Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Many good things about the game today but bad decisions cost us.
On the whole the attitude for the players was brilliant.

Sutty

Mar 23, 2011
Cannot believe this. Six games! SIX! And three wins!

How anyone can have made their mind up either way with such a small sample size to go on is beyond me. Especially when you consider the off-field turmoil and the lack of anything to play for.

CCFCDan87

Mar 14, 2013

How anyone can have made their mind up either way with such a small sample size to go on is beyond me. Especially when you consider the off-field turmoil and the lack of anything to play for.

Look at the fixtures we've had. Should have been more than 3 wins!!! The performances under him have been awful overall

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Aug 7, 2009
Coventry

I agree to a degree Sutty, it is too early.

However (serious question), did you go today?

If that is what we have got to expect to see more regularly, I feel fans have a reason to be worried.

CCFCDan87

Mar 14, 2013
I agree to a degree Sutty, it is too early.

However (serious question), did you go today?

If that is what we have got to expect to see more regularly, I feel fans have a reason to be worried.

Have we gone forward since Pressley arrival? Answer for me so far is no.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Have we gone forward since Pressley arrival? Answer for me so far is no.

He's been in charge for 6 games and has not been able to make any signings.

Don't forget that robins brought in Moussa, bailey, reckord and Henderson pretty much immediately after joining us.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010
I don't have much confidence in him but now he is here we have to give him a chance, all the off field rubbish and injuries to key players haven't made things easy for him.

No urgency and a lack of tempo from what I have seen so far

CCFCDan87

Mar 14, 2013
He's been in charge for 6 games and has not been able to make any signings.

Don't forget that robins brought in Moussa, bailey, reckord and Henderson pretty much immediately after joining us.

So how come robins could get the best out of the players but thus far Pressley hasn't?

Secondly for me, after leaving games recently its had the feel of watching an Andy thorn side, that worries me

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
How much forward progress can we make at a time when we're temporarily evicted from our ground, lose our leading forward and half our defence and have 10 points taken away?

Boo Pressley.

CCFCDan87

Mar 14, 2013
How much forward progress can we make at a time when we're temporarily evicted from our ground, lose our leading forward and half our defence and have 10 points taken away?

Boo Pressley.

So you honestly believe that 4-5-1 works with ball up front on how own?

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
So how come robins could get the best out of the players but thus far Pressley hasn't?

Secondly for me, after leaving games recently its had the feel of watching an Andy thorn side, that worries me

He's lost Clarke, wood, Adams, and had players like sheff, baker and Jennings playing with injuries.

It's not great, but I'm willing to give him a bit more time. 3 wins 1 draw and 2 loses isn't a bad start.

Sutty

Mar 23, 2011
This idea Pressley's subs are terrible, I'll bring some research to the table shall I?

The only times we've conceded goals after he's made a sub are in the 2 games we've lost, one of which was also after we were reduced to 10 men, and we were behind at the time of his 1st sub in both games. On the occasions we've been leading at the time of his 1st sub, we have gone on to see the game out without conceding any further goals. On one ocassion when behind, we came back to take a draw after Pressley's substitutions.

That means we have gained 1 point as a result of his substitutions this season. Again, it's a very small sample size so we can't take anything overly meaningful from it, but it does appear that the substitutions criticism is, for want of a better phrase, absolute bollocks.

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008

Robins' first six league games: Two wins, two draws, two defeats.

Pressley's first six league games: Three wins, one draw, two defeats.

Robins joined and immediately brought players in, Pressley joined in the middle of a complete clusterfuck and transfer embargo.

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
So you honestly believe that 4-5-1 works with ball up front on how own?

I didn't mention Ball. It's indisputable that the team is missing a number of first-choice players however, and he doesn't have the option to bring in players.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
I didn't mention Ball. It's indisputable that the team is missing a number of first-choice players however, and he doesn't have the option to bring in players.

Which surprising seems we have the best squad in the league.

Buster

Mar 22, 2011

Robins joined and immediately brought players in, Pressley joined in the middle of a complete clusterfeck and transfer embargo.

Dead on ajs . As usual the keyboard clowns strike again!

