Potentially does not bode well (2 Viewers)

Otis

Playing behind closed doors for 90 minutes a few times a week for a month is all it would take in our league and most of the others.
Makes perfect sense. These restrictions are going to continue, so behind closed doors seems the obvious solution.

As has been mentioned before, the whole country is going to need a pick-me-up, so what better way than to have sport back on, behind closed doors, every match available via livestream for a fee.

I think it would be a tremendous boost and shot in the arm to the UK.

Brighton Sky Blue

Makes perfect sense. These restrictions are going to continue, so behind closed doors seems the obvious solution.

As has been mentioned before, the whole country is going to need a pick-me-up, so what better way than to have sport back on, behind closed doors, every match available via livestream for a fee.

A hefty number of non league clubs have begged the FA to reconsider cancelling their seasons. The 5th and 6th tier have gone for indefinite suspension. It's clear that large numbers in the football community want to finish the season properly and this is the only way you do that unless you significantly push back the following season.

skybluesam66

4 divisions probably 10 games left each - so approximately 460 games left

Play from 10 in the morning to 10 at night - a game every 2 hours - so 12 games a day

Would get through the rest of the season in 38 days, with back to back football on the tv

Otis

4 divisions probably 10 games left each - so approximately 460 games left

Play from 10 in the morning to 10 at night - a game every 2 hours - so 12 games a day

Would get through the rest of the season in 38 days, with back to back football on the tv
Yup, cos we can obviously only have one game on at any one time and not multiple matches.

;)

Otis

giphy.gif

skybluepm2

Could we win it again next season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don’t think we would recover psychologically from it being taken away when almost within our grasp this season. Not to mention losing O’Hare and Walsh, two of the best (of not the best) midfielders in the league. Play it behind closed doors if needs be but please god do not void it. This is a once in a lifetime season for us.

Mcbean

Be like the FA cup we won it once - we never looked like it could happen again just too many lucky breaks - different this season with the quality of play but actually not many mistakes cost 3 points apart from Tranmere

standupforcity

And if time isn't available for that, top two should be promoted, with play-offs as it is...and play-offs for the bottom four too...same for all divisions.

larry_david

Cannot see why anyone is banging the 'season must be void' drum. I just don't understand anyone's motive for that. Even if we were 7 points adrift at the bottom I'd want the league finished as I've invested serious money and emotion into it. To

Nick

Administrator
Cannot see why anyone is banging the 'season must be void' drum. I just don't understand anyone's motive for that. Even if we were 7 points adrift at the bottom I'd want the league finished as I've invested serious money and emotion into it. To
Usually people with their own agendas.

Otis

I think it makes no sense, though I see Scottish rugby have voided their seasons.

Nick

Administrator
What is annoying me is when somebody says "we need to finish this season before we start a new one" and then people respond with "PEOPLE ARE DYING".

Nobody is suggesting tomorrow in the hospital car park are they? Just that at some point this season should be finished before the next one starts.

Twats.

Flying Fokker

No way you can limit the crowds at home - will be a riot
But surely travel will scupper that plan. The EFL could always insist that the game should be played within4 miles of the Cathedral spire. The Butts sounds attractive seeing as Cov United is rolling over accepting the decisions.

Flying Fokker

I don’t think we would recover psychologically from it being taken away when almost within our grasp this season. Not to mention losing O’Hare and Walsh, two of the best (of not the best) midfielders in the league. Play it behind closed doors if needs be but please god do not void it. This is a once in a lifetime season for us.
I’m not bothered about Ooh Aah and Walsh. Just win the league. PPG will do me.

Gynnsthetonic

I’m not bothered about Ooh Aah and Walsh. Just win the league. PPG will do me.
Ooh Aah I am a cider drinker.
Joking aside I've just looked at the league table first time for about a month, we are literally running away with it and in bookie terms a dead cert, I didn't look to much at the table before as thought I would jinx it.

Last edited:

mark82

The ideas were/are already being thrown around about the outcome of respective leagues etc regardless of the current/ongoing situation.
The point being is let’s get this once in a lifetime “situation” over with first and foremost and then concrete plans can be put in place not only for football to conclude, but other sports too instead of Tom Dick and Harry throwing their two penneth in.

Think I misunderstood your original post. Thought you were saying leagues should be voided as football can't be played. I don't think any decisions should be made yet in terms of how/when seasons are ended. We just don't have the required information to make informed decisions. Not sure why the FA felt the need to rush into it.

Johhny Blue

Omg can you imagine the hate from Scumderland if that happens
You'd have to feel sorry for them though...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....…………………………………………………………………………………………………...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread