Pressley Out (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

You can stick your head in the sand as much as you want but the facts are staring you in the face, look at his record. Most other managers would have got the bullet. He has had 3 transfer windows and not signed one good player who has made a positive difference. You say we need a midfielder yet I seem to remember Pressley near the end of the transfer window saying we didn't need one, well sorry but we fucking do and if you don't like swearing, tough shit, we're all adults. He has been shown up tactically at this level (yes little old League 1) whereas other managers with smaller budgets in less time have got far more from their teams. He has no plan B at all and talks complete shite in his interviews now. If you stick with your first point that he knows what he requires then even you are disagreeing as you thinks he needs a midfielder but he didn't. What this clubs needs is new owners, new manager and a team to be proud of. At present we have nothing that resembles that at all. Moving the ball around means nothing if you don't know what to do with it in the final third, as for your last bit saying we are too far away, from what exactly because the last time I looked 1 point from 6 games and 1 point off relegation so yes in a way we aren't too far away but it certainly ain't the fucking playoffs.

"Not signed one good player" I won't have said that, Jim O'Brien has been very decent when he has played and looks beyond the level of League 1.

Maybe your right that given the record we have had most other Clubs would have given the manager their P45's, but that said, we were famously not long ago in a position whereby we sacked managers for fun after 8/9 months, now we have a bit of stability and the signs are there that the results will return.

I never said we needed a Midfielder what I said was we need more physicality, when Reda and Nouble were in the team, no problems, they provided it, but since they have gone out the team it's been missing, Andy Webster doesn't provide that threat and there is not another striker that provides that kind of threat like Nouble.

We are only 12 games in, if we are still struggling in these positions at Christmas then you have a valid point to worry, but it won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

Sean O'Driscoll? No thanks, I'd be looking at ambitious number 2. Someone like Mckinlay who has just left Watford.

Would be drop to us though (McKinlay)? What's wrong with SO'D

ecky

Pressley said physicality was the difference but his whole midfield lacks presence. All the signings are similar and there is no midfielder with any bite. If he knew they were strong why have Barton and coubillay - two of the most lightweight players in the league - in the same team.

Pressley knows what the Club requires and is trying to change it for the better.

We are actually playing a decent style of Football and not consistently lumping the ball forward in the air..

Robbo you are on drugs the guy has lost the plot and we have been here before...

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would be drop to us though (McKinlay)? What's wrong with SO'D

Well he's never had a crack at a managerial job except the 8 days at Watford so I think he would, he was just the first name that popped into my head but thats the sort of manager I would be looking at. Someone who has coached at a good level and worked alongside some good manager.

I just don't rate SOD

RoboCCFC90

Does anyone know where you can find a list of unemployed managers?

I am looking at a list of unemployed managers, notable names:

Sean O'Driscoll
Brian McDermott
Tony Mowbray
Gary Megson
Alex McLiesh
Malky McKay
Brian Laws
Owen Coyle
Gary McAllister
Dave Jones
Paul Ince
Paul Jewell
Iain Dowie
Dougie Freedman
Paolo Di Canio
Billy Davies

Edit: Couple more;

Steve Coppell
Kevin Blackwell
Steve Clarke

Last edited:

samccov1987

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned by the results over the last 12 months but i would rather we gave Presley the season and then took stock. With everything he's had to deal (sixfields, player sales and the shock ricoh return) I think he deserves us to stick by him a little longer. Unfortunately the play offs do look out of reach but I still don't see us going down with this team - mid table finish and a paint trophy Wembley trip would probably be success now.

There's no outstanding candidate to takeover and our fall from grace has been so long and so painful it was never going to change overnight. Not saying he's the man to take us up but this club needs stability and the manger is probably the only person who can offer this.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sean O'Driscoll
Brian McDermott
Tony Mowbray
Gary Megson
Alex McLiesh
Malky McKay
Brian Laws
Owen Coyle
Gary McAllister
Dave Jones
Paul Ince
Paul Jewell
Iain Dowie
Dougie Freedman
Paolo Di Canio
Billy Davies

Not the greatest list tbf

SlowerThanPlatt

Sean O'Driscoll
Brian McDermott
Tony Mowbray
Gary Megson
Alex McLiesh
Malky McKay
Brian Laws
Owen Coyle
Gary McAllister
Dave Jones
Paul Ince
Paul Jewell
Iain Dowie
Dougie Freedman
Paolo Di Canio
Billy Davies

The only ones I'd like would be McDermott and Davies.

RoboCCFC90

Pressley knows what the Club requires and is trying to change it for the better.

We are actually playing a decent style of Football and not consistently lumping the ball forward in the air..

Robbo you are on drugs the guy has lost the plot and we have been here before...

Last time I checked, No I wasn't Ecky..

I have faith that this will turnaround.. I know we have been down this road before I have a feeling that this time it will turn.

RoboCCFC90

The only ones I'd like would be McDermott and Davies.

I share the feeling of Billy Davies, don't get me wrong Brian McDermott would be an awesome choice but I could never see it, that said I don't want Pressley going anywhere.

gary_ccfcforever

Sorry Robbo, but You are talking absolute shite. Pressley is a clueless donkey . Tactically he is a car crash, his eye for a player is shocking. Team selections are a joke. Interviews are becoming embarrasing. He has no clue What he is doing, to say we didnt need a midfielder when All we have is Thomas and Fleck is insulting. Our Most natural finisher - Shaun Miller hardly gets a look in. Paying £15 for that shit is a joke never mind a walk up price of £22! He reminds me of Andy Thorn. I thinks its 8 League wins All year. Ive Seen enough. He needs to go

stupot07

Sean O'Driscoll
Brian McDermott
Tony Mowbray
Gary Megson
Alex McLiesh
Malky McKay
Brian Laws
Owen Coyle
Gary McAllister
Dave Jones
Paul Ince
Paul Jewell
Iain Dowie
Dougie Freedman
Paolo Di Canio
Billy Davies

Edit: Couple more;

Steve Coppell
Kevin Blackwell
Steve Clarke

O'driscoll is england U19 manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RoboCCFC90

Sorry Robbo, but You are talking absolute shite. Pressley is a clueless donkey . Tactically he is a car crash, his eye for a player is shocking. Team selections are a joke. Interviews are becoming embarrasing. He has no clue What he is doing, to say we didnt need a midfielder when All we have is Thomas and Fleck is insulting. Our Most natural finisher - Shaun Miller hardly gets a look in. Paying £15 for that shit is a joke never mind a walk up price of £22! He reminds me of Andy Thorn. I thinks its 8 League wins All year. Ive Seen enough. He needs to go

Harsh man

gary_ccfcforever

Why is it harsh? The brand of Football is dreadfull, gates are plummeting. After Preston the gate dropped by over 2000! Today wasnt much better. The stats Dont lie Robbo, we have been abysmal under Pressley for a long time!

covhead1

We all tried to love Pressley but he has turned out just to be another clueless, inept and full of bullshit managers.
Jeez and aint we had our fair share of em :(

Glen

Hate to say it but he has a four year contract too much to sack, you know what sisu are like won't pay to sack him

Sky Blue Harry H

We all tried to love Pressley but he has turned out just to be another clueless, inept and full of bullshit managers.
Jeez and aint we had our fair share of em :(

I think you are right - except that the amount we've had over the last few years makes me think that the problem lies elsewhere. As the old adage goes "You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear" - F*ck me, I'm off to the fridge to get a Carling, I'm starting to sound like Dim with his "two turkeys b*ll*cks!" Invest SISU ffs!!

Hobo

SISU out, anything less is not addressing the real problem.

The Gentleman

"Not signed one good player" I won't have said that, Jim O'Brien has been very decent when he has played and looks beyond the level of League 1.

Maybe your right that given the record we have had most other Clubs would have given the manager their P45's, but that said, we were famously not long ago in a position whereby we sacked managers for fun after 8/9 months, now we have a bit of stability and the signs are there that the results will return.

I never said we needed a Midfielder what I said was we need more physicality, when Reda and Nouble were in the team, no problems, they provided it, but since they have gone out the team it's been missing, Andy Webster doesn't provide that threat and there is not another striker that provides that kind of threat like Nouble.

We are only 12 games in, if we are still struggling in these positions at Christmas then you have a valid point to worry, but it won't.

Ok Robo, we'll agree to disagree. But I will finish with one final thing, remind again what you said about Callum Wilson and what happened there...........

Re the list of unemployed managers: they are unemployed for a reason - that said - most wouldn't come to a skint, tin pot regime like ours given SISU's governance.

Pressley, to an extent, is a victim of SISU, nearly as much as the fans. Like I've said before, it looks like he's run out of ideas, but given the budgetary restraint imposed upon him how surprised can we be about this? How many of us are good at pulling rabbits out of a hat?

SISU are the real problem. Yes, Pressley is struggling, but I doubt there are any other managers that would want to come to us under the current climate.

Basically we are stuffed.

Nick

Administrator
Re the list of unemployed managers: they are unemployed for a reason - that said - most wouldn't come to a skint, tin pot regime like ours given SISU's governance.

