Preston fan in peace (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Again we can talk about the pedigree /experience of the players we've signed, Dutch top flight, championship level experience and Premier league academy graduates who were highly rated... Can't we.
You are suggesting the players who we've let go which mostly have only experience playing footballing in league 1 and 2 are better?? Or am I missing something.

My opinion on bayliss is perfectly rational, and absolutely correct... Wouldn't you agree

His stats back up my argument on goals assists, he is good at driving forward and taking a player on, but lacks with his passing and vision... Did he get stuck in Alot? Missed that myself.. I base my opinion on watching over 40 league games last season.... You?

I would argue its yourself that's pretty funny, and it's been really easy picking apart your arguments... No offence

Bayliss' short passing can be sloppy but his vision and more difficult passing is very good, always very well weighted always progressive. I'd suggest you know little about the game hence looking at simplistic statistics over everything else.

Paxman II

Talented player with the potential to shine at a much higher level given room and time on the ball. He has the ability just needs his game rouning off and maturity to set in. Will be a top class player gven the time to develop more. But for Preston you have yourself a player who can turn a game. Great vision of passing, just needs to toughen up a little. Sad to see him go!

torchomatic

Will be a very very good player. I can see him moving to a Prem club for 30m+ within a couple of years. You’ve got yourselves a steal.

Ha, this made me LOL.

Evo1883

Bayliss' short passing can be sloppy but his vision and more difficult passing is very good, always very well weighted always progressive. I'd suggest you know little about the game hence looking at simplistic statistics over everything else.

Not simplistic stats is it, I've gone into detail about why I don't think bayliss is as good as some on here think... You've chosen to ignore almost all I've said.

You talk about how his difficult passing game is good, yet there is absolutely no evidence to suggest you are correct especially considering he only got 7 assists in 74 matches, and as I said before I attend every league match home and away practically and I rarely saw him cut a defense open... Liam Kelly who lived in our back 4 all season got the same number of assists in less games... Please explain where this vision is I'm genuinely intrugued

Tell me how a player that drives forward so often ends up with no end product in terms of final pass or even shots at goal... You want to talk about the player then don't just say his passing is good and then say I'm Clueless basically, explain where your argument comes from

Towards the end of the season Shipley offered more, Jordan Shipley in half the game time scored as many and assisted 1 less... Hes a year older than Tom that's it

As for my football knowledge, that's all opinion I suppose, I take your comment with a pinch of salt based off Alot of what you say on here...

Last edited:

Evo1883

Whilst I don’t disagree with the sentiment - talking of non bias.... if that was the case wouldn’t we have built Burge up to be the next Buffon?

Bayliss is good, flattered to deceive at times in league one but remember it was only his second season.

He will go on to play premier league football

Some fans did think burge was buffon to be fair lol...

cc84cov

Mad how many people now will say their honest opinion on here few months people were too scared to be honest in case they got shot down on here.

Evo1883

Mad how many people now will say their honest opinion on here few months people were too scared to be honest in case they got shot down on here.

Fuck it, say how you feel, not all of us are correct

Evo1883

In regards to James Maddison

He created the most goalscoring opportunities in the Premier league last season and did the same at Norwich the year before....

There is no comparison... Wrong thread I know ffs

Evo1883

I wonder how many assists Bayliss would have had last season if Thomas had been a half decent finisher.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That would imply he creates Alot of chances

You not seen the 1 minute 30 video of his best bits

Evo1883

ST holder, saw plenty of games thanks.

Home games, so basically you aren't being honest.because he didnt create loads.

Why are people lying, it's genuinely hilarious

lifeskyblue

You have a decent player and, at the price, a reasonable investment. Has ability to glide past players and making excellent forward runs, decent in tackle and although makes a few poor choices is a player to watch. Hopefully Preston will get the best out of him and turn him from a decent player into a very good player...possible premier league player of future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Evo1883

I forgot your opinion is the only one that matters.