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010

Robins joined and immediately brought players in, Pressley joined in the middle of a complete clusterfuck and transfer embargo.
I think both have valid points, like I say Pressley doesn't fill me with confidence but we have to give him a chance first. Injuries and the situation hasn't helped him at all

On your stats about the first 6 games though you have left out points that the team Robins took over had lost 4 straight games and morale was low. Also Pressley played 4 of the bottom 6 teams in the division and failed to beat two of them

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
I think both have valid points, like I say Pressley doesn't fill me with confidence but we have to give him a chance first. Injuries and the situation hasn't helped him at all

On your stats about the first 6 games though you have left out points that the team Robins took over had lost 4 straight games and morale was low. Also Pressley played 4 of the bottom 6 teams in the division and failed to beat two of them

I be fair our record vs the bottom half is poor anyway and has been all season.

skybluesteve76

Mar 21, 2011
Fuck off Pressley...we were shit mate!
When SISU go you will follow!!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

BackRoomRummermill

Aug 4, 2010
Back In UK
I cannot believe he is being slated already , stop being wankers, no doubt the same people doubted LC . FFS give him at least a fair crack at the whip!

Grow up !

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008

The stats can be massaged which ever way people really want to paint them, but the overriding point is that six games is really not long enough to judge a manager. Pressley could end up a hero or end up being a stinking flop whose name is censored by all who type it, but with the context and circumstance he's started under, I'd say he's done a pretty good job so far, as did Robins under the circumstances you mention. With all that's going on, Pressley's job really starts properly in August now.

skybluesteve76

Mar 21, 2011
I cannot believe he is being slated already , stop being wankers, no doubt the same people doubted LC . FFS give him at least a fair crack at the whip!

Grow up !

When he stops telling me how good we were when we blatantly awful, then I will grow up!!
Doubted LC?? He was absolutely clueless.

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010
The stats can be massaged which ever way people really want to paint them, but the overriding point is that six games is really not long enough to judge a manager. Pressley could end up a hero or end up being a stinking flop whose name is censored by all who type it, but with the context and circumstance he's started under, I'd say he's done a pretty good job so far, as did Robins under the circumstances you mention. With all that's going on, Pressley's job really starts properly in August now.
Yep I agree, got to give him a chance first regardless of weather you think he has made a poor, average or good start

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Was worried today when he picked the same side.

It was clear to all and sundry that as soon as Doncaster changed their tactics at half time on Good Friday, we struggled in the middle of the park.

Seems to me that maybe Pressley concentrated too much on our first 45 mins on Friday when we dominated.

As I said at the time though, Donny got it completely wrong by backing off us and allowing Barton and Fleck to stroll around the park and spread the ball about at will.

Was clear that Donny countered this after half-time and I would guess Walsall will have seen the videos.

Just cos the system worked on Friday didn't mean it would work again today.

We should have changed the side around and for me, Ball is never going to be a goalscorer of any note.

I wasn't there, so wait to see what City fans' views are of the day. Be interesting to see how well we fared in the middle of the park, or whether Fleck and Barton were left a little bit redundant.

coundonskyblue

Mar 24, 2011
Was worried today when he picked the same side.

It was clear to all and sundry that as soon as Doncaster changed their tactics at half time on Good Friday, we struggled in the middle of the park.

Seems to me that maybe Pressley concentrated too much on our first 45 mins on Friday when we dominated.

As I said at the time though, Donny got it completely wrong by backing off us and allowing Barton and Fleck to stroll around the park and spread the ball about at will.

Was clear that Donny countered this after half-time and I would guess Walsall will have seen the videos.

Just cos the system worked on Friday didn't mean it would work again today.

We should have changed the side around and for me, Ball is never going to be a goalscorer of any note.

I wasn't there, so wait to see what City fans' views are of the day. Be interesting to see how well we fared in the middle of the park, or whether Fleck and Barton were left a little bit redundant.

Not necessarily defending him here, but had he point out a different team he would have been facing calls of 'changing a winning team'.

SkyblueBazza

Jun 19, 2012
His comments worry me by the game!

How did he not give any critism after that?

There's more than 1 or 2 players who failed to turn up today!

How do you feel if criticised? Some people respond positively some people the opposite. So public criticism is ill-advised. Acknowledgement that we could do better is different to criticism.
Fact is there are a fair few positive posts about today's commitment from the players. Whether people agree or not - it's early days yet for him, he's got work to do to get to be Championship material - I'm sure he knows that.

Users who are viewing this thread