Pressley, to an extent, is a victim of SISU, nearly as much as the fans. Like I've said before, it looks like he's run out of ideas, but given the budgetary restraint imposed upon him how surprised can we be about this? How many of us are good at pulling rabbits out of a hat?

SISU are the real problem. Yes, Pressley is struggling, but I doubt there are any other managers that would want to come to us under the current climate.

Same argument as when thorn was here wasn't it? Hands tied, fergie couldn't do better, all sisu.

No it wasn't. Utter shite.

So you think it's all Pressley's fault and not SISU? Look at the money "lavished"on the squad this season! Ha! Look at last season's ditching of Murphy, Christie, Baker, Moussa and Wilson.

There are mentalists on here who were arguing, just a couple of weeks ago, that this season's squad were better than last season's. Pressley didn't ditch last season's squad - SISU did.

Nick

Administrator
No it wasn't. Utter shite.

So you think it's all Pressley's fault and not SISU? Look at the money "lavished"on the squad this season! Ha! Look at last season's ditching of Murphy, Christie, Baker, Moussa and Wilson.

There are mentalists on here who were arguing, just a couple of weeks ago, that this season's squad were better than last season's. Pressley didn't ditch last season's squad - SISU did.
Of course it isn't all pressleys fault, the system that clearly doesnt work is. The fact we signed wingers and then decided to not actually play wingers is, the lack of plan b is.

Not even close all pressleys fault, doesn't mean better choices from him couldn't change things. We may even show a bit of fight on the pitch.

Re-read my original posting. It's not as black and white as you deliberately want to paint it - no doubt for your own pro SISU political reasons. I've clearly said Pressley has run out of ideas. But, look at the background, look at the squad last season and this. Look at the money for players. You are deliberately at the wind-up. Christ only knows why? Are you in the pay of SISU?

Nick

Administrator
Yes they pay me shit loads, they must do to put up with people like you who just come out with bollocks like that when people disagree with them. There was nothing pro sisu in my posts, it was merely pointing things out about Pressley, you must be one of those who can't understand that if you say something about one thing, it doesn't automatically mean something else.

How am I deliberately on the wind up? We had Thorn in charge and the fans were getting wet over him because he was a hero, even when we lost he was a hero because he had limited resources and his hands were tied. What was the argument when people said Thorn was shocking? "Oh but nobody would want to come here anyway" "Fergie couldn't do any better"

Of course Pressley is working on limited resources, but then again so are a lot of League One teams. How much have most other league one teams spent? Resources don't affect tactics, yes we may not have a team to play 3-5-2 because we haven't got a big budget but surely a good manager would have a system around the players he has? We lost some good players, but where would Baker or Moussa play in this system? Wilson could of course still be up front, so could Clarke and Murphy in goal. Our defence that has been strengthened I think with Murphy behind them would have been much better.

I am by no means saying "Pressley Out". I am just saying that he needs to have a rethink over his system after he signed players and then changed it. He needs to work on a Plan B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they pay me shit loads, they must do to put up with people like you who just come out with bollocks like that when people disagree with them. There was nothing pro sisu in my posts, it was merely pointing things out about Pressley, you must be one of those who can't understand that if you say something about one thing, it doesn't automatically mean something else.

How am I deliberately on the wind up? We had Thorn in charge and the fans were getting wet over him because he was a hero, even when we lost he was a hero because he had limited resources and his hands were tied. What was the argument when people said Thorn was shocking? "Oh but nobody would want to come here anyway" "Fergie couldn't do any better"

Of course Pressley is working on limited resources, but then again so are a lot of League One teams. How much have most other league one teams spent? Resources don't affect tactics, yes we may not have a team to play 3-5-2 because we haven't got a big budget but surely a good manager would have a system around the players he has? We lost some good players, but where would Baker or Moussa play in this system? Wilson could of course still be up front, so could Clarke and Murphy in goal. Our defence that has been strengthened I think with Murphy behind them would have been much better.

I am by no means saying "Pressley Out". I am just saying that he needs to have a rethink over his system after he signed players and then changed it. He needs to work on a Plan B.

I see I've touched a nerve. Thanks for calling me a retard. Thanks also for not reading my original post properly in the first instance and going off the deep end. Nice one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

Administrator
I did read your post:

Hence I said it was the same argument as when Thorn was here, that is what people said when Thorn was here. That isn't opinion, that is a fact.

I don't expect Pressley to win the league with 120 points, I do expect a bit of fight and passion like the players give a shit. I do expect a bit of a plan B when things aren't going right.

No nerve has been touched, it is you who looks the bellend when you start going off with the Pro SISU / you must work for sisu stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread