Premier League thread (15 Viewers)

Frostie

I don't think he was the right man for the job & I think he's probably a little past his sell by date as a manager but he didn't deserve the way he was treated.

fernandopartridge

I don't think he was the right man for the job & I think he's probably a little past his sell by date as a manager but he didn't deserve the way he was treated.

Yeah, comes across as a decent man to me. The Geordies are vile, they'll shit on their own.

History has been rewritten since but they got right on Bobby Robson's back as well.

no_loyalty

Person leaves job for better opportunity. Pretty normal really

In every day life yes, but in Football no. I don’t have a problem with a manager leaving a club to go to another if it is done the correct way, with permission being given and compensation being agreed.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In every day life yes, but in Football no. I don’t have a problem with a manager leaving a club to go to another if it is done the correct way, with permission being given and compensation being agreed.

If a player/manager resigns then they should not be able to get another club until either the club formally agrees to it or their contract runs out.

Evo1883

The way i see it with footballers is this .

You are paid handsomely, very handsomely, you may not like the manager but that isn't a reason to down tools and give anything less than 110% every time you step on the pitch for those thousands of paying customers .

Simple

Brighton Sky Blue

The way i see it with footballers is this .

You are paid handsomely, very handsomely, you may not like the manager but that isn't a reason to down tools and give anything less than 110% every time you step on the pitch for those thousands of paying customers .

Simple

It's what I tell students who complain about certain teachers. In 10 years time you can't go to somebody with shit grades and go 'yeah but this teacher was crap', you still have a duty to yourself to do your best.

no_loyalty

His best work by far was with Birmingham, the rest I couldn't really tell you what he's done.

I think that is the longest he has been at a club and he did ok there, bought a decent striker/winger once (McSheffrey).

Grendel

Yeah, comes across as a decent man to me. The Geordies are vile, they'll shit on their own.

History has been rewritten since but they got right on Bobby Robson's back as well.

Some bloke on Five Live on Saturday when asked who they wanted it was "anyone but Steve Bruce" which sums it up

Then he was forced to give a name so said Banitez. Of course Bruce has the same record as Benitez but they seem to love him

The best was someone saying he couldn't take his daughter to games under Bruce as she was crying and traumatised every time and he felt it was cruelty to let her go - and he wasn't joking!

Brighton Sky Blue

Some bloke on Five Live on Saturday when asked who they wanted it was "anyone but Steve Bruce" which sums it up

Then he was forced to give a name so said Banitez. Of course Bruce has the same record as Benitez but they seem to love him

The best was someone saying he couldn't take his daughter to games under Bruce as she was crying and traumatised every time and he felt it was cruelty to let her go - and he wasn't joking!

He was in charge of them for one Championship season but Benitez' win rate there was 43% compared to Bruce's 29. Perhaps promotion clouded some minds

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes they really don’t like it on 606 when Sutton points it out to them. Benitez last season at Newcastle finished 13th, Bruce managed 12th!

Grendel

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Who will they blame when they get a new manager?

The owners for not investing even if they've spent a billion, the new manager for not understanding the tradition of the club and how massive they are, the players for not being Jackie Milburn, Alan Shearer and Gazza combined.

Basically, anyone but themselves and their unrealistic expectations.

Grendel

Robins was reluctantly given permission to speak to Huddersfield, I believe compensation was agreed.

He forced the move and he also walked out on Barnsley stop talking bollocks. Managers like players are sacked and also engineer moves if they can

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope he has a happy retirement out of the limelight and doesn’t make us suffer his awful accent on sky or bt telling the managers where they are going wrong, I always think he puts his accent on to sound more geordie so they might like him.

Users who are viewing this thread