Preston Haskell at the Council yesterday ? (1 Viewer)

CarpyCov84

Just seen this from Coventry City's Facebook status update...

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Looking for a council house to live in? Maybe he's skint?

sky blue john

The scenario i am seeing to be unfolding now !!!
The council approve Haskell and don't mind selling the Ricoh or part of in some capacity.
But Sisu are looking to sell ccfc to Byng !!!

AFCCOVENTRY

@NSinclaireMEP: So Preston Haskell IV was at the Council yesterday, while the Council/ACL refused a meeting with decision makers at #CCFC #PUSB

torchomatic

She's got a point. Like it or not ACL have to talk to the people who run the club and who can bring it back.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

WillieStanley

She's got a point. Like it or not ACL have to talk to the people who run the club and who can bring it back.

This is it, though. It seems the Council are offering all their negotiations to the wrong people - refusing to acknowledge Fisher and Holdings at all. That way they can say "We offered this and that but it didn't happen" "We care" strap line.

Meanwhile I haven't a clue what Fisher and Holdings are doing to even get close to talking the deal out.

I've gone from numb to outrage.

olderskyblue

So, who offered a meeting then? and was Joy there? as she is the one and only decision maker from CCFC side. I do hope this wasn't the Ian Calvert meeting offer she's referring to....

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Can I ask was Joy Seppala at the meeting with Ms Sinclaire because unless she was the reality is no CCFC decision maker was at that meeting

Perhaps the reason ACL/Council were not there was they saw no merit in the format etc arranged at very short notice or even that meetings had been arranged on other matters for that day or other meetings were more important or even that perhaps there were meetings arranged with Haskell - who knows. Am fed up with all the posturing on both sides. I suspect it was thought ACL/council would not attend from the start and this is just more steps in PR by one party or another

Surely as a very interested party Haskell should have had an invite to the "stakeholders" meeting she went to - he has at least just as much interest in being there as say Byng, Haskell did actually manage to bid after all

We have enough problems without people scoring political tit for tat points

Last edited:

sky_blue_up_north

At some point ALL the parties have to come together and talk, they may hate each, but talking is only way this will ever get resolved.

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting that Haskell was in town and joe Elliott was there as well.

Will acl to a deal with Haskell and take it from there.

Although i can't see Sisu being happy with this as they want at least part ownership of the Ricoh if not all of it.

Can't see where this is going.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
At some point ALL the parties have to come together and talk, they may hate each, but talking is only way this will ever get resolved.

agreed but it should be the parties with the power to make the decisions....... including a former player, a MEP, a CT reporter, radio reporters, a tv reporter, a twitter publist etc is not adding to the solution it will just cloud things even further. Those peripheral characters are not decision makers they are just noise imo

Sub

agreed but it should be the parties with the power to make the decisions....... including a former player, a MEP, a CT reporter, radio reporters, a tv reporter, a twitter publist etc is not adding to the solution it will just cloud things even further. Those peripheral characters are not decision makers they are just noise imo

don't forget they need the fan of the week there aswell !!:D

Sisued

Maybe joy went to the states to talk to Haskell and now he's in town to ensure he can get the ground as well before buying. It's a long shot but you never know

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Never seem to see Joy and PH4 together?? Hmmmmmmmm........ :thinking about:

Bit of a drag..... :D

quinn1971

Thats if they want to bring it back.?.They're more interested in looking after the ricoh than who actually plays there

SkyblueBazza

@NSinclaireMEP: So Preston Haskell IV was at the Council yesterday, while the Council/ACL refused a meeting with decision makers at #CCFC #PUSB

That's not strictly true. Maybe the meetings clashed & PH4 had already been scheduled in? Maybe they feel the Anne Lucas/Joy Seppala mtg was (/will be?) enough? Maybe the CCFC decision-makers have declined mtgs already & the Council feel the next step is not theirs in that particular relationship? Who knows...I just think that there are many cooks involved all with good intent...I simply hope that between them they can cook-up a real banquet rather than spoil the broth! Putting comments like that on twitter are potentially as divisive as those on this forum about "real fans" & "SISU-lovers".

Sisued

Maybe ACL have offered 150k a year and dont have much else to say to the previous tennant who refused to pay their bills, took them to court and told them outright that they werent prepared to negotiate over price etc etc etc.
SISU burnt all the bridges ACL owe them nothing

Houdi

Well if this news is true then I see this a positive. Firstly it would suggest that at least 1 other possible bidder is still interested. If Haskell was to buy a half share in ACL, it would be the start of ownership change that supporters have been calling for. It would presumably finally convince SISU that any hope of financially distressing ACL was over.
SISU would then be faced with a stark choice, either agree an acceptable return to the Ricoh, or carry on with the franchised club and then being forced to seriously commit to a new ground idea. Of course the other option would be sell up and leave.:D If Fisher were to carry on with his 5/6/7 year franchise plan, then I'm certain the clamour for a new Coventry based football team in Coventry would grow louder and louder. I remain optimistic that 1 way or other there will be a team representing this City, in the not too distance future.

Users who are viewing this thread