Premier League thread (45 Viewers)

Frostie

I assumed it had gone, why do they not enforce it?

Screenshot_20240116-220025.png

As above, still there but I know refs have been advised against enforcing it as it is felt that the punishment (a free kick inside the penalty area) is too severe.

In truth, 6 seconds really isn't very long, especially if there was a crowded penalty area after a set piece or similar & so advice is usually just to warn them. In my opinion, when it is clearly an act of timewasting though then fine, allow them 1 warning but then enforce when it is clear that they are massively exceeding it intentionally.

SBT

I know refs have been advised against enforcing it as it is felt that the punishment (a free kick inside the penalty area) is too severe.
I'm all for referees being allowed some flexibility, but straight up advising refs to ignore some laws because you personally disagree with the punishment is bizarre and clearly a sign of something going badly wrong higher up the chain of command.

fernandopartridge

Forest's defence really is a technicality though - their behaviour in signing 30 odd players in less than 18 months does not show somebody bothered about compliance with any PSR. If they were given dispensation to retrospectively include the sale of Brennan Johnson in their calculations, surely the same rule would apply to any signings they made in August.

no_loyalty

Palace battered 5-0 by Arsenal, Cooper probably incoming very soon.

Terry Gibson's perm

What are the Brentford fans doing celebrating like this the Leicester fans must be livid.

wingy

MC chief operating officer moves to UTD , is he close enough to the forthcoming sanctions,handy for a competitor to pick his brains?

TomRad85

Couldn't cut it in Spain but scoring on his debut in 'the best league in the world'?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

Ticked every single box. Jumped in two footed, off the ground, straight legs, studs up, none of the ball, onto the players leg.

Grendel

Penalty - really?

SkyBlueSoul

Ffs, my stream died after the red card and I assumed that was game over so didn't bother watching the rest

TomRad85

I'd really hate it if these, or any of the bottom 3 really, but especially these, stayed up due to points deductions. They are fucking dire.

wingy

I'd really hate it if these, or any of the bottom 3 really, but especially these, stayed up due to points deductions. They are fucking dire.

Need to consider the timing of it all really and when, could impact us/everyone.

SkyBlueSoul

West Ham bringing Kalvin Phillips in on loan. If they can get him up to speed then him, Soucek and Ward-Prowse is a strong midfield 3.

Users who are viewing this thread