Premier League thread (12 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Ivan Toney amazing effort and a good save.

HadjiChippo

I don’t have any issue with switching out keepers any more than any other position on the pitch, but Ramsdale has a well-documented issue with concentration.
But playing out from the back comes from an understanding with your defence that needs to be maintained.

Can’t just drop a keeper in once every 20 games and then ask them to keep the same fluidity the defence have with Raya, regardless of concentration.

Should've either went all in with Raya and brought him or stuck with Ramsdale. Raya had issues too when he came in.

SBT

But playing out from the back comes from an understanding with your defence that needs to be maintained.

Can’t just drop a keeper in once every 20 games and then ask them to keep the same fluidity the defence have with Raya, regardless of concentration.

Should've either went all in with Raya and brought him or stuck with Ramsdale. Raya had issues too when he came in.
I don’t see why a keeper is less able to cope with coming in and out of the side than a CB, especially in the Premier League where they’re expected to be capable on the ball.

It’s the kind of old skool received wisdom that I enjoy seeing challenged - in the case of Arteta and Arsenal it’s just a shame they’re trying it with a keeper who freely admits he struggles to maintain focus.

HadjiChippo

I don’t see why a keeper is less able to cope with coming in and out of the side than a CB, especially in the Premier League where they’re expected to be capable on the ball.

It’s the kind of old skool received wisdom that I enjoy seeing challenged - in the case of Arteta and Arsenal it’s just a shame they’re trying it with a keeper who freely admits he struggles to maintain focus.
Fair enough, but I think you’d see the same mishaps if another CB came in and filled in for Saliba/Gabriel every so often. Takes a lot of time to build up the trust required to play this kind of football.

Part of me thinks the whole 2 goalkeepers thing was just PR anyway to keep Ramsdale somewhat happy/competing since he’d only just signed not long ago. As soon as Raya settled it was clear who number 1 is and if Raya signs in the summer can guarantee they’ll ship Ramsdale out quickly.

SBT

Fair enough, but I think you’d see the same mishaps if another CB came in and filled in for Saliba/Gabriel every so often. Takes a lot of time to build up the trust required to play this kind of football.

Part of me thinks the whole 2 goalkeepers thing was just PR anyway to keep Ramsdale somewhat happy/competing since he’d only just signed not long ago. As soon as Raya settled it was clear who number 1 is and if Raya signs in the summer can guarantee they’ll ship Ramsdale out quickly.
Yeah I think that’s the main thing - I don’t think there’s anything inherently bad about rotating keepers, I just don’t really see the value in it.

Terry Gibson's perm

So have we binned off this “don’t surround the ref” rule or what? Pisses me off when you see 4/5 players charge the ref screaming for a decision.

It’s gone in the same bin as the managers staying in the technical area and other people not going in there

HadjiChippo

Burnley 2-0 up away at West Ham.

R.3afa2ad9a8f74760dbccfeb2dd44ec99

Nick

Administrator
Standard of commentary is shockingly bad these days.

In fact the whole presentation of live football is a shambles these days. They've massively over complicated something really simple
He should just be saying what's happening on the pitch. Don't need his fucking poems.

Frostie

Standard of commentary is shockingly bad these days.

In fact the whole presentation of live football is a shambles these days. They've massively over complicated something really simple
Gary Neville as well, comparing the City goal to the disallowed Liverpool one in the Carabao Cup Final 🤦🏼‍♂️

Evo1883

Unreal ball by salah , nunez is not a top tier forward sorry

How are Liverpool not winning this

Users who are viewing this thread