Preston fan in peace (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I’ll just pick this out as it seems like the main point of you argument. And I’ll caveat it with I’m not in any way actually comparing Bayliss to the player I’m going to mention. But look at these stats for league games.

2013/14
35 games, 6 assists
2014/15
24 games, 1 assist
2015/16
28 games, 2 assists
2016/17
23 games, 3 assists

Any idea who it is? He must be shite. His goal record is worse by the way.

Charles 'Charlie' Charles?

Sky Blue Harry H

I’ll just pick this out as it seems like the main point of your argument. And I’ll caveat it with I’m not in any way actually comparing Bayliss to the player I’m going to mention. But look at these stats for league games.

2013/14
35 games, 6 assists
2014/15
24 games, 1 assist
2015/16
28 games, 2 assists
2016/17
23 games, 3 assists

Any idea who it is? He must be shite. His goal record is worse by the way.

Lee Burge ?

ccfc1234

You will be happy with your purchase. He travels with the ball at feet like not many in the game can. Hope Tom and yourselves have a great season.

I note some are comparing him to Maddison but they are different types of player, but I am sure you will see why they are as he was the last big academy product to be sold before today.

Evo1883

Liam Kelly 5 assists and 1 goal in 63 league games for us. Shocking player.

*I don't really believe that as I can see the contribution players give despite what their 'stats' say.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liam Kelly, the lad who sits by the back 4 every game, aye
Id say Kelly is better at his job than bayliss is at his own on the pitch

Evo1883

Liam Kelly 5 assists and 1 goal in 63 league games for us. Shocking player.

*I don't really believe that as I can see the contribution players give despite what their 'stats' say.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ok so you can agree that bayliss does well to take a man on, but after that... What does he excel at?

Evo1883

INIESTA

Known shite player

7 league goals in that time too.

SHIIIIIIITE

Ahhh, iniesta, the man who creates space for his teammates with his passing alone, can ping a ball to feet all over the pitch.. Has a godly touch and can take 3 players out the game with a single pass....

You see what I've done is given examples of the problems bayliss has in his game, I've said he doesn't create enough, found himself dispossessed far too often, was sloppy on the ball more than he should have been, doesn't shoot enough for a player who surges forward and gets within 30 yards of goal, stats have always been a part of my argument, that remains the same

BTW iniesta had 140 assists alone at barcelona

Not the finest comparison by any stretch

hill83

It’s a great comparison for a similar amount of games to show that stats don’t mean everything.

The only stat I look at as a hugely important one is goals scored for a forward.

Evo1883

It’s a great comparison for a similar amount of games to show that stats don’t mean everything.

The only stat I look at as a hugely important one is goals scored for a forward.

Well if you are comparing iniesta then he got an assist every 5 games, and bayliss 1 in 10.
That's even with his slow down as he reached over 30 years of age and became a bit part player
Added to the fact he was playing against the worlds best

Id imagine iniesta himself creates far more too

I think the problem here is some people haven't taken too well to a different opinion on Tom bayliss, they just want us to say he's great and move on... That's exactly what he isn't though

Do I wish him well.. Absolutely

hill83

As I said I’m not really comparing the players at all. Just that if you went off stats there’s no way you’d think a player like Iniesta would have those sorts of numbers.

Evo1883

Going off that, Cyril Regis was shit for city

Evo1883

As I said I’m not really comparing the players at all. Just that if you went off stats there’s no way you’d think a player like Iniesta would have those sorts of numbers.

Where did you get them from BTW

Evo1883

I’m telling my dad

LOL

BTW not nit picking but I've looked at the stats and iniesta played an average of Around 50 mins a match over the course of his last 3/4 seasons

It's not a fair comparison imo

Evo1883

Here's an example
James Maddison got around 7 assists last season at Leicester
But he created the most chances in the Premier league

That lads got it

He created over 100 chances last season at Leicester

AFCCOVENTRY

Good player for us in L2 but not so great in L1. The season passed him by last year to some extent. He has great potential and will end up being a solid championship player in time. He doesn’t have the same potential as Maddison. Many a big premiership club and top end championship have looked at him but aren’t taking the risk.

Evo1883

Good player for us in L2 but not so great in L1. The season passed him by last year to some extent. He has great potential and will end up being a solid championship player in time. He doesn’t have the same potential as Maddison. Many a big premiership club and top end championship have looked at him but aren’t taking the risk.

Basically To cut my long story short

Evo1883

I don’t even necessarily disagree with you. You just can’t use assist stats as reasoning in my opinion.

And I clearly didn't just use his assists to be fair, written out quite a few decent sized posts giving reasons

Sky_Blue_Ste

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me hopping onto your board - if so, feel free to delete - just looking to garner opinion on Bayliss following us signing him earlier today.. I see twitter is pretty fiery over him with some drawing comparisons between him and Maddison so thought i'd jump on here and see what you thought.

Best of luck for the season ahead

Will be a great player. Needed to move higher to aid his development & needed to play with better players who are on his wavelength.

He’s a box to box player, who has the ability to break through the lines & drive the team up the pitch. Don’t expect the Maddison skills & showboating but he’ll definitely be a great addition.

PeterNdlovu14

He'll be a great signing for you. Some say last year he was average and they'd be fair in saying so, however he was in his first full season last year having burst onto the scene around Christmas time the year before.

He'll be an excellent box to box midfielder in my opinion. Receiving the ball off the back 4, moving it on and running through the game.

I hope he does well for you.

covboy1987

Solid player, no where near the talent that Maddison is though.
Don't agree that Bayliss is nowhere near the talent of Madison - I would actually say that Bayliss is slightly ahead of Madison comparing them both to when they left us - The Accrington Stanley manager spoke after a game against them last year that Bayliss was an unbelievable prospect and will play in the top end of the premier league in time

Users who are viewing this thread