Pressley Out (1 Viewer)

ecky

Enough of this garbage pressley!!!
You have had long enough to sort this out!!
Time to admit your not a manager..

Seaside-Skyblue

Oh ok. That makes sense. I thought it was because of his track record at Falkirk
Well that too, that's how SISU knew he was the man. They were good for each other. We can't afford to buy anyone so have to develop our own and Pressley fitted that aim.

KersleyDigs

More possession + Same shots on goal + More corners = 3-1 loss

Lack of quality. Quality costs money, Bristol spent decent money we haven't....

The Gentleman

Enough of this garbage pressley!!!
You have had long enough to sort this out!!
Time to admit your not a manager..

Now now ecky, there are some on here who think he's the second coming. I was one of the early ones to question the man and some ridiculed me. He has no plan B whatsoever, doesn't know his best team, signs rubbish players and gets rid of the ones we need, for a defender his defensive tactics are awful, got lucky with the strikers he inherited, talks shite in his post match interviews, cannot now seem to motivate the players and he thinks that Waggot is a good guy. He has had 3 transfer windows and not signed 1 decent player who has made any sort of decent impact.

ecky

We will go down with this pile of shite running the club and a manager who talks a good game but fails to deliver..

junglej13

Its not all entirely down to money spent. Attracting players here over the summer would have been very difficult due to the Sixfields situation but it worries me that Pressley doesn't seem to acknowledge the importance of midfield. Our midfield players will not score goals at any level of football. The balance is completely wrong and unless he addresses it we are in deep shit and he will be sacked. I have absolutely no doubt.

ccfc92

He needs a serious reshuffle over the next week, or he's got to go.

We have a decent team, not league winners, but still players to get in top 8 at least.

Mr T - Sukka!

Said it before will say it again. My opinion of him changed when he said this squad is better than last year.

This comment from him changed everything! The writing was on the wall when he said this.

it shows he knows fuck all.

ccfc92

Said it before will say it again. My opinion of him changed when he said this squad is better than last year.

This comment from him changed everything! The writing was on the wall when he said this.

it shows he knows fuck all.

Or when he said last season, that promotion was unattainable, when we were 10th (or there abouts)

covcity4life

i could care less tbh

we used to moana bout sacking managers but the one time we didnt we went from championship to league one....

Paddy9239

Personally think it's a decent squad on paper, should be doing much more than it is anyway. Formation was dire today. Always been the most staunch Pressley fan as i thought we passed the ball well and he did a lot with a tiny squad last year however today was woeful. 3 at the back is just diabolical, they're all so uncomfortable. JUst trying to stand 10 yards from each other at all times. Anyone else notice Bristols two wide centre backs Ayling and Williams knew they had to push wide and forwards ocassionally?

Something needs to change.

One quick note, missing Fleck, Nouble and Reda, most teams would struggle to play top of the league without their 3 best players.

Still dreadful. Something needs to change rapidly.

Orient away is next on my list. Gulp.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had every faith in him at the start of the season but not any more. 'Fraid he has to go, but who would come in?

Evo1883

I have already made my feelings known in regards to preslley , but i thought we would lose today anyways so im hardly shocked we dis , i cant see a point in the next two games either .
regardless i think pressley is massively underachieving

Evo1883

If its the budget that bothers people , then they need a manager that has worked with and done well with low budgets before ...gary johnson

stupot07

No fight or passion today

Isn't a surprised when you look at the squad. Non of our midfields could punch their way out of a paper bag.

Men vs boys just like PNE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfc_Tom

Bristols number 15 looked a cracking player! We desperately need a formation change and get jackson to stop dropping deep and make more runs in behind the defence

Grendel

Isn't a surprised when you look at the squad. Non of our midfields could punch their way out of a paper bag.

Men vs boys just like PNE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Pressley said physicality was the difference but his whole midfield lacks presence. All the signings are similar and there is no midfielder with any bite. If he knew they were strong why have Barton and coubillay - two of the most lightweight players in the league - in the same team.

Evo1883

Clearly physicality wasnt the only difference , they had a short midfielder who drove forward with the ball , they had wing backs hugging the edge of our area , they went forward with pace and the final ball and passing was clearly alot better than ours ..... They did basic things right like trap a fucking ball

SBS

We lost 3-1 to the team unbeaten, top of the league and no doubt inspired by their following. We're missing 3 of our best players, tried to replace Murphy, Wilson, Moussa and to some extent Leon Clarke on the cheap and in a summer when it looked like we'd be playing infront of 1k at Northampton. Pressley deserves time.

ccfc92

Pressley said physicality was the difference but his whole midfield lacks presence. All the signings are similar and there is no midfielder with any bite. If he knew they were strong why have Barton and coubillay - two of the most lightweight players in the league - in the same team.

so who are you blaming for this?

skybluetony176

It's a ridiculous notion to shoot a man down who's always done his job with one hand tied behind his back by his employees.

So Presley goes, then what?

Who are we going to replace him with, with sisunomics?

What funds will his replacement get to change things, with sisunomics?

How will his replacement get more out the squad that sisunomics deliver?

SISU are the problem. People can carry on blaming the fans, the manager, the Ricoh, ACL, CCC, Wasps, Andy Thorn, the weather, the CT, PWKH or whoever but we are reaping what SISU have sowed.

Evo1883

We lost 3-1 to the team unbeaten, top of the league and no doubt inspired by their following. We're missing 3 of our best players, tried to replace Murphy, Wilson, Moussa and to some extent Leon Clarke on the cheap and in a summer when it looked like we'd be playing infront of 1k at Northampton. Pressley deserves time.

Its not the result that bothers alot of people , its the manner in which we are playing

stupot07

Clearly physicality wasnt the only difference , they had a short midfielder who drove forward with the ball , they had wing backs hugging the edge of our area , they went forward with pace and the final ball and passing was clearly alot better than ours ..... They did basic things right like trap a fucking ball

Freeman may be a bit short (5ft 9) but he was strong, he easy held our players off when driving with the ball.

Gazolba

We have a decent team, not league winners, but still players to get in top 8 at least.

... or maybe the top 10 ... or at least the top 12 ... or at the minimum the top 20 ... or ...

Grendel

so who are you blaming for this?

Pressley signed Swanson O'brien , tudgay, Jackson as 4 of the big budget signings and these will all be on higher than average wages in this league.

Johnson aside the budget has been spent poorly

So Pressley is accountable.

Gazolba

:)

When you look at our glaring weaknesses: goalkeeper, midfield, strikers, it's no coincidence that they all disappeared last season: Murphy, Baker, Moussa, Clarke, Wilson. The bottom line is none of them were adequately replaced.

ccfc92

Pressley signed Swanson O'brien , tudgay, Jackson as 4 of the big budget signings and these will all be on higher than average wages in this league.

Johnson aside the budget has been spent poorly

So Pressley is accountable.

100% agreed. But where do we go from here?

Evo1883

When you look at our glaring weaknesses: goalkeeper, midfield, strikers, it's no coincidence that they all disappeared last season: Murphy, Baker, Moussa, Clarke, Wilson. The bottom line is none of them were adequately replaced.
Out of curiosity , people talk about replacing the quality we had last season , none of which were bought in by preslley and how much did they cost ???? Clarke , moussa free ...mark robins , wilson academy , baker and murphy .
point is that there are players out there that are not just has beens or bums , but can add real quality to a team ...for free .
pressley has been woeful in the market

Users who are viewing this thread