Pressley - on the edge? (1 Viewer)

Chez78

Perhaps he actually communicates with his bosses and believes their honesty and financial commitment?

You obviously know the truth and far more than me!

Or perhaps like the rest of us he's learnt to smell his bosses bullshit a mile off but still knows who's paying his wages, everyone one us has had to learn to bite our tongue when dealing with our boss.

RFC

He is towing the party line - as any main employee must. He is a good choice and fisher and Waggot have done their homework. Many managers would walk or use the situation as an excuse. He fronts up in an intelligent and articulate way - but he is on the same page as fisher and I believe for many fans that will become an Achillis for him.

Definitely he took a big sigh before answering the new stadium bit. However to me his real thoughts were the same of all of us.
The Ricoh is the only deal that will be happening

Still firmly believe the Ricoh deal will only be temporary, why?

I wish I could say more but sometimes you just have to hold back and take a very deep breath.

Please just stick with it and have faith.

RFC

He is towing the party line - as any main employee must. He is a good choice and fisher and Waggot have done their homework. Many managers would walk or use the situation as an excuse. He fronts up in an intelligent and articulate way - but he is on the same page as fisher and I believe for many fans that will become an Achillis for him.

RFC... Honest question... Why on earth do you say these things? It can't be nice getting all that flack.

The flack doesn't bother me in the slightest because I'm just saying exactly what I believe.

I may be wrong but .......... HELP!

Chez78

Football's all about opinion, please don't attempt to provoke me as it may have consequences. In your opinion, I am an idiot but do you think I really care?

Truth is , I don't. Have a great evening and a very nice weekend.

"May have consequences" are you serious???? You're taking to threats now. What you going do? Expose yourself to a load of gamma radiation turn green and smash the shit out of the place.

skybluetony176

Football's all about opinion, please don't attempt to provoke me as it may have consequences. In your opinion, I am an idiot but do you think I really care?

Truth is , I don't. Have a great evening and a very nice weekend.

"Please don't attempt to provoke me as it may have consequences"

Was that a threat?

RFC

Anyway all you guys are great but particularly those travling to Bradford on Saturday.

I'll be elsewhere (hopefully with good friends) but you never know how things will turn-out, however fingers crossed.

dongonzalos

Still firmly believe the Ricoh deal will only be temporary, why?

I wish I could say more but sometimes you just have to hold back and take a very deep breath.

Please just stick with it and have faith.

I will always stick with City.

However they need to be back at the Ricoh and the club needs to buy ACL.

Hopefully Joy realises at some point it is unlikely that words break even point and promotion are not synonymous.

You have to invest to succeed both in and off the field.

It looks like finally now you may have the right people in place to invest in.

Samo

The flack doesn't bother me in the slightest because I'm just saying exactly what I believe.

I may be wrong but .......... HELP!

Help is what you need pal. Would you mind not constantly quoting that same Grendel post? Just for my sanity?

Chez78

That's really funny, you don't know who my sources are and even if you did, it wouldn't help you. LOL

Tell you what RFC why don't you post one thing you have called that has been right??? So far for someone that has inside information you haven't got one thing right. Ever get the feeling that your inside informant might just might be feeding you a load of lies.

J

Jack Griffin

Make your mind up. Are your crazy thoughts your opinion or do you have a source that is always wrong?

Could you just point to something you have predicted that actually happened as you said?

FRY-CCFC

One thing that surprised me was how rude a lot of the fans came across to him. Calling him kid etc. also, the stupid questions being asked like what are you personally doing about the ground situation? Found the criticism unwarranted and a bit odd really.

SkyBlue_Bear83

One thing that surprised me was how rude a lot of the fans came across to him. Calling him kid etc. also, the stupid questions being asked like what are you personally doing about the ground situation? Found the criticism unwarranted and a bit odd really.
The one about the ground was clearly stupid, the other one was a fair point about the quality of last seasons loans but was just put forward in an a rude and condescending way.

Astute

Could you just point to something you have predicted that actually happened as you said?

The last prediction concerning SISU that I remember getting wrong was when they said they were moving our club to Northampton. It didn't make any sense. But like the majority of us I find them very predictable although sometimes it can take months to happen.

Or did you mean RFC? :D

mds

Pressley knew what he was getting into. The quagmire that is the club, he knew all the pitfalls all the off field problems, he`s not a stupid man, him and his agent must of known of the shit going on here, he knew the financial constraints, knew that he would be working with limited budgets and all, his history at Falkirk and the ability to work with youth and nothing is why he is here. Somebody sold him a dream/goal/aim and promised him time to deliver, whether he can whether he is up to it is a different matter, why would he give up all he had acheived or was acheiving their to come to us? Somebody here saw something in him to try and get him here, he obviously saw something in us to give that up and come to us and i dont beleive for one minute it was money.
The youth system is where it is at for the owners and the manager, strength in depth, better youth developement, long term better squad better team better sales! Think Grady and Crewe of old. If we can get promoted and develope decent youth to play and sell all the better. He is here for the long haul, win lose or draw we have him for the next 18 months, 3 yr contract which will be seen out, hopefully a success. Who knows.
PUSB

ohitsaidwalker king power

The one about the ground was clearly stupid, the other one was a fair point about the quality of last seasons loans but was just put forward in an a rude and condescending way.

