Tavares
The two Stevenage lads
Plus one or two others

Do get promoted, retained list....

Gyokeres
Hamer

😂

torchomatic

I know we're not there - and might not make it - but it must be awful for players who, over the years, have fought for their shirt to get their club promoted only to be let go and deemed "surplus to requirement", basically, not good enough for a higher level. The way of the world, I guess.

fatso

I know we're not there - and might not make it - but it must be awful for players who, over the years, have fought for their shirt to get their club promoted only to be let go and deemed "surplus to requirement", basically, not good enough for a higher level. The way of the world, I guess.
It's certainly weird, when you work so hard to achieve success, and that very success costs you your job.
Hopefully those who leave will be picked up by another championship team, they certainly deserve to be.

Adge

Guess we could always ask Turner-maybe not……

Mucca Mad Boys

Robins has already alluded to a churn of players this transfer window. Even if we get promoted, we should keep players like Dabo, Kelly and McFadz around the squad. They won’t be starters, but players like this typify the spirit of team and to lose them would damage the fabric of the team. Looking at Forest this season, I think they tried to transition too quickly and it took a while for them to gel as a club and may still get relegated.

Irrespective of what happens next week, we’re in a transitional phase as a club since we need to add some serious quality to our team.

In my opinion, only Gyokeres and Hamer will be able to cope in the Prem next season if we got there. Perhaps Sheaf, Doyle and McNally could make the grade.

Otis

Robins has already alluded to a churn of players this transfer window. Even if we get promoted, we should keep players like Dabo, Kelly and McFadz around the squad. They won’t be starters, but players like this typify the spirit of team and to lose them would damage the fabric of the team. Looking at Forest this season, I think they tried to transition too quickly and it took a while for them to gel as a club and may still get relegated.

Irrespective of what happens next week, we’re in a transitional phase as a club since we need to add some serious quality to our team.

In my opinion, only Gyokeres and Hamer will be able to cope in the Prem next season if we got there. Perhaps Sheaf, Doyle and McNally could make the grade.
If we went up, why would we keep Dabo? 🤔 I get McFadzean. Seems Kelly may already be on his way out anyway. I can't blame him wanting to continue. He's 33, so has a couple of years or so left in him you would have thought.

At 36, McFadzean is right at the end of his playing days. Certainly at a higher level anyway. He would be great to keep about the club though for sure.

Doyle I rhink, will definitely play in the Premier at some point in the future. I just don't believe it will be with us, but let's see.

Sheaf, maybe. We would definitely keep Sheaf I would have thought. I just don't get, Dabo.

wingy

If we went up, why would we keep Dabo? 🤔 I get McFadzean. Seems Kelly may already be on his way out anyway. I can't blame him wanting to continue. He's 33, so has a couple of years or so left in him you would have thought.

At 36, McFadzean is right at the end of his playing days. Certainly at a higher level anyway. He would be great to keep about the club though for sure.

Doyle I rhink, will definitely play in the Premier at some point in the future. I just don't believe it will be with us, but let's see.

Sheaf, maybe. We would definitely keep Sheaf I would have thought. I just don't get, Dabo.
Pretty sure Sheaf signed a new contract a couple of weeks back.

Mucca Mad Boys

He’s clearly an influential and popular player in the squad.

If we got promoted, how many players would we sign? At this rate we’d likely have to sign at least 8-11 first team players.

Brighton Sky Blue

That goes both ways with players who outgrow the club after we put the work in to their development.

slowpoke

If we go up I could see Doyle being back next season, I think a loan to a lower end prem team will be his next step, possibly the same for Norton Cuffy.
Don’t think so, in the prem we will only be allowed two loans so I doubt they will be youngsters even with the potential of Doyle. I’d think MR will go for premier experiance.
As for Cuffy same really but I’d tempt Arsenal with a cheeky bid to get him permanently, don’t think there’s any chance of that with Doyle.

