Pressley (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Interesting he's on the radio saying he knew about the university of Warwick stuff and talks when he was here.

Says it happened at Falkirk and it was great to have the links.

The only issue is timescale for us.

Robins has given us stability which has made the difference.

ccfc92

Interesting he's on the radio saying he knew about the university of Warwick stuff and talks when he was here.

Says it happened at Falkirk and it was great to have the links.

The only issue is timescale for us.

Robins has given us stability which has made the difference.

Bit odd, 5 plus years ago he was here and we're no further forward than "we are working together".

I think he's a bit of a fantasist to be honest.

Yorkshire SB

Aligns with what another poster put on here, they flagged a post from 2014 which outlined we were working with the university, evidently something we've considered before

chiefdave

I think people need to realise that the fact the Uni was mentioned years ago doesn't necessarily mean they've been working on this solidly for years and taking it as some sort of indicator of how long it could potentially take.

Just as likely it was one of a number of sites being looked at and may have only relatively recently become the preferred option.

We simply don't know so we can't take the fact its been mentioned years ago as any real indicator of how likely it is or isn't to go ahead or how quickly it may happen.

Hadji's_Goatee

Look what has happened since discussions started in secret in 2014.

Warwick Uni has been creating the right infrastructural conditions for a new stadium right under CCC's noses.

There is no way CCC would of backed plans for link roads, tram systems and giant car parks if they knew it was part of a wider infrastructure plan for a new accessible stadium – such is their disdain for the Skyblues.

It's all hearsay, but you can't ignore the timeline of events, those 3 key applications for planning happened almost immediately after talks began in and around 2014.

Has everything else and all the other mooted sites just been a smokescreen while this has been going on behind the scenes?

Mucca Mad Boys

Warwick Uni has been creating the right infrastructural conditions for a new stadium right under CCC's noses.

There is no way CCC would of backed plans for link roads, tram systems and giant car parks if they knew it was part of a wider infrastructure plan for a new accessible stadium – such is their disdain for the Skyblues.

It's all hearsay, but you can't ignore the timeline of events, those 3 key applications for planning happened almost immediately after talks began in and around 2014.

Has everything else and all the other mooted sites just been a smokescreen while this has been going on behind the scenes?

These are my thoughts too. Even if slightly conspiratorial in nature.

In another thread, I eluded to this in a very vague way. With the toxic relationship CCFC and CCC have, it is unlikely the CCC would facilitate any planning permission in their jurisdiction that would make an alternative stadium a viable reality.

However, I will readily concede that this narrative only makes sense if progress on delivering this stadium is made over the next year or two.

skybluesam66

CCC have all of their eggs in the "Student City" basket
One thing they cannot do is upset 1 of the 2 major customers of that model

mr_monkey

Can’t help but feel if this was true, at the very least the plot of land would have been identified by now

Who is to say it hasn't and they just need to tie legal things down or something like that (purely theoretical I know but it is possible)

Sisu needed to make the statement last week to appease the blues situation but maybe they planned to make it later when they had more information but their hand was forced

Suffolkskyblue

I was thinking exactly the same thing, if that is what’s happened it could well be a master stroke by Sisu - the downside being 5ish years in exile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Who is to say it hasn't and they just need to tie legal things down or something like that (purely theoretical I know but it is possible)

Sisu needed to make the statement last week to appease the blues situation but maybe they planned to make it later when they had more information but their hand was forced

It is possible the exact bit of land is already known.

Let's face it, if they said "Oh, it is going to be exactly here" then the Council would be in overdrive to try and block things like they did with the Butts.

Nick

Administrator
I was thinking exactly the same thing, if that is what’s happened it could well be a master stroke by Sisu - the downside being 5ish years in exile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think it's giving them far too much credit, that would be genius.

NorthernWisdom

It'd have been more efficient for them to go through the relevant appeals processes, and more cost effective.

