Match Thread Preston North End FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th Nov (3 Viewers)

hill83

Liam Kelly is only 33. Everyone goes on like he’s 60. And to be fair I thought he was older than he is.

SBT

The club captain playing in nearly a quarter of games a season says it all.
I think the whole reason there is a club captain/team captain separation is to acknowledge that a senior player like Kelly has a leadership role to play even though he’s not likely to feature in most games.

Evo1883

2800 is a very disappointing following imo.

This is the first chance we've had to take a serious number of fans to an away match since Blackburn over 2 years ago. There's a lot of Cov fans desperate to claim we have massive away support and sell out everywhere but we have even sold half an end. The likes of Leicester, Sunderland, Wednesday etc will sell the end out.

Good opportunity for people moaning to get points too...
2800 plus is a tremendous effort and above our season average so far

Hertsccfc

I think the whole reason there is a club captain/team captain separation is to acknowledge that a senior player like Kelly has a leadership role to play even though he’s not likely to feature in most games.
Kelly is the least of our problems. He seems to be a positive influence, was the best player in some of the matches he played this season and is not in the squad to be a regular starter anyway. Our central midfield of Sheaf, Eccles and Kelly is fine. No it's not as good as when Hamer was here but it has been the strongest area of the team so far.

Our problems are a defence that is constantly changing and individually not as strong as last season; wing backs and attacking midfielders who aren't creating enough and strikers who aren't scoring or holding onto the ball.

Otis

I like that MR's last couple of post-match insights can be distilled down to...

"FORWARD!" and "SHOOT!"

Maybe the people that shout that sh*t at games have a Hotline to the dugout.

Everyone remember this? With Paul Ince's touchline tactical notepad .

Screenshot_2023-11-03-13-24-11-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Chris1987

I'm actually quite optimistic about tomorrow ( waits for the shower of abuse ) . If we could just covert some of our chances games would pan out differently. MR has spoken about moving the ball more quickly . All of us travelling tomorrow should just make one hell of a noise and get behind the team as we have been. PUSB

Otis

I'm actually quite optimistic about tomorrow ( waits for the shower of abuse ) . If we could just covert some of our chances games would pan out differently. MR has spoken about moving the ball more quickly . All of us travelling tomorrow should just make one hell of a noise and get behind the team as we have been. PUSB
I agree. I am optimistic too and all these heavy defeat predictions, I do find very helpful. The more the underdog we are, the more I think we will do okay.

I think we may just surprise everyone tomorrow. We have hit the bar more than any other club in the division and missed lots of very good chances.

Some of those have to go in at some point. Why not tomorrow and sometimes being the underdog can help motivate a team.

We could easily have got points out of the last three games.

I am quietly confident, but please do keep predicting 3 and 4 nil defeats etc.

👍

mmttww

Depends if the crack head day trippers are around
devo dead bird GIF by David Firth

Users who are viewing this thread