Not helped by the almost bigoted riposte re a "Scotsman" being brought in to replace Gregor, a point soon undermined by SP. I'm sure on replay the gent concerned will somewhat regret how he came over, I'm sure his point was well intended.

Hobo

Pressley knew what he was getting into. The quagmire that is the club, he knew all the pitfalls all the off field problems, he`s not a stupid man, him and his agent must of known of the shit going on here, he knew the financial constraints, knew that he would be working with limited budgets and all, his history at Falkirk and the ability to work with youth and nothing is why he is here. Somebody sold him a dream/goal/aim and promised him time to deliver, whether he can whether he is up to it is a different matter, why would he give up all he had acheived or was acheiving their to come to us? Somebody here saw something in him to try and get him here, he obviously saw something in us to give that up and come to us and i dont beleive for one minute it was money.
The youth system is where it is at for the owners and the manager, strength in depth, better youth developement, long term better squad better team better sales! Think Grady and Crewe of old. If we can get promoted and develope decent youth to play and sell all the better. He is here for the long haul, win lose or draw we have him for the next 18 months, 3 yr contract which will be seen out, hopefully a success. Who knows.
PUSB

I think SP genuinely believes in the youth development and having a squad structure that allows them to breath and gives them the opportunity to develop.

Youth players will never blossom by only playing reserve team football. He is also knowledgable enough to know all players need to put in hard work at the right time and defence starts with the whole team pressing early to achieve success.

Admittedly, we shipped too many goals last season, but we did show signs of playing for the full 90 and turned a few games around in the last 15 minutes. Along with an attractive passing philosophy, signs that he is going to change the mentality of the club.

The adoption 3-5-2 shows he wants to make us more flexible and robust. Which if performed correctly should not hamper creativity.

Not only should we as fans enjoy watching youth develop at our club, we should also enjoy watching a manager learning and developing his craft.

fernandopartridge

....Pressley said himself last season that he'd made mistakes with his loan signings so its a moot point

shmmeee

No-one should have been rude let alone attacked the guy considering he's been kind enough to come out so much, a lot more than most managers I can remember.

I wonder if it's a bit of anger at the whole situation bubbling over and no games recently to shout at. Getting a general forum set up with Fisher and Waggot would at least provide a mechanism to let off steam even if it's not productive in other areas IMO.

LB87ccfc

Some people who attacked him are utter twats IMHO, not a clue, he is being dictated too by his bosses who pay his wages, like some of you who asked the questions are dictated to in your place of work by your boss.

FFS wake up people, we played some lovely attacking football and was exciting to watch last season, and dont give me all this bollocks of I could not see them, what you spent of attending the ricoh you could of easily sat on a club coach and gone to a game and saw.

Pressley has NOTHING to do with the politics that are hindering our club at present, but yet morons think its him who make the decisions.

Attack one the brightest young managers in the game and he walks, what then? who in the right mind would want to come in to replace him with these baboons running our club?

Pressley had no choice but to ultiilise the loan market last season, and he was lied too by players and agents.

Get a grip!

lewys33

Pretty much everything has been said. He is employed by these people so has to toe the line to an extent. I think he puts himself across very well, quite intelligent. Could you imagine the likes of Peter Reid in this situation?

hill83

Just one small doubt about Pressley,when was the last competetive game City won ? I can't remember.

This is up there with stats like "We haven't beaten this team away for 79 years"
Look a little closer and we've only played them once.

Hobo

Just one small doubt about Pressley,when was the last competetive game City won ? I can't remember.

March 29 th 2-1 Crewe, we also drew 1-1 with Wolves penultimate game of the season who were Champions so not a bad result.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Some people who attacked him are utter twats IMHO, not a clue, he is being dictated too by his bosses who pay his wages, like some of you who asked the questions are dictated to in your place of work by your boss.

FFS wake up people, we played some lovely attacking football and was exciting to watch last season, and dont give me all this bollocks of I could not see them, what you spent of attending the ricoh you could of easily sat on a club coach and gone to a game and saw.

Pressley has NOTHING to do with the politics that are hindering our club at present, but yet morons think its him who make the decisions.

Attack one the brightest young managers in the game and he walks, what then? who in the right mind would want to come in to replace him with these baboons running our club?

Pressley had no choice but to ultiilise the loan market last season, and he was lied too by players and agents.

Get a grip!

Spot on LB87ccfc, I mean what do the fans who have a go at Steven Pressley want?

See Steven Pressley put Joy Seppala through a table as demonstrated here?

[video=youtube;floQKufornI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=floQKufornI&list=PLcovtt7Bdo9O6-yuck-tV-ibrgCwyoqXk[/video]

Mind you I'm sure Valient would love to see that?

Nick

Administrator
Question, are the ones having a go at SP the ones who lived Thorn and hate SISU? Not saying they are, but would be interesting to see.

Users who are viewing this thread