Warwick Uni have been creating the right infrastructure for Warwick Uni. Great if it means we can piggy back on it, but it's a nonsense to suggest we get nowehere because we're deliberately pretending to get nowhere. Plus we had three sites for a stadium, and were narrowing it down. We also appear to only now be starting the process of looking for investors and logistical partners.

As grand plans over a period of years go, it's pretty poor.

Frostie

Bit odd, 5 plus years ago he was here and we're no further forward than "we are working together".

I think he's a bit of a fantasist to be honest.

It was mooted on here by @oldskyblue58 back in 2016 that we'd been in discussions with the Uni about moving the training facilities over there too.

Obviously it's been on the back burner (perhaps thinking we'd somehow make progress with the Ricoh) but the Uni did invest in brand new, state of the art sports facilities opening last year.

With Ryton being sold & the club previously saying about having the training facilities at the same base as a new stadium then we could easily join the dots & say there's been a lot more been going on behind the scenes than we've been privvy to...

Was speaking to someone today who suggested that Warwick University had included in their latest sports site plans an indoor 3g pitch. Apparently CCFC will be using it for the academy when built. Expected 2018

The last plans I saw of the Uni development didn't include such a construction. Anyone else heard anything similar or seen the revised plans ( if any ? )

If that's the plan then it raises a few questions on other things I think......

chiefdave

I would love this to be true, would be comical, but I think its a stretch. The fact is, and the beauty of this as a potential stadium location, is the uni needs the same infrastructure. Creates a big headache for the council if they want to make things difficult as the numbers visiting a stadium are no different to the numbers turning up for the uni and business parks.

NorthernWisdom

I would love this to be true, would be comical, but I think its a stretch. The fact is, and the beauty of this as a potential stadium location, is the uni needs the same infrastructure. Creates a big headache for the council if they want to make things difficult as the numbers visiting a stadium are no different to the numbers turning up for the uni and business parks.
Exactly. If it's real, it's an excellent solution, and always would have been too.

It's also the obvious solution, as it saves SISU from having to fund many of those self same infrastructure issues.

So... great. Philosophically what's not to like?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So what you're suggesting is that CCFC's owners have been feeding everyone - council, fans, EFL - bullshit for 6 years and stringing everyone along? Yet we should assume they're telling the truth about the claims they've made?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I just think it's giving them far too much credit, that would be genius.

So if this were true (I don't think it is) bullshitting everyone for 6 years by our owners is a masterstroke in your eye. CCC/Wasps bullshitting people are underhanded bastards. Yet there's definitely no bias in opinion on here...

shmmeee

Warwick was mooted back in the days of Tim Fisher's badger hunt and Finham playing fields wasn't it? Sure I remember me and @NorthernWisdom saying it was about the only site that would work. Does make you wonder why we are still only in the planning for a partnership stage and what's been going on the last 6 years. If they were planning a stadium for six years and got link roads planned but forgot to actually plan the location and design of the stadium itself (while simulataniously planning a completely different stadium as a distraction) that's a whole other level of insanity.

CCC have all of their eggs in the "Student City" basket
One thing they cannot do is upset 1 of the 2 major customers of that model

Why? In case the unis decide to stop admitting students? I do love the mental theories on here at times.

Warwick Uni have never had a great relationship with Coventry. That's why it's Warwick Uni and not Coventry and Warwickshire Uni in the first place from what I understand.

Mucca Mad Boys

Warwick was mooted back in the days of Tim Fisher's badger hunt and Finham playing fields wasn't it? Sure I remember me and @NorthernWisdom saying it was about the only site that would work. Does make you wonder why we are still only in the planning for a partnership stage and what's been going on the last 6 years. If they were planning a stadium for six years and got link roads planned but forgot to actually plan the location and design of the stadium itself (while simulataniously planning a completely different stadium as a distraction) that's a whole other level of insanity.

Why? In case the unis decide to stop admitting students? I do love the mental theories on here at times.

Warwick Uni have never had a great relationship with Coventry. That's why it's Warwick Uni and not Coventry and Warwickshire Uni in the first place from what I understand.

