Premier League thread (14 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Who could it be?

LastGarrison

A third Premier League club suspended a player last season after he was arrested on suspicion of committing child sex offences. He has since left the club.

Did I miss this completely? Don’t remember anything in the news?

Block 19

Agreed but they are a bit light on out and out and out strikers unless they plan to go the whole false number 9 as well.

When Kai Havertz played upfront he scored 8 in 20. Can see them playing him up front again next season as first choice with Timo Werner or replacement as a back up. Raheem Sterling scored 13 in 30 last season. Could see them both combining for 30 next season as Havertz will have more games in a forward position and Sterling will have a lot more of the ball at Chelsea than Man City. That's over half of Chelsea's 'goals for' in comparison to last season.

no_loyalty

Great bit of business by Man U, allowing Pogba to fuck off on a free and signing Eriksen.

Frostie

Both the fact he's holding out for £180k/week and Forest potentially paying it are absolute madness

Seems this has been massively over exaggerated. It's actually £80k p/w basic rising to £121k with bonuses.

Still an awful lot of money of course but then there's no transfer fee involved. Even if you assume he takes the max £121k every week it is 'only' £6.3m for the year. Not sure you could get many better players with PL experience for a similar outlay.

On the flip side of course does it create discontent amongst the other players? Who knows...

Brighton Sky Blue

Seems this has been massively over exaggerated. It's actually £80k p/w basic rising to £121k with bonuses.

Still an awful lot of money of course but then there's no transfer fee involved. Even if you assume he takes the max £121k every week it is 'only' £6.3m for the year. Not sure you could get many better players with PL experience for a similar outlay.

On the flip side of course does it create discontent amongst the other players? Who knows...

How much was Eriksen on at Brentford?

SkyBlueSoul

Ben Mee to Brentford is a good signing for them I feel, lot of experience and a very calm, professional head to have around. Him, Jansson and Ajer in a back 3 sounds solid

fernandopartridge

Speaking of which Everton look in for a rough ride again. Assuming Bournemouth and Fulham stick to form it'll be interesting to see who claims that 18th spot
Yeah, some of Lampard's comments make it sound like they're already seeing a return to the sort of form they were in most of last season

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, some of Lampard's comments make it sound like they're already seeing a return to the sort of form they were in most of last season

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seems again to be really struggling to recruit even after getting a pretty nice fee for Richarlison. Will be interested to see if Anthony Gordon kicks on anyway, looked a real talent in a struggling side last season .

Terry Gibson's perm

Bournemouth
Everton

And one other from

Leeds
Fulham
That team from the other end of the m69

I can’t see Forest having any problems they are signing good players

Frostie

Seems again to be really struggling to recruit even after getting a pretty nice fee for Richarlison. Will be interested to see if Anthony Gordon kicks on anyway, looked a real talent in a struggling side last season .

I'm yet to be convinced by Gordon tbh.
Works hard but has pretty much zero end product, seems more interested in diving than anything else which is a real shame.

Think Everton are in for a really tough season again.

20220722_151446.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm yet to be convinced by Gordon tbh.
Works hard but has pretty much zero end product, seems more interested in diving than anything else which is a real shame.

Think Everton are in for a really tough season again.

View attachment 25422

As I said, he was in a struggling team but looked one of the brighter players. See how he cracks on and hopefully yes the diving stops

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I see Klopp has started early. Whinging his players are tired due to their pre-season games. Boo fucking hoo.
It's ridiculous sometimes isn't it. You're own club gets to decide what games you play pre-season. If the players are tired don't set up so many games. Or make more use of the massive squad you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread