Pressley interview.... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought that Thorn was part of the scouting team before his failure in the Conference? Yet another myth....

Yea you're right I just checked, I remember reading he was scouting for England but I couldn't remember where I read it. Turns out it was from the BBC article when he was appointed Kidderminster manager.

percy

Getting so fucking sick of the same excuses time after time. I know they were mostly freebies but there were better freebies out there, and why claim not enough physicality when most of his signings could'nt fight their way out of a paper bag.

He knew we needed physical players yet signed pussies who would get eaten alive in this league, he just does not make any sense.

the Bournemouth players need to be sent back now,they don't give a flying fuck about us and will just stand by and watch us slide into oblivion and then go back to their clubs.

We were warned Pressley had no clue from the pub league that is the Scots division one. He has clearly lost the dressing room and the plot in general and if those who keep saying what does keep changing the manager do, well look at fucking Watford who despite being on their fourth manager this season are top of the championship,so don't give me that shit

i would keep hold of coulibaly he looks a threat. he just needs a few more games under his belt.

RFC

here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Pens at the ready.......

Give it a rest, a change of manager will make no difference and we'll be back in the same situation as history proves within 12,or 18 months.

Last edited:

ccfc92

Give it a rest, a change of manager will make no difference and we'll be back in the same situation as history proves within 12,or 18 months.

when did I say a change of manager?

This is a thread about OUR manager's comments? And I voted NO in the poll if he should be sacked.

Go on. Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle.

italiahorse

Can't we sack him and say get the chief scout to become manager?
Ooops sorry we've already done that one.

Sky Blue Sam could perhaps do it next year if Sisu reduce the budget further.

The Reverend Skyblue

Well Watford are certainly struggling on their fourth manager this season are'nt they.i don't agree changing the manager quite as much as them but if the manager who wins 8 games in 44 I certainly think it's time to give another manager a go.
so changing your manager regularly doesn't mean your club will struggle and be in the same position in a years time.

Now promise me you will try and talk some sense soon,you are making yourself look more stupid and clueless every time you post

Sky Blue Pete

The one reason we mustn't clamour for his dismissal is because the bigger problems go higher. We have replaced a reasonable team with players that are mostly loans and others just not good enough sprinkled with some talented kids who have no chance competing against grown men week in week out.

Waggott where's your comments now? Own up? What's the budget.? What's the intentions? League 2?

lifelongcityfan

The one reason we mustn't clamour for his dismissal is because the bigger problems go higher. We have replaced a reasonable team with players that are mostly loans and others just not good enough sprinkled with some talented kids who have no chance competing against grown men week in week out.

Waggott where's your comments now? Own up? What's the budget.? What's the intentions? League 2?[/QUOTE

its all fine..we are cash positive!! and i wonder who benefits from that?:whistle::blue:

ccfc92

He's right

I personally think it doesn't matter if we have a "known" manager or an up and coming/unknown manager. we have our 3-6 months of expected-good performances, then we start slinking down again....

I think the issue we have had, is since 2001, we haven't had a manager take the club beyond what we are used to (midtable finishes), and truly challenge and scare teams.

albatross

The club can't afford to sack him. Its the only plan they are executing and will show to the world that they have poor judgement and cannot follow through with anything. This is the one thing that they can't blame on anyone else.

Anyway where is the money going to come from to pay them all off , what will that do to the wage budget an our ability to attract new players.

on the 10th Sept (just over 5 weeks ago)

Coventry chief executive Steve Waggott told the club's official website: “We are absolutely delighted that Steven and Neil have agreed new deals with the club.
“In Steven, we have a manager whose long-term vision absolutely mirrors that of the football club. We want to achieve success on the pitch and, integral to that, is identifying and developing the very best talent around.
“We’ve seen over the past 18 months the positive impact the players from our academy have had as they have come into the first team and we want to very much continue and expand that model and Steven is front and centre of that.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/coven...ur-year-deal-140910113034#CSOHr3tFMrBqWTFF.99

No going back now!

Como

I expected to be fighting relegation at the beginning of the season, then I got my hopes up that we might do a bit better.

Now it is difficult to see anything changing, so what happens if nothing does between now and Christmas?

Otis

Basically blaming the run on the absence of Reda and Nouble, keeps banging on about physicality

He's right. Trouble is, he's the manager and he and Waggott chose the players to bring to this club. To not have one single senior midfield player with any physicality is a massive oversight.

I hear Ivor Lawton from the academy is that sort of combatative midfielder we crave. Are we really going to have to pin our hopes on one 17 year old kid?

letsallsingtogether

He's right. Trouble is, he's the manager and he and Waggott chose the players to bring to this club. To not have one single senior midfield player with any physicality is a massive oversight.

I hear Ivor Lawton from the academy is that sort of combatative midfielder we crave. Are we really going to have to pin our hopes on one 17 year old kid?

Why not that is our philosophy cheap, young and inexperienced.

Kingokings204

Yes, we already have with Maddison it still makes me cringe. We are talking about teenagers to get us through this battle. What a joke. Reda and Noble back asap for me. I want SP to succeed so bad but it isn't happening and if he doesn't leave by Saturday then we will lose again. simple.

Otis

Why not that is our philosophy cheap, young and inexperienced.

Maybe because it is just the one single 17 year old kid perhaps?

