Premier League thread (13 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Barkley won’t be playing with Luton in the championship next season somebody will sign him in the summer.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Life sometimes doesn't give you what you deserve.
I hope they stay up and Everton or Crystal Palace go down.They have now had 5 defeats on the trot and still manage to play like that.
Like I said earlier Barkley best I've seen him play.

Paul Anthony

Apparently the Forest chairman got on the pitch to try and have a go at the ref.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apparently the Forest chairman got on the pitch to try and have a go at the ref.
Magic Yes GIF by MolaTV

Frostie

Apparently Forest had the ball on the attack and Konate went down for a head injury. The ref gave the ball back to Allison for the drop ball despite forest being in possession when he stopped play. Liverpool went and scored from it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Not quite as bad as it sounds although yes, technically, the ref has made a mistake.

He thinks the last contact was in the box when he stops play for a supposed head injury (and so correct restart would be dropped ball to keeper) but actually Hudson-Odoi gets a touch on the ball out wide a split second before the whistle blows. Ref is clearly focusing on the 'injury' to Konate & doesn't realise Forest touched it.

It really isn't the massive thing like the media make it out to be though. 2 full minutes of time elapse between that & Liverpool scoring, possession changes hands (feet?) multiple times, the ball even goes out for a corner & Forest also have 2 easy chances to clear their lines but give it straight back to Liverpool. If one of the Forest defenders just kicks the ball upfield, the game ends & it's never mentioned. It in no way led to the goal.

wingy

Not quite as bad as it sounds although yes, technically, the ref has made a mistake.

He thinks the last contact was in the box when he stops play for a supposed head injury (and so correct restart would be dropped ball to keeper) but actually Hudson-Odoi gets a touch on the ball out wide a split second before the whistle blows. Ref is clearly focusing on the 'injury' to Konate & doesn't realise Forest touched it.

It really isn't the massive thing like the media make it out to be though. 2 full minutes of time elapse between that & Liverpool scoring, possession changes hands (feet?) multiple times, the ball even goes out for a corner & Forest also have 2 easy chances to clear their lines but give it straight back to Liverpool. If one of the Forest defenders just kicks the ball upfield, the game ends & it's never mentioned. It in no way led to the goal.
Thing is it never led to Forest possession after the alleged injury!

SBT

Do I have this right - Mark Clattenburg is now working as a “referee analyst” at Forest, whose job involves slagging off individual decisions to the media and trying to get into the ref’s dressing room after the game?

alexccfc99

Do I have this right - Mark Clattenburg is now working as a “referee analyst” at Forest, whose job involves slagging off individual decisions to the media and trying to get into the ref’s dressing room after the game?

I can't stand Clattenburg - the fact he got the euros trophy and olympic rings inked on him cause he refereed in both says it all about him

wingy

He's and they are within rights.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think he will also be telling the players what the ref will put up with and what they can get away with.

SBT

I think he will also be telling the players what the ref will put up with and what they can get away with.
Which would be fair enough, but if his job is essentially to work the refs and then undermine them in public, are we really surprised that confidence in refereeing is falling?

wingy

Which would be fair enough, but if his job is essentially to work the refs and then undermine them in public, are we really surprised that confidence in refereeing is falling?
If an error as basic as that is allowed then he has a right, Var could have notified but as far as we know didn't, let's see the stats on who gets the benifit from decisions, it's a feeling that's pervaded since I don't know, but the 70s for me!

alexccfc99

Fancy City to make absolutely mince meat of Man Utd later, went to put a bet on and City to score 4+ goals is only 2/1 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Blind-Faith

Phillip Billing just come for Bournemouth , great player and all that, but has Phillip on the back of his shirt. Absolute embarrassment, he ain’t that good!

alexccfc99

Considering they lost Harwood-Bellis, Maatsen and Tella over the summer

Burnley got promoted, spaffed a load of cash and made their side worse than the one that got them up

Crazy

Users who are viewing this thread