Presssley (1 Viewer)

marcus87

Sorry the Sisu factor doesn't wash with me anymore.

Pressley has a squad which has player which most other L1 teams would love to have.

Yes we have lost some good players but we have enough decent players who should be doing a job in L1 let alone against a non league team.

The blame is with the manager who time and time again doesn't have any tactical nouse.

For what ever reason he thinks we have 2 keepers worthy for the Number 1 spot. He had bought experienced players in Reda, JoB etc but not in the key position which can make or break a team.

Don't be blind by the Sisu factor now. Yes we have got rid of some decent players, but the players at Pressley disposal should be doing better. The reason it isn't happening is down to the manager.

We are in great danger now of slipping out of this league and damaging the fan base further.

I fear our lowest ebb is yet to come...

'Some decent players' ??? They have sold out BEST players season after season it's obvious what the problem with this club is and constantly blaming managers doesn't wash with me

ollyservetta

the only way it could be worse is that if leam had beat Worcester in the last round and it was the brakes that beat us today

The Reverend Skyblue

On the commentary Foster (i think - if not Eakin) said that Nouble was strolling around looking like he wasn't interested. Maybe that is the reason?

So because a commentator says something about Nouble ,that's the reason he should have been taken off.
FFS I asked about his opinion not fucking Eakins or whoever.

just keep making excuses for yet another inept performance lads

Smudge1987

Apart from the freak comeback against Peterborough the team have lacked any form of motivation for weeks now. It is the managers job to do it.

The Reverend Skyblue

'Some decent players' ??? They have sold out BEST players season after season it's obvious what the problem with this club is and constantly blaming managers doesn't wash with me

so you think with the team we had out today we shouldn't beat Worcester City of the conference North.
christ sake man get a grip

AFCCOVENTRY

No. I'm afraid we have decent players here and a manager who cannot mould a team, understand the correct formation to play and get the best out of them.

Also he doesn't realise where the priority positions for signing players are.

The Lurker

so you think with the team we had out today we shouldn't beat Worcester City of the conference North.

Just got back. Embarrassment. My lad said why do I put him through it? Good question. Lol clearly players weren't interested. I don't blame Pressley I blame the players today. They didn't look bothered except Maddison and Haynes. Today the players strolled round and that's there fault. Not the manager

marcus87

When have I said this team shouldn't of beat Worcester I haven't so get a grip your self today was a disgrace a total embarrassment and I'm surprised no one has blamed burge partly for his stupid lash out which cost us a player

ccfc1234

Mate, we've just lost to a conference north side. CONFERENCE NORTH. Part time players. It's embarrassing. Are you saying these players wouldn't get into conference north teams?

Each player we have, with the exception of 1 or 2 youth players, are proven at league 1 or above. Robins managed to sign some decent players with a similar budget, why can't Pressley. Also, it may be a smaller budget than we are used to but it's still a decent league 1 budget we have. Not many teams in league 1 spend money on players.

This is why him and Wagott must go.

marcus87

Just got back. Embarrassment. My lad said why do I put him through it? Good question. Lol clearly players weren't interested. I don't blame Pressley I blame the players today. They didn't look bothered except Maddison and Haynes. Today the players strolled round and that's there fault. Not the manager

Totally agree

Smudge1987

No. I'm afraid we have decent players here and a manager who cannot mould a team, understand the correct formation to play and get the best out of them.

Also he doesn't realise where the priority positions for signing players are.

Hit the nail on the head for me.

torchomatic

Just got back. A disaster from the start. Took 90 mins to get to the Ricoh because of bloody roadworks on the A46. From the off the team loooked crap. Burge is an idiot, so is Pressley for taking Nouble off. Redashould never gave taken a penalty.

Twenty five years since witnessing the Sutton game we get this. Shocking.

ollyservetta

people go on about the selling of Clarke and Wilson and fairplay .but ive always wonderd about how blair adams and baker seemed to just be brushed to one side ,and the shite that was loaned in and mansett shipped out ,then looseing mousa ,not keeping hold of marshall,and murphy,who I believe got us threw the second half of last season,ok Christie wanted out we couldn't stop that,but its got to be mis management ,I remember us selling Atherton and pierce to Wednesday then the irish lad babb , had a good world cup and ended up going to Liverpool,.

Ian1779

So because a commentator says something about Nouble ,that's the reason he should have been taken off.
FFS I asked about his opinion not fucking Eakins or whoever.

just keep making excuses for yet another inept performance lads

Making excuses? Are you stupid?

You asked why he took him off... I merely passed on a suggestion that I heard during commentary.

Does not mean I agree with it - I wouldn't have taken him off at all.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Walsall 4-0 Coventry
Crawley 2-0 Coventry
Crawley 3-2 Coventry
Coventry 1-5 Tranmere
Coventry 0-3 Rotherham
Coventry 1-2 Carlisle
Tranmere 3-1 Coventry
Colchester 2-1 Coventry
Gillingham 4-2 Coventry
Scunthorpe 2-1 Coventry
Crewe 2-1 Coventry
Oldham 4-1 Coventry
Coventry 1-2 Worcester
+more

Just another embarrassing day following Steven Pressleys Coventry

The Reverend Skyblue

couldn't disagree more, if the players felt afraid that putting in a performance like that and still keep their positions next week then they have no respect for the manager.

Everyone there today agree it was appalling and not acceptable, yet this is not the first time a performance like that has happened this season,infact it has happened many times where the players have given 50%,if that ,yet they get away with it week in week out,and still Pressley praises them in the media for giving everything they have.

the players know that they can get away with given just a proportion of what's needed and the manager will still stick with them.

they should be terrified of putting in a performance like that, they should be shit scared of what the manger will do and say if they do this , but all he says is the same old same old of they give there all ,when it is obvious to everyone they give fuck all ,but they get away with it week after week , so yes I blame the manager totally for the basic ask of any team ,which is too give everything you have every time you pull the shirt on.

as fans this is all we ask, give your all and we will support you, but they never do and yet the manager makes excuses for them evrytime

Last edited:

Smudge1987

Walsall 4-0 Coventry
Crawley 2-0 Coventry
Crawley 3-2 Coventry
Coventry 1-5 Tranmere
Coventry 0-3 Rotherham
Coventry 1-2 Carlisle
Tranmere 3-1 Coventry
Colchester 2-1 Coventry
Gillingham 4-2 Coventry
Scunthorpe 2-1 Coventry
Crewe 2-1 Coventry
Oldham 4-1 Coventry
Coventry 1-2 Worcester
+more

Just another embarrassing day following Steven Pressleys Coventry

Now that is a depressing read

Ashdown

Just got back from the Eon lounge. What an embarrassment ! SISU have reduced us to this without doubt, low budget, bunch of misfits and academy kids. No confidence, can't string a pass together, no chances for an age. Burge.......you fucking arsehole ! I'd see him out of the club for that appalling lack of discipline. You do that sort of shit in an office or a warehouse and you lose your job simple. A lost bunch of largely poorly managed kids in a superb stadium built for better. The hedge fund have destroyed the club without doubt and the bullshitter that is Steven Pressley is just the ticket for the sort of liars that control the club, I'm sick to death now of hearing his sycophantic 'Everything's progressing well' and the pressing game will pay dividends crap. We're fucked as a club I'm afraid and sadly as a City, soon to be part of greater Birmingham no doubt !

covhead1

Pressley has lost it, the wheels have been slowly but steadily falling off since last christmas and it aint gonna get any better sometime soon.

ELVIS IS DEAD!!!

Gazolba

It wasn't Pressley's fault that Burge got sent off and it wasn't his fault that Reda missed the penalty. It was his fault that Burge played and it was his fault that Reda took the penalty. The official penalty-taker should be decided before a game kicks off with no deviation allowed for any reason. The players have to take the majority of the responsibility for this defeat. Of course SP assembled the team, but you cannot overlook that he was forced to get rid off all the best players from last season and replace them with inferior substitutes.

stupot07

Another game where we have conceded 2 or more goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

It wasn't Pressley's fault that Burge got sent off and it wasn't his fault that Reda missed the penalty. Maybe it was his fault that Reda took the penalty. The official penalty-taker should be decided before a game kicks off with no deviation allowed for any reason. The players have to take responsibility for this defeat. Of course SP assembled the team, but you cannot overlook that he was forced to get rif off all the best players from last season and replace them with inferior substitutes.
Pressley said after the match, effectively there is no official penalty taker. He encourages who ever feels confident at the time to take it. And the players have shown a lack of discipline this season with Reda headbutting a player at Scunthorpe and Burge has continued that.

So indirectly I could argue Pressley was at fault for both.

stupot07

3 sendings off so far this season, and we haven't even got a nasty player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gazolba

the players know that they can get away with given just a proportion of what's needed and the manager will still stick with them.

..... they should be shit scared of what the manger will do and say if they do this , but all he says is the same old same old of they give there all ,when it is obvious to everyone they give fuck all ,but they get away with it week after week , so yes I blame the manager totally for the basic ask of any team ,which is too give everything you have every time you pull the shirt on.

..... and yet the manager makes excuses for them evrytime

A manager should NEVER criticize players publicly, it should be done privately! And none of us know what he is saying to them privately.

SkyBlue_Bear83

3 sendings off so far this season, and we haven't even got a nasty player.

I know right, it wouldn't be so annoying if these players were flying into tackles every minute and picking up yellow cards or the odd reckless tackle which gets them sent off but there just being idiots and showing a lack of respect the club, fans and their team mates.

AFCCOVENTRY

Can someone tell me what Pressley's strengths are as a manger?

Because as an ex defender one of our biggest weaknesses is defense.

letsallsingtogether

Behave, what's the excuse for today

Excuse for today come off it Nick we have been shit all season yet some on here harp about our good squad.

If you lose all your best players and then replace them with players that other teams do not want, what do you really expect.

No Passion
No Commitment
No Skill
Do not care

Sorry but only Sisu to blame for this, the next manager will have the same remit same sell and we will replace with shit if not use the under 9's.

Where did all the money go
From the Arsenal Game
From all the players that left.

Who did we get in return fucking rubbish has been players.

Yet Some will come on here and honestly say I know nothing about football because they are good players for this league :laugh:

Fuck me most wouldn't even get into Nuneaton's squad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Excuse for today come off it Nick we have been shit all season yet some on here harp about our good squad.

If you lose all your best players and then replace them with players that other teams do not want, what do you really expect.

No Passion
No Commitment
No Skill
Do not care

Sorry but only Sisu to blame for this, the next manager will have the same remit same sell and we will replace with shit if not use the under 9's.

Where did all the money go
From the Arsenal Game
From all the players that left.

Who did we get in return fucking rubbish has been players.

Yet Some will come on here and honestly say I know nothing about football because they are good players for this league :laugh:

Fuck me most wouldn't even get into Nuneaton's squad.

You know nothing about football

Users who are viewing this thread