SP is now saying we need Johnson and Nouble for that physical presence. Is he saying we have just those 2 players for those positions with no cover whatsoever? Every time these players are injured we are fooked?

And if we only have Lawton, what happens if he's the answer and he gets injured? Are we then fooked again?

We have far too few physical players in our squad and no players to cover when these players are missing.

Kingokings204

Maybe because it is just the one single 17 year old kid perhaps?

SP is now saying we need Johnson and Nouble for that physical presence. Is he saying we have just those 2 players for those positions with no cover whatsoever? Every time these players are injured we are fooked?

And if we only have Lawton, what happens if he's the answer and he gets injured? Are we then fooked again?

We have far too few physical players in our squad and no players to cover when these players are missing.

Not to mention tactics of 3-5-2 and the fact they are poor players anyway. REDA may be a good player but if always injured it doesn't matter if we signed Gary Cahill and John terry for muscular quality cbs if they are always injured they are no good to anyone regardless.

Ive seen Lawton and he is crap, I say this meaning he is 17 and even if he was messi at 17 you are still 17 and will get ripped apart in this league. People say if you good enough you're old enough what bollocks!!!!!

So a 38 year old Is ok but he is still good enough its quite clear a World class player will have problems at 38 and It works in reverse. He may be a decent 17 year old to us but we know he isn't a world beater so playing him just makes us certain for another loss imo.

ecky

The club can't afford to sack him. Its the only plan they are executing and will show to the world that they have poor judgement and cannot follow through with anything. This is the one thing that they can't blame on anyone else.

Anyway where is the money going to come from to pay them all off , what will that do to the wage budget an our ability to attract new players.

on the 10th Sept (just over 5 weeks ago)

Coventry chief executive Steve Waggott told the club's official website: “We are absolutely delighted that Steven and Neil have agreed new deals with the club.
“In Steven, we have a manager whose long-term vision absolutely mirrors that of the football club. We want to achieve success on the pitch and, integral to that, is identifying and developing the very best talent around.
“We’ve seen over the past 18 months the positive impact the players from our academy have had as they have come into the first team and we want to very much continue and expand that model and Steven is front and centre of that.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/coven...ur-year-deal-140910113034#CSOHr3tFMrBqWTFF.99

No going back now!

Waggott can go aswell he is as much to blame for the player we bought and brought in...
3 5 2 doesn't work yet pressley persists with it, that's his downfall aswell

Astute

How times change.

After the Chievo game I said that I could see us struggling as our players are too small for division 3. A fair few disagreed with me....as usual. Now even SP has noticed :(

Otis

How times change.

After the Chievo game I said that I could see us struggling as our players are too small for division 3. A fair few disagreed with me....as usual. Now even SP has noticed :(

Just wondering. Are the dugouts at the training ground and Sixifelds below pitch level?

Could explain a lot.

Tank Top

So why didn't he sign some physical players?

A good question Nick, you could also ask, why does he get rid of players who score goals, and signs players who can't.
I think it would be fair to say, "the club is at its lowest peak in terms of prospects since the Robins / Hill era appeared, all those many years ago, but finding another combo like those two, will prove harder than finding the Holy grail"

ccfcmustang

Promotion from where, the conference?

I dont even think we would get in the top 10 in that league. Once in my lifetime we have finished in the top 10 and i cant see that changing any time soon.

I am in the Pressley out gang but dont really see any replacements available. The only manager i would give a second thought is porbably lee clark. Not a Championship manager i know but did very well at Huddersfield in this league and very used to dodgy owners

SkyBlue_Bear83

Apparently we were dominating the ball last night but just gave away sloppy goals

"I'm disappointed. Coming here, it was very evident in our performance that we're lacking a lot of confidence. We tried to work our way into the game but we went behind to a sloppy goal.

We were dominating the ball but if you lose the goals we are at the moment, it gives you no chance. You've got to win your personal battles and accept the responsibility."

Is he really this deluded :(

Terry Gibson's perm

We dominate the ball in all the wrong places. The only thing we seem to be doing better than the opposition is to kick off as we are getting a lot of practice at that each game.

On a cold and windy night in Oldham I watched a truly woeful performance. Back passing and along lines was the play for most of the night with few forages forward - and those never looked inspiring.

Half time and I could imagine SP's team talk - "keep to the system lads, I know it will happen soon - I just have this feeling"

Oh dear - he has to change to a format that the players he has can implement - Oh, and playing two midgets up front and hoofing it over is never going to work.

God help us!

As an aside, while queuing for tickets next to the directors entrance, who should I spy on a lengthy phone call but TF - new manager maybe? Selling the club? Getting instructions from JS? Hmmm.

Last edited:

Otis

We dominate the ball in all the wrong places. The only thing we seem to be doing better than the opposition is to kick off as we are getting a lot of practice at that each game.

Have you also noticed, when the opposition have a throw in they seem able to throw it straight to one of their own players. When we have a throw in there is hardly any movement and at times it takes an age to release the ball and pretty much every single one of our own players is tightly marked.

Nick

Administrator
Have you also noticed, when the opposition have a throw in they seem able to throw it straight to one of their own players. When we have a throw in there is hardly any movement and at times it takes an age to release the ball and pretty much every single one of our own players is tightly marked.

Yep, nobody makes space at all. Seems the same when Strikers get the ball.

Everybody is hiding.

Users who are viewing this thread