Brighton Sky Blue

Don’t think so, in the prem we will only be allowed two loans so I doubt they will be youngsters even with the potential of Doyle. I’d think MR will go for premier experiance.
As for Cuffy same really but I’d tempt Arsenal with a cheeky bid to get him permanently, don’t think there’s any chance of that with Doyle.

You’re only allowed two from other PL clubs, you can have more from abroad

slowpoke

If in the premier players will all be playing and training with better players some will move on but the likes of Sheaf, Palmer, a fit COH should thrive, but football is a revolving door, take Forest for example bought something like 23 players in the summer and are a win, maybe a couple of draws from safety and kept their faith with manager, if they survive that strategy will have worked and can build on it.

Blind-Faith

Ohare
Palmer
Sheaf
Hamer
Vik
Fadz ( he just gets better with age )
Eccles ( has the attributes just needs to bulk up )
McNally if we can get him
Doyle back on loan

these boys can cut it in the Prem, but we would certainly need reinforcements

Just got to win one more game 🤞🤞

Nuskyblue

If in the premier players will all be playing and training with better players some will move on but the likes of Sheaf, Palmer, a fit COH should thrive, but football is a revolving door, take Forest for example bought something like 23 players in the summer and are a win, maybe a couple of draws from safety and kept their faith with manager, if they survive that strategy will have worked and can build on it.
I'm not sure if I'd call what Forrest did a strategy, it was more throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticked.

slowpoke

I'm not sure if I'd call what Forrest did a strategy, it was more throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticked.
Well looking at the table they could lose their last two matches and still stay up, I’d settle for that next season, if we get there.

baldy

As my bro says,who's a Forest fan,they had to get in the amount of players they did seeing as they had so many loans that were going back to their parent clubs plus obviously they needed reinforcements - dunno where people get this idea from that they just splurged out on 20 + players just for the sake of it
I think managers know a bit more than us about recruitment

DownUnderDingo

Does Kelly get a year Extension if we get promoted??

Ccfcisparks

Think if we go up we will need to have the following still in the squad, not necessarily the first XI as 1) its counter productive a lot of the time to have a completely brand new team and 2) we will not be able to afford to replace them all.

Gyok
Hamer
Sheaf
Bidwell
Eccles
O'Hare
Allen
Palmer
Wilson

Obviously this excludes the loans.

slowpoke

Think if we go up we will need to have the following still in the squad, not necessarily the first XI as 1) its counter productive a lot of the time to have a completely brand new team and 2) we will not be able to afford to replace them all.

Gyok
Hamer
Sheaf
Bidwell
Eccles
O'Hare
Allen
Palmer
Wilson

Obviously this excludes the loans.
Those on the move at the end of the season will know, some should we stop in the championship more if we go up. Take Gyo & Gus from that list would the bulk of the rest make decent squad players ?

Evo1883

Should city be promoted a basic spine starting with vik , hamer and sheaf

Work from there .

Should we stay down , fuck knows , big summer either way

Mucca Mad Boys

You don't think O'Hare or Palmer have what it takes to play in the top flight?

With O'Hare, it depends on his rehab - if he comes back the same player, he'll be a good squad player for certain. Likewise with Palmer.

In the event of a promotion, the best case is survival in year one but I don't think we're ready for the Prem. So really, we'd be positioning ourselves to be competing at the top end of the Championship if we did go down.

Ultimately, I'm just a punter and if there's anything we've learned over the last 5 years is that we can trust Robins to make the right decisions and progress the club.

Evo1883

The club won't overspend in the prem , they will have relegation on their mind and won't risk putting the club in financial ruin , we will be sensible we'd have no choice

Mucca Mad Boys

Should city be promoted a basic spine starting with vik , hamer and sheaf

Work from there .

Should we stay down , fuck knows , big summer either way

I feel like the playoff final is more of a must-win for us than Luton. Both Hamer and Gyokeres could both attract serious interest and leave and if we don't invest well, we could regress.

Users who are viewing this thread