Premier League thread (7 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

The way he is playing he could be risking hs plan of moving on from them to a better club.

Currently PL clubs will be thinking "git some talent and can score a wonder goal but nowhere near fit enough and games seem to pass him by to much"
At least his bank account will be better off, but not much else.

Saddlebrains

Glad Gus is struggling tbh

Bloke sold us down the river the majority of the summer, and has decided to spend his extra cash on takeaways and lager when he gets his prem chance

Vik did it the right way, and i hope he goes to the top. We'll see Gus next year

TomRad85

Glad Gus is struggling tbh

Bloke sold us down the river the majority of the summer, and has decided to spend his extra cash on takeaways and lager when he gets his prem chance

Vik did it the right way, and i hope he goes to the top. We'll see Gus next year
Imagine anyone thinking Hamer was better than Gyokeres.
Tbf he will catch the eye occasionally in that dire team as fat or not he'll chip in with a wonder goal or Hollywood pass. To stay in the Prem himself though he needs to start working harder but if anything he appears to be going backwards.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBT

Such a short term move by GH imo. Taken a quick cash grab and PL chance rather than perhaps wait for right move.

where does it leave him at season end, staring down barrel on season in championship again.
As opposed to staying with us, staring down the barrel on another season in the Championship, but being considerably poorer in the process? He’d have been mad not to take the Sheffield United offer.

David O'Day

As opposed to staying with us, staring down the barrel on another season in the Championship, but being considerably poorer in the process? He’d have been mad not to take the Sheffield United offer.
Would he? There is an argument that if he stayed and had another great season he could of got a better move.

There's a very good chance Vik could of got a bigger wage if he signed of one of the lower end PL clubs that wanted him but he chose Sporting Club as it allows him to have a great season and maybe get a move to a top end club, top scorers in that league have recently moved to Liverpool and PSG.

So is it mad to have a more long term plan than taking the first move offered?

Skybluefaz

Would he? There is an argument that if he stayed and had another great season he could of got a better move.

There's a very good chance Vik could of got a bigger wage if he signed of one of the lower end PL clubs that wanted him but he chose Sporting Club as it allows him to have a great season and maybe get a move to a top end club, top scorers in that league have recently moved to Liverpool and PSG.

Broken legs and acl injuries can scupper any long term plans in football. I bet it's very rare you find a player who will turn down that payrise.

David O'Day

Broken legs and acl injuries can scupper any long term plans in football. I bet it's very rare you find a player who will turn down that payrise.
no one said injuries don't happen, I was pointing out it is not mad to have a longer term plan

but thanks anyway

SBT

I imagine his long term plan was to play in the Premier League and get paid more money to do so. I know Sheffield United probably isn’t a fun place right now, but I doubt he’s sat there looking at us in 20th in the league below wishing he’d stayed there instead.

Last edited:

Viktor17

Let’s be honest he would have been our best paid player and also our star player continuing to stay in headlines. Yes he’s got more cash but that is not always the best move. Look at viktor, very clever move for him, clearly a plan for future. GH has just taken cash grab without any thought.

Look good luck to him, just feel little sad seeing it play out like this.

mad not to take move, disagree in my opinion as the way it’s going not sure where he goes next if the trajectory continues.

SBT

Let’s be honest he would have been our best paid player and also our star player continuing to stay in headlines. Yes he’s got more cash but that is not always the best move. Look at viktor, very clever move for him, clearly a plan for future. GH has just taken cash grab without any thought.
They each took the best offer on the table that was available to them at the time - we don’t need to overthink this.

chiefdave

How the fuck did that take so long?

And why is it still not shown on the screens in the ground so people who have actually paid to go to a game have a clue what is happening

Users who are viewing this thread