Pressley (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Lots of injuries and off-field distractions, I think it's a bit early to be writing him off.

As someone who just goes to the home games, we look twice the side under Pressley!

Otis

Not necessarily defending him here, but had he point out a different team he would have been facing calls of 'changing a winning team'.

Not from me he wouldn't.

As soon as Donny sussed out our game plan we struggled. They totally nullified our game 2nd half.

I sincerely hope we didn't go out with that same game plan today. Players like Fleck and Barton thrive when they have time on the ball. Not many teams in this league give you time on the ball.

Barton especially has suffered when teams have pressed against us and denied him space and time.

As I say,I am waiting for reports back as to how we played and set out our stall today.

rupert_bear

Aren't football fans a strange unforgiving breed. Pressley has arrived here with storm going on all around him has lost his 20 goal top scorer, playing without his first choice centre half and left back, his back up striker Stephen Elliott also unavailable. Has to deal with and play with a totally inherited squad a lot of whom will probably not be here next season, yet he has won 2 and drew 1 of his three home games {one against league leaders Doncaster}, something the messiah Mark Robins didn't do. Judge him next season when he will have his own choice of players here.

Last edited:

Black6Osprey

I think the difference between Robins and our current manager, apart from the biggest being one had Goldie in the team and one doesn't, is that one spoke something close to the truth after the game and one talks total shit.

Today was awful with only about 3 players turning up, our passing was dreadful, we couldn't keep hold of the ball and in certain areas even lacked basic effort.

rob9872

Except thathe won't as we are likeoy to still be under an embargo. Not tood for is lonterm future in the game. I would be amazed if he wrre still in charge first game of next season if we are not taken over by then.

deanocity3

Aren't football fans a strange unforgiving breed. Pressley has arrived here with storm going on all around him has lost his 20 goal top scorer, playing without his first choice centre half and left back, his back up striker Stephen Elliott also unavailable. Has to deal with and play with a totally inherited squad a lot of whom will probably not be here next season, yet he has won 2 and drew 1 of his three home games {one against league leaders Doncaster}, something the messiah Mark Robins didn't do. Judge him next season when he will have his own choice of players here.

what players we can't but any,he have to do with what we have.

Brighton Sky Blue

Going into today's game we were 2nd in the form table (last 6 games). He has had zero time to sign his own players and has also inherited one mighty horrendous mess off the pitch-let's judge him after a full pre-season when neither of these will be a factor.

Colin1883

I don't see why he persists in playing callum ball who won't be here next season. I don't know what Thomas has to do, to get a game either. His after match comments are deluding

Apparently Thomas gets a massive pay rise next time he starts a game ?

Big_Ben

Apparently Thomas gets a massive pay rise next time he starts a game ?

Which presumably means that either he will never be picked again, or Mr Pressley will have to ask the administrator nicely for a bit more cash for Conor's wages.

psgm1

Banned
ALREADY being compared to Thorn!

I have watched a few performances under him now, and truly underwhelmed. It looks aimless uninteresting, lacking in ideas - just plain dull!

I find it amazing when people after 2/3 games saying Shaw / Carsley not good enough, yet too early for Pressley - WHY???? Surely if an assessment can be made for the others in 2/3 games, you can make an assessment of ANY manager!

Personally, I was never in favour of SP. They were saying he has achieved - but WHAT has he achieved? He has managed to get to the final of the scottish equivalent of the tin pot cup!

His old side is racing away in 5th position in their league. This is a league, where league one is seen as a massive jump up in terms of performance!

I just don't understand what basis did they sign him. Nigel Atkins was available (may well wouldn't have wanted it), but they PAID for Pressley!

The ONLY reason I can see, is that he was a former coventry player, and sisu believed it would be a way to bring the fans onside. But I just cannot see on what footballing basis he was signed.

Sure he has won games - but look at the opposition. Those games should have been a given, but they were beaten by Pompey ffs!

Sure they beat doncaster - but they weren't at the races first half.

Have no doubt he will be here for a while, but unless he does something next season, I expect we will not finish next season with Pressley. Could be wrong, but I expect a lot of very poor very ineffective performances under Pressley.

quinn1971

Going into today's game we were 2nd in the form table (last 6 games). He has had zero time to sign his own players and has also inherited one mighty horrendous mess off the pitch-let's judge him after a full pre-season when neither of these will be a factor.
Exactly !!! Give him chance ,he's had the leagues top scorer missing, the clubs a shambles the players can't exactly have their heads in the right place. If you want to take it out on someone try acl and sisu and the other clowns that run the club.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly !!! Give him chance ,he's had the leagues top scorer missing, the clubs a shambles the players can't exactly have their heads in the right place. If you want to take it out on someone try acl and sisu and the other clowns that run the club.

Paddy madden plays for us now???

davebart

ACL don't run the club

davebart

Pressley is here because he has shown he is happy to work with youth players. Next season the team's average age is bound to fall dramatically.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pressley is here because he has shown he is happy to work with youth players. Next season the team's average age is bound to fall dramatically.

We have absolutely no idea how the squad will look by that point-new ownership could change the whole thing completely.

Had a bit of time to calm down after today, so will try and be objective!!

Pressley has come to our club in arguably our most turbulent period in our history, Administration, with a prospect of liquidation, a transfer embargo,not knowing where we were going to play our home games at, several key players missing, and a current squad that have had to adapt to 4 different systems this season. Those circumstances would test any manager in the world, so to make assertions that he be judged after 6 games is both ridiculous and unfair.......................However, today's game was probably the most "Thorn-esque" performance since the oaf was sacked.Everything today smacked of the players either not believing or understanding the system/style of play implemented by SP,embodied by some of the most inept individual performances i have seen in a city shirt in recent times.It's all very well having a "football philosophy" but you need the players to do it.As my old man always said, you can only piss with the cock you've got!!

So, under SP there has been both encouraging signs and worrying signs, hasn't that been the case with every city manager?

Lets see how it all pans out, Callum Ball as a lone striker may soon be the least of our concerns.

PUSB
SPSBA

Users who are viewing this thread