He created a fair amount of chances. Luke thomas missed about 15 1-1's just at home, around half of those were from a bayliss pass.

Some people on here just can't talk logically, I'm using stats, explaining my reasoning behind my thoughts and yet somehow stats mean nothing, unless it comes down to Thomas missing chances.
After attending almost every single match last season, from what my very own eyes saw, you are wrong about the chance creation.

Ofcourse you have nothing to back up your thoughts and are riding on emotion which in turn makes me believe what you are saying is infact.... Made up

torchomatic

Evo1883

These very same people also were gutted Chaplin left, yet sit here slagging Bakayoko off every chance they get, despite Bakayoko having a better season lol.. And I'm the Clueless one.. So much fun on here at times

Fries your head

clint van damme

I don't think he kicked on as much as I expected him to last year, not entirely sure why whether it was the way we played or teams targeting him etc, but certainly has some potential, whether that's unlocked time will tell.Good with both feet, has a decent shot, he has a footballing brain and the attribute I like best about him is when at pace he appears to glide past players with ease. Not always on it and needs to add consistency, but if the reported £2m is the fee then I think that's a fair price and you're the right type of club for him to showcase himself in the next couple of seasons if he has aspirations of a Premiership move.

He definitely didn't kick on as expected but I also think tiredness played a part.
He played more games than expected the year before then wasn't he involved with the young lions after the play offs finished?

As for the assist statistics I'd like to see the stats for chances created because he was providing for a forward line that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

yan1989

Great insight, and to be fair I think barring a couple of outliers, most of you are like-minded in your assessments. Genuinely very excited to see him play.

How do you know it's for "not a lot of money"

RE the above, I'd expect it to be something between 1.5 and 2 million - depending on who you ask, our record is £1.8m for David Healey in 2002 or £2m for Neil Mellor (although I assume that would have included add-ons which weren't ever activated).. if it were over those two figures, knowing our media team, that would have been the headline..

Interestingly, Alex Neil signed Maddison off you when managing Norwich also. If we get half the player Maddison is, i'll be a happy man!

Johnnythespider

He's a different kind of player to Maddison but for my money he can equal his achievements, whether he does or not now depends on you, when he glides past a couple of opponents you will know what I'm talking about. Enjoy him while you can.

stupot07

Some people on here just can't talk logically, I'm using stats, explaining my reasoning behind my thoughts and yet somehow stats mean nothing, unless it comes down to Thomas missing chances.
After attending almost every single match last season, from what my very own eyes saw, you are wrong about the chance creation.

Ofcourse you have nothing to back up your thoughts and are riding on emotion which in turn makes me believe what you are saying is infact.... Made up
Liam Kelly 5 assists and 1 goal in 63 league games for us. Shocking player.

*I don't really believe that as I can see the contribution players give despite what their 'stats' say.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think some people on here are comparing Bayliss to present- day Maddison who has improved massively since we let him go. Yes, Bayliss is probably a tad behind where Maddison was when Madders was sold but has great potential and should find Champioship football a level he should thrive at. Needs to toughen up a bit but let us not forget how utterly shite Maddison was when he came back to us on load from Norwich when he would fall over if someone coughed at him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think the one thing we can't allow for is the change in fan mentality towards him.

Here he was an academy lad 'one of our own' and still seen as a young lad with good prospects. There he's going to be one of their most expensive signings and will be expected to hit the ground running and consistently be running games. He won't be given that same leeway there.

He seems to have the mentality to cope with it but time will tell.

hill83

considering he only got 7 assists in 74 matches

I’ll just pick this out as it seems like the main point of your argument. And I’ll caveat it with I’m not in any way actually comparing Bayliss to the player I’m going to mention. But look at these stats for league games.

2013/14
35 games, 6 assists
2014/15
24 games, 1 assist
2015/16
28 games, 2 assists
2016/17
23 games, 3 assists

Any idea who it is? He must be shite. His goal record is worse by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread