Potential retained list (1 Viewer)

blunted

I just hope Sisu haven't put a clause in the sale to King that they take out a load of cash if we get promoted. Could still screw us from afar

blunted

Retain? Depends if Kelly wants full-time football (see Shippers). A lot of the top European clubs now retain an elder statesman to play in the youth sides to assist development. Kelly is taking his coaching badges so this would be an ideal opportunity whilst retaining his playing contract. All down to money and what the player wants. Dabo was so good before his injuries albeit at a lower level and a bit gung ho. Would love him to be retained and shrug off his injury problems. I trust our management to make the right decision. Can't see Walker or Maguire being offered new contracts although I think they are good blokes looking at the Coventry Unseen videos. Think reading between the lines, Rose has gone. Would love if we could buy Mac and loan Doyle.

Hobo

I just hope Sisu haven't put a clause in the sale to King that they take out a load of cash if we get promoted. Could still screw us from afar
I think there will always be SISU conspiracy theories and how they will forever siphon money out the club?

I think reality points to the fact - for various reasons - they were pretty desperate to get out.

I think they realized getting the stadium for free had gone. They didn't have funds to bid for it and fund the club. Certainly not the funds to build or they would have done it years ago. They had few assets to sell (players don't really count as their career could be over next week).

Realistically promotion was still a long way off but the clubs profile was as high as it had been for a long time. You don't sell something when it is worthless, but when you do sell something there has to be something in it for the buyer. So I think they have just took a fee and gone.

I think the 5 per cent thing was so King could late bid for CBS. They may have wanted a percentage share of the stadium? But was once Frasers got it I think they realized it was time to go.

Nuskyblue

I think we'll keep most of our current match day squad, including the loans if we can make them permanent, and only add 5 or 6 quality players. (Obviously we'd need to also replace Vik and Hamer if they move on)

I don't think we will be bringing in as many players as some expect, and certainly not on the scale that Forrest did. If we go up and keep hold of Vik and Hamer then I'd be surprised if we spend more than £20m

I can imagine MR looking for quality over quantity, and adding some pace and energy in certain areas. And having Palmer and O'hare available after injuries will be a bonus.
We'd need to spend £50-80M to be competitive, these would be largely filling holes that are filled with loans. After that we'd need reinforcements down the spine.

SBAndy

I have heard that this is, in fact, the case. Some form of earn-out arrangement. Don’t know to what level.

slowpoke

Retain? Depends if Kelly wants full-time football (see Shippers). A lot of the top European clubs now retain an elder statesman to play in the youth sides to assist development. Kelly is taking his coaching badges so this would be an ideal opportunity whilst retaining his playing contract. All down to money and what the player wants. Dabo was so good before his injuries albeit at a lower level and a bit gung ho. Would love him to be retained and shrug off his injury problems. I trust our management to make the right decision. Can't see Walker or Maguire being offered new contracts although I think they are good blokes looking at the Coventry Unseen videos. Think reading between the lines, Rose has gone. Would love if we could buy Mac and loan Doyle.
Kelly has trained U/16 & U18 at times already.

Adge

Could ask Turner if Haynes and Tudgay are staying I guess.

steve101

Defensively, we will be left with McFadzean and Bidwell with no juniors knocking at the door. It is going to take some rebuilding to have a workable defence ready to go. Desperately need to re-loan some of the loanees for some sort of stability.

SkyblueTexan

Was looking at the released list from other teams and the following caught my eye:
Josh Ruffles LB Huddersfield (Ex -City guy)
Lucas Joao FWD Reading
Ryan Manning Midfield Swansea

AFCCOVENTRY

Was looking at the released list from other teams and the following caught my eye:
Josh Ruffles LB Huddersfield (Ex -City guy)
Lucas Joao FWD Reading
Ryan Manning Midfield Swansea

I have a feeling Ryan Manning will go to Saints with his boss from Swansea.

I saw somewhere Jay Dasilva was at the play off final. I think that will be a more realistic signing.

Users who are viewing this thread