Pressley in at Fleetwood!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingokings204

Mowbray or Pressley is like a player equilivant is Andy Webster or gary Cahill.

Juggernaut

Mowbray or Pressley

you decide

Mowbray all day. Not saying Pressley is better than Mowbray in any way. Just saying last season there was a LOT of things going on behind the scenes that made the club very unstable and it affected the side, that's evident because nothing on the playing side improved when Mowbray initially came in. No one could have been successful with us last season with what was going on.

eastwoodsdustman

Worcester City anyone?

I could take a freak result like worcester. The game that ended any faith I had in him was away at Yeovil. A dire 0-0 against a very poor team who were bottom and he called it a great hard earned point away from home. It was the most inept game of professional football I have witnessed with at least 10 simple 10 yard passes going out for throw ins. Players looked and played like they weren't interested in his tactics or his management style.
Rather than Mowbray being poor, I think its a minor miracle that he stopped the alarming downward spiral we'd got into and turned us around.

torchomatic

I blame Burge and Johnson for that one.

Anyway, controversial maybe, but I wish him luck. After Saturday, of course.

Worcester City anyone?

Johnnythespider

Mowbray all day. Not saying Pressley is better than Mowbray in any way. Just saying last season there was a LOT of things going on behind the scenes that made the club very unstable and it affected the side, that's evident because nothing on the playing side improved when Mowbray initially came in. No one could have been successful with us last season with what was going on.
I think our away form improved when he came in

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I blame Burge and Johnson for that one.

Anyway, controversial maybe, but I wish him luck. After Saturday, of course.

Me too. Seemed a decent bloke who just had blurred vision of how things were actually going.

Could put money on that if he was in charge of games this season where Mowbray has come out and said exactly what the fans also saw, Pressley would have seen exactly the opposite.

Terry Gibson's perm

The club was unstable partly due to the manager being unstable, the man didnt see the same game as most sensible people, was involved in signing dreadful players, playing players out of position, kept picking his mate Webster until it became impossible to keep him in the side. If we hadnt sacked him we would have been down with games left.

chiefdave

No matter how many we put past Fleetwood SP will make it sound like they've played the most amazing game of their lives and all the players could be in the Premier League.

Captain Dart

Pity he hasn't brought Andy Webster with him.

Kingokings204

I could take a freak result like worcester. The game that ended any faith I had in him was away at Yeovil. A dire 0-0 against a very poor team who were bottom and he called it a great hard earned point away from home. It was the most inept game of professional football I have witnessed with at least 10 simple 10 yard passes going out for throw ins. Players looked and played like they weren't interested in his tactics or his management style.
Rather than Mowbray being poor, I think its a minor miracle that he stopped the alarming downward spiral we'd got into and turned us around.

I was at the game. Madine missed a penalty. That game was just destined to be 0-0.

Probably the worst game of football I have ever seen.

skybluetony176

Good luck to him I say.

He had a difficult job here in difficult circumstances and although it was definitely time for him to go for a period of time he did a good job.

Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes is suitably rested and can rebuild his career.

Gazolba

If I was a Fleetwood player, I'd be worried. I'm sure the first 'bomb squad' wont be long in coming.

NorthernWisdom

Good luck to him I say.

He had a difficult job here in difficult circumstances and although it was definitely time for him to go for a period of time he did a good job.

Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes is suitably rested and can rebuild his career.

I'd agree.

I would say he doesn't seem great at judging which clubs to join however - picking us was crazy really given the club circumstances, and Fleetwood aren't exactly renowned for their managerial stability.

Hobo

The club was unstable partly due to the manager being unstable, the man didnt see the same game as most sensible people, was involved in signing dreadful players, playing players out of position, kept picking his mate Webster until it became impossible to keep him in the side. If we hadnt sacked him we would have been down with games left.

it is easy to blame the manager but never under estimate the power of certain characters in the dressing room. Many good managers have been destabilised by player power. Alex Ferguson survived by bombing a few out at Man United, Dave Sexton had to do the same at Chelsea....Brian Clough met his match at Leeds. The list is endless.

junglej13

Best of luck to Pressley. He was rightfully sacked at the right time. Our fans should never forget the job he did the first 4 months at Sixfields. Following the 10 point deduction and with the transfer embargo in place did anyone honestly think we would stay up that season?!

covboy9

i wish him all the best i liked him but he lost the plot, it was a shit job. the old boy curse strikes back sat then, i saw fleetwood vs colu and they were excellent i dont understand what happened to them

Malaka

there are some harsh comments on this thread. I hope he does well and wish him luck but not against us. I think he might do ok there, he has more experience now, there ain't many managers that have not messed up at some point.

Macca

After the Gillingham scraped win there were people wanting to give him a 5 year contract and the freedom of the city

letsallsingtogether

I hope he does well.
He always had time to speak to the supporters.
Funny how his biggest critics went to Shit fields and we're raving that we were playing our best football for a long time.
PUSB

Grendel

Glad to hear it.
Shame they shit on the man who had to make a go at it with no money or fans to help him.

No money? He had Saint Carl, Moussa, Clarke and Wilson didn't he? No fans? Didn't he have one of the best home record in the decade at
Sixfields?

no_loyalty

I hope he hasn't taken the player database with him, otherwise we might be in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread