Press Conference? (1 Viewer)

Lecko

Anyone know if this is live on BBC C&W later?

Walking Bird

I've tuned in in the vain hope they'd be broadcasting it.
They're not. Talking to a farmer in Cornwall about his massive Pig ! I kid you not ...:facepalm:

"Steven Pressley says he wouldn't have taken the job if he wasn't comfortable with City's financial situation."
Make of that what you will..........

RoboCCFC90

"Steven Pressley says he wouldn't have taken the job if he wasn't comfortable with City's financial situation."

The air in Scotland must be thinner than I thought, give him time...

bamalamafizzfazz

Have their been any quotes from Pressley? Are we sure he isn't tied and gagged somewhere? Seems strange to announce a new man and not have him speak straight away.

bamalamafizzfazz

Talks a good talk what I can hear of it. Shittest press conference recording ever! A host of microphones on the table and not one of them was connected to Sky Blue Player itself. Embarrassing.

mark82

I wish him well of course.. but I wonder if his naivety with regard to the SISU situation might serve him badly.. I hope not.

Why do you think he is naive? I'm pretty sure he will know more about the true situation than any of us. In Seppalla, Fisher & Waggott we have a better, more open, leadership team than we have had in my living memory.

Bluegloucester

Why do you think he is naive? I'm pretty sure he will know more about the true situation than any of us. In Seppalla, Fisher & Waggott we have a better, more open, leadership team than we have had in my living memory.

How can you say Seppala has been open? Have you met her? Has she spoken at any fans' forum? NO

dongonzalos

I make of it, that he was picked as he came from a club where all the senior pro's had to leave and he had to make do with kids.

Same scenario here but at a bigger club.

Grendel

I make of it, that he was picked as he came from a club where all the senior pro's had to leave and he had to make do with kids.

Same scenario here but at a bigger club.

Our senior pros are going nowhere

ohitsaidwalker king power

My concerns are based around his statement that he is 'comfortable' with the situation... based on a 48 hour conversation with Tim, Steve and Joy.... I don't suspect that for the last 5 years he has tracked the gradual decline of CCFC to the point of almost extinction. That said.. what was he expected to say, he's hardly going to fall foul of favour on day one is he?

I wish him every success in the world.

Grendel

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think the managerial appointment is a positive. Lets be clear on that.

However, how can you assert that Fisher is open? He was challenged on the radio last week and claimed he had paid £800K in rent - explicitly rent - this year. He hasn't. He claimed ACL had gone bust. They haven't. I could go on all night.

He may be many things, but to claim he's open is frankly preposterous

Last edited:

luwalla

He claimed ACL had gone bust. They haven't.

Can you show , or tell where he stated that.. I listened to that interview and I've read all the press about the current saga and I do t ever recall seeing that quote from him.. And he certainly never said that in the interview in cwr????

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Can you show , or tell where he stated that.. I listened to that interview and I've read all the press about the current saga and I do t ever recall seeing that quote from him.. And he certainly never said that in the interview in cwr????

I heard him on the radio. I presume it was CWR. Many others on here heard the same. Perhaps they can comment.

He did call them 'loss making' last week in The Telegraph if that helps. Guess what? They're not

cov4theprem

Anyone remember Pressleys defending in the Arsenal 2 Coventry 1 game (1994). It has horrid and embarrassing, and led to Ian Wrights goal...:facepalm:

luwalla

QUOTE=Mary_Mungo_Midge;388692]I heard him on the radio. I presume it was CWR. Many others on here heard the same. Perhaps they can comment.

He did call them 'loss making' last week in The Telegraph if that helps. Guess what? They're not[/QUOTE]

As I say.. I listened to that interview on the radio and he never said ACL had gone bust.

I do recall him saying they had paid ACL 800k.. and i also recall him saying that in other articles.. but that is a statement je has been making for some time, and ACL have never denied this, despite them having numerous chances to speak up ..

If you are going to accuse someone of exaggerating or even lying, then your argument kinda falls down if you just make stuff up or exaggerate the truth yourself

Mary_Mungo_Midge

QUOTE=Mary_Mungo_Midge;388692]I heard him on the radio. I presume it was CWR. Many others on here heard the same. Perhaps they can comment.

He did call them 'loss making' last week in The Telegraph if that helps. Guess what? They're not

As I say.. I listened to that interview on the radio and he never said ACL had gone bust.

I do recall him saying they had paid ACL 800k.. and i also recall him saying that in other articles.. but that is a statement je has been making for some time, and ACL have never denied this, despite them having numerous chances to speak up ..

If you are going to accuse someone of exaggerating or even lying, then your argument kinda falls down if you just make stuff up or exaggerate the truth yourself[/QUOTE]

Wrong. He made the statement about the £800K last week and specifically in terms of rent. Godiva came on here saying he didn't use it in that context and I pointed him specifically to the interview. To the very second. You'll also note that a notable poster from ACL posted specifically to refute the claims totally. So, again; wrong.

With regards the 'going bust' interview, I heard it myself. As did others on here. So we're all lying, eh? I don't know what station it was on, but perhaps someone will know. I'm currently driving back from Gatwick and trawling the Internet is kinda hard

luwalla

If you are going to accuse someone of exaggerating or even lying, then your argument kinda falls down if you just make stuff up or exaggerate the truth yourself

Wrong. He made the statement about the £800K last week and specifically in terms of rent. Godiva came on here saying he didn't use it in that context and I pointed him specifically to the interview. To the very second. You'll also note that a notable poster from ACL posted specifically to refute the claims totally. So, again; wrong.

With regards the 'going bust' interview, I heard it myself. As did others on here. So we're all lying, eh? I don't know what station it was on, but perhaps someone will know. I'm currently driving back from Gatwick and trawling the Internet is kinda hard[/QUOTE]

All still just words and hear say from you.. Show us some proof , and I'll give your accusations some credit..

PS - texting while driving then? That's worse than any of the things your accusing mr fisher of!!

dongonzalos

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2012/11/29/claims-that-ricoh-arena-company-heading-for-administration-dismissed-by-stadium-managers-92746-32330324/

Just read the last couple of posts are you looking for this?

Users who are viewing this thread