Premier League thread (13 Viewers)

David O'Day

Whats the argument though? That Nunez got away with a sarcastic clap while he backed off and Dalot didn’t get away with still gobbing off? Inconsistent as ever but it still doesn’t not make it a sending off.
it's the inconsistent reffing that is the issue, both are the same offence under the laws of the game but he let one off and sent the other off.

Frostie

Do we know if Michael Oliver even saw the sarcastic applause from Nunez? It was directed at the assistant rather than him.

SBT

That would just prove inconsistency.
To be honest, I’d much prefer refs who take things like the atmosphere of the game into account when making decisions, rather than ones who robotically reach for the yellow card every time in the name of consistency. And no, this is not the same as saying referees should just do whatever the home fans want them to do etc

David O'Day

Do we know if Michael Oliver even saw the sarcastic applause from Nunez? It was directed at the assistant rather than him.
one of the officials will have and they talk

also sarcastically clapping the assistant ref is still a yellow card

Frostie

one of the officials will have and they talk

also sarcastically clapping the assistant ref is still a yellow card
100% it is & he could easily have gone as well.
Quite plausible that the assistant was happy to turn a blind eye though given he got a booking anyway, who knows.

For all the cries of "consistency" it's quite frankly impossible. No 2 incidents are ever exactly the same & no 2 human beings react & interpret subjective incidents in exactly the same way. This is also why VAR could never work in the way they want it to.

Sky Blue Pete

That would just prove inconsistency.
Yep no question that for subjective decisions at the discretion of the official there will be inconsistencies
You’d hope within a league or level of referees that there would be consistent inconsistencies but thats the rub

Evo1883

I don't know what goes on at forest and who runs what , they've spent 300 million in 3 windows and are not improving .
Does Cooper pick who is signed ? Or is he strictly a coach , I'd say if he's the latter then the wrong person has been sacked , if he makes the signings then I'd say the right person has been sacked

SkyBlueSoul

I don't know what goes on at forest and who runs what , they've spent 300 million in 3 windows and are not improving .
Does Cooper pick who is signed ? Or is he strictly a coach , I'd say if he's the latter then the wrong person has been sacked , if he makes the signings then I'd say the right person has been sacked
It's the latter, he's just a coach. I'm pretty sure the recruitment team were sacked last season when it wasn't going well after spaffing £150m on a whole new squad.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

SkyBlueSoul

VAR again being “very thorough” as the commentator says. Fucking hell it deflected off the defender’s face onto his arm, no handball, move on. Why take a minute to decide.

no_loyalty

Villa finally have the break through, it’s taken a while to breakdown Sheff United.

Users who are viewing this thread