Premier league- CCFC (1 Viewer)

PaulDyson

How many with Cov connections ply there trade in the top league.
I got Wilson, Henderson, Madderson, Madine, Van Arnholt, Christie, Sturridge, Stevenson. Must be more?

clint van damme

It’s overrated, it’s good for a few years but the novelty soon wears off when you are watching a bunch of mercenaries stroll around on their way to another defeat.

Something needs to be done to level out the playing field because at the moment you have a situation where 14 clubs are essentially there to just be cannon fodder.

What’s the point when the best you can ever hope for as a fan is to maybe see your team finish in mid table obscurity in the top flight?

Agreed. If you get relegated its definitely not worth bleating on about for over 40 years!

Astute

With our current owner no chance of Premiership,ever. I think the thought of the championship never mind the Prem. frightens her to death. Mark Robins has had a good go this summer brought some decent players in young too, but our best will be sold leaving Robins with the loose change and the same issues next season. Championship players transferred within the championship are selling for 4/5/6 million, Reading have just shelled out £1.5million for our star man, a fourth division player last season, to be on the bench,no way will sisu okay spending that sort of dosh even if we fill the Ricoh every week.
You can't say never. All you can say is that it won't be easy.

Go back 18 months. Most on here would have said that I had gone mad or I didn't have a clue if I had said we would win at Wembley twice and get promoted in the next year.

To have a chance of promotion this season we need to be one of the top 25%. It isn't all about spending money. Look at Accrington last season. Financially we are in our best place for years.

I am not going to write this season off. Just like I am not going to say we will be near the top of the table. We don't have a clue this early in the season. But we certainly have players that are good enough.

Once in the Championship we are just one step away. One good season. And we have an academy that continues to bring through good players. Spending millions doesn't mean you will get promotion. It helps. But it doesn't buy you team spirit. It can buy you players that are only there for the money though.

Magwitch

And in Wolves/Bournemouth/Fulham/Southampton/Stoke/half the PL's case an owner with a bottomless money pit
I know, the OP was “will we ever get back to the prem” and I said never not with our present owner, that’s not a normal sisu are crap outburst, just a fact they just ain’t got the financial clout to sustain a prem team or maybe not even a championship one, but neither have the apparent Hoffman/Elliott wanna be owners either.
To answer the OP we need a proper sugar daddy, thin on the ground but you never know they do turn up now and again.

JulianDarbyFTW

We won't break the transfer fee record in my lifetime. Football will have imploded before we get chance. The financial side is unsustainable in the long term at the current levels.

Adge

With the current cockroaches in charge it’s been said by others that we won’t make it back to the Prem and that is plainly obvious. I’d take just getting back in the Championshipship and remaining there and with that we may be a more attractive proposition for a potential buyer. With that though comes an even more ridiculous price tag then was banded about before when we were in the bottom tier.

Frank Sidebottom

The last couple of seasons has made me realise that I'm not overly bothered what league we are in. I just want us to be successful at whatever level we happen to be at. Being in the top 6 of league 2 last season was infinitely better than being also rans in the Championship for 10 or so years.... and fighting relegation year after year in the Prem occasionally sneaking the odd win against one of the big 4.

Covstu

It’s overrated, it’s good for a few years but the novelty soon wears off when you are watching a bunch of mercenaries stroll around on their way to another defeat.

Something needs to be done to level out the playing field because at the moment you have a situation where 14 clubs are essentially there to just be cannon fodder.

What’s the point when the best you can ever hope for as a fan is to maybe see your team finish in mid table obscurity in the top flight?
Slightly disagree, its what every club should strive for in a sustainable fashion and can make clubs very stable. Burnley jumps to mind, who city used to batter every season in the Championship and they are now an established prem team. Its about the only league in Europe where 6ish teams could win the title, the other major leagues are down to 3 at best.

I hate the money involved in football but cant get my head around any supporter not wanting to be in the top league. As a kid growing up in the 80's and 90's we had some great games which you cannot compare to the shite league we are currently in. I would assume Sunderland must be in the same place!

covcity4life

will always be my dream to see it again

league 2 promotion kept me going, we need one more promotion urgently now.

once we are in championship i can relax on the prem dream for a few years

but being in league 2 or 1 is just too far away, unless we are winning like last year its a horrible place to be

CCFC88

Winning/Gaining promotion from the Championship would be incredible, emotions on the level of last years run in x10, the buzz around the club and city would be immense.
If we ever achieved that you just have to enjoy the following season, knowing that worse case scenario is that you're back in a very enjoyable Championship the following season.
Id love to see us win a meaningful trophy in my lifetime which can be done with a top flight squad and a bit of luck.

We will obviously never win the premier league, but if you asked Burnely fans 20 years ago if they'd ever be watching their team play in Europe again.....

Astute

will always be my dream to see it again

league 2 promotion kept me going, we need one more promotion urgently now.

once we are in championship i can relax on the prem dream for a few years

but being in league 2 or 1 is just too far away, unless we are winning like last year its a horrible place to be
I agree but would word it differently.

Division 3 is a long way from the Prem. But I enjoy it. Going to grounds I haven't been to before. Standing up and not having a seat in the way. Meeting opposition supporters that know more player names than those in the media all the time.

But yes would prefer to be in the Prem. Even if only for the occasional season. And more for my young lad than me.

Astute

Winning/Gaining promotion from the Championship would be incredible, emotions on the level of last years run in x10, the buzz around the club and city would be immense.
If we ever achieved that you just have to enjoy the following season, knowing that worse case scenario is that you're back in a very enjoyable Championship the following season.
Id love to see us win a meaningful trophy in my lifetime which can be done with a top flight squad and a bit of luck.

We will obviously never win the premier league, but if you asked Burnely fans 20 years ago if they'd ever be watching their team play in Europe again.....
Winning any trophy is meaningful. But some trophies are more meaningful than others.

Users who are viewing this thread