I agree it’s unacceptable that it’s taken 6 years to announce a ‘potential partnership’.

Yet, the announcement is the most significant progress made on a new stadium to date. Now, I’m also of the view that the announcement, in isolation, is pretty meaningless.

Therefore, the next year or two will be revealing. If we make significant progress, then maybe it just took 6 years to let the legals draw to a conclusion and for us to agree something with UoW.

I’m willing to let bygones be bygones if significant progress is made on this stadium.

shmmeee

I agree it’s unacceptable that it’s taken 6 years to announce a ‘potential partnership’.

Yet, the announcement is the most significant progress made on a new stadium to date. Now, I’m also of the view that the announcement, in isolation, is pretty meaningless.

Therefore, the next year or two will be revealing. If we make significant progress, then maybe it just took 6 years to let the legals draw to a conclusion and for us to agree something with UoW.

I’m willing to let bygones be bygones if significant progress is made on this stadium.

Yeah, the chance for redemption has always been there with a stadium. I'd disagree this is anything like as far forward as we were with this:

1595878072304.png

That at least required an architect to be involved. So far all we've had to do so far is get UoW to agree to us releasing a statement saying we might work together.

I'd have thought if we were just sitting around waiting for legals to finish then we'd have put the work we did into that to good use, even if the details weren't finalised. We managed that above without even a clue where the land might be (which made it obvious nonsense, but that's another story).

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah, the chance for redemption has always been there with a stadium. I'd disagree this is anything like as far forward as we were with this:

View attachment 16089

That at least required an architect to be involved. So far all we've had to do so far is get UoW to agree to us releasing a statement saying we might work together.

I'd have thought if we were just sitting around waiting for legals to finish then we'd have put the work we did into that to good use, even if the details weren't finalised. We managed that above without even a clue where the land might be (which made it obvious nonsense, but that's another story).

In an ideal world, we’d have at least started actually building on a project like this.

Now we have something of a ‘fans group’ with @mark82 and @Sky Blue Pete having access to Joy and the club. Hopefully this leads to constructive dialog and accountability In delivering this project.

Nick

Administrator
So if this were true (I don't think it is) bullshitting everyone for 6 years by our owners is a masterstroke in your eye. CCC/Wasps bullshitting people are underhanded bastards. Yet there's definitely no bias in opinion on here...
The masterstroke would be keeping it from CCC, letting Warwick Uni get all the stuff through and then announcing it.

Just to prevent another Butts situation.

NorthernWisdom

In an ideal world, we’d have at least started actually building on a project like this.

Now we have something of a ‘fans group’ with @mark82 and @Sky Blue Pete having access to Joy and the club. Hopefully this leads to constructive dialog and accountability In delivering this project.
Thing is, we've had stadium consultancy groups and the like before, there's always been the opportunity for constructive dialogue and accountability.

I'd like to, at the very least, credit our owners with some intelligence. If they don't work out that some actual tangible progress keeps fans onside, whereas random statements lose credibility, then I'd have to reassess that.

Ring Of Steel

, the announcement is the most significant progress made on a new stadium to date. Now, I’m also of the view that the announcement, in isolation, is pretty meaningless.

“Yet the announcement is the most significant progress made on a new stadium to date.“

how do you work that out? There is zero progress, nothing.

Ring Of Steel

View attachment 16089

There was no architect involved in that, just someone adept with photoshop to take the old West Stand, tart it up, combine it with Rotherham’s ground and make it look all shiny.

mark82

Thing is, we've had stadium consultancy groups and the like before, there's always been the opportunity for constructive dialogue and accountability.

I'd like to, at the very least, credit our owners with some intelligence. If they don't work out that some actual tangible progress keeps fans onside, whereas random statements lose credibility, then I'd have to reassess that.

The SCG (or supporters forum as it now is) has continued and meets about once a quarter. All the supporters groups have a representative and we will have at the next one in Pete.

One of the things we touched on in February and will continue to speak about is how that 2-way communication can improve for mutual benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread