for a league game in League One ? I can only think of Sheff Utd, and they have had a taste of success in the last 10 years we could only dream of.

hill83

Correct, for me at least. I've said this a few times, I'm willing to take it on the chin. This is why I don't go. Pity more people can't be honest.

ccfcway

Correct, for me at least. I've said this a few times, I'm willing to take it on the chin. This is why I don't go. Pity more people can't be honest.

hill, people are honest, they arent turning up and they arent posting on here.

Its why even if it was free, we still wouldnt get a full house.

hill83

hill, people are honest, they arent turning up and they arent posting on here.

Its why even if it was free, we still wouldnt get a full house.

You are probably right. Also, I've offered my season ticket out every game except the 3 I've been to this season with no takers.

Users who